Old 09-05-2009, 07:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default mamba max/monster

Can you run a mamba monster motor w/ a mamba max esc. Thanx
Old 09-05-2009, 07:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Sure, might need a fan on the Mamba Max and if you plan on using more than 3S li-po you will need an external BEC.
Old 09-05-2009, 07:33 PM
Tech Master

why it is kinda pointless?
Old 09-05-2009, 07:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sLaSh It UPP
why it is kinda pointless?
No it's not since the MMM is unreliable and the MM is rock solid. You will have to run a fan OR ventilate the body and place the esc in the air stream. I couldn't keep fans working so I placed the esc up front on my Tekno 8b and use JConcepts 8E body w/the vents cut out and never gets over 160F.
Old 09-05-2009, 07:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

the MMM is unreliable
That's nice to know. Mine has worked perfectly. So when should I expect mine to blow up? 2 years? 4?
Old 09-05-2009, 08:14 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ALLERACER
That's nice to know. Mine has worked perfectly. So when should I expect mine to blow up? 2 years? 4?
+1
Old 09-05-2009, 09:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ALLERACER
I think he meant that because there have been far more problems with the Monster than with the Max.
Old 09-05-2009, 09:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losifiend
I think he meant that because there have been far more problems with the Monster than with the Max.
Thank you! And from personal experience(both mine and friends) have had 2 to fail early in the game, and one of those that was sent back to CC came back DOA. I have run been running the same MM for a while now. No issues at all. I usually don't post on here from what others say, but from my own experiences.
Old 09-05-2009, 10:00 PM
Tech Regular

If just as many people tried to run the Mamba Monster motors on the Mamba Max as what is alreadry run on the Mamba Monster, then you would have more Mamba max failures. And to even be fair, you can only consider Mamba Monster failures with 4s, since 5s and 6s wouldn't be run on the Mamba Max anyway. So which is probably better at running 4s? The Mamba Monster.
Old 09-06-2009, 06:16 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by SpEEdyBL
If just as many people tried to run the Mamba Monster motors on the Mamba Max as what is alreadry run on the Mamba Monster, then you would have more Mamba max failures. And to even be fair, you can only consider Mamba Monster failures with 4s, since 5s and 6s wouldn't be run on the Mamba Max anyway. So which is probably better at running 4s? The Mamba Monster.
4s is perfect for an e revo
Old 09-06-2009, 08:12 AM
Tech Apprentice

Well I have both, The max and the monster. just didnt know the max could run the monster. Great products either way. castle is awsome with their warranty. Thanx
Old 09-06-2009, 10:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

I dont really get what your saying but before the monster was released the Max was the esc of choice for people running 1/8 scale conversions with 4S lipo. I saw plenty of them being used on the LST forum when converting them. With an external BEC it has been reliable running XL sized motors when geared and sized correctly. Not many people know of the capability of the Max ESC for running XL size motors on 4S because its only rated for 3s, but we all know thats only for the BEC. The Max is rated at 100A and the Monster is rated at 125A*. The astrisk tells me that its only for 125A burtst not continues. Not enough difference to justify the extra money IMO. I'm going to give the Max Pro a shot when it comes out since it will be cheaper than the original Max, has a fan built in, and has a BEC rated up to 6S. Its still 100A so as long as you dont try and run a 3500KV motor on 4S, with 18/50 gearing() you will be fine.

People need to start understanding watage and ampreage related to any size brushless motor and the ESC powering it. Most people use 5000MAH, 20C LiPos so 100A is max there any ways. Why would you need a speed controller that would be rated at a higher nominal amperage when with the rite motor and gearing you wont pull more than 65-75A any ways and keep all component temperatures down.

On another note, the VXL ESC is also rated at 100A and provides quite a bit of bang for your buck. The only down side is that its not programable like the Max is. But with a BEC it will also do 4S when matched with the rite motor and gearing on a 1/8 scale buggy.

My $.2
Old 09-06-2009, 11:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 119 (99%+)

the MM had just as many problems if not more when it was released. they had done a good job with the MMM so far. i have smoked 2 MM's and 2 MMM's so far so they are equally as good imo.
Old 09-06-2009, 11:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 119 (99%+)

i ran a 1515 1y on my MM for over a year with no problem. many people were running the more amp hungry 1.5d. i dont understand what you are incinuating
Old 09-06-2009, 12:22 PM
Tech Regular

What about the mm motor and the sidewinder esc

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.