Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Impressions of the Novak HV Pro system? >

Impressions of the Novak HV Pro system?

Impressions of the Novak HV Pro system?

Old 09-03-2009, 11:15 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Impressions of the Novak HV Pro system?

Setting up an OFNA hyper9e, and I'm thinking about running the Novak system. Probably the 7.5t motor with 4s. I haven't found to many comments about the system, and I was just wondering what people thought of it.
Old 09-03-2009, 11:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

You probably havnt heard much because must people don't have much nice to say about them. Everyone I have ever seen has cought fire at some point or another. One of my good friends had his revo burn up before he could get to it. Caused a total loss.

Get a Tekin or a Castle.
Old 09-03-2009, 11:32 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R-E-A-P-E-R-
You probably havnt heard much because must people don't have much nice to say about them. Everyone I have ever seen has cought fire at some point or another. One of my good friends had his revo burn up before he could get to it. Caused a total loss.

Get a Tekin or a Castle.
Or a Losi, but not a Novak
Old 09-03-2009, 11:34 AM
Tech Master

I have never seen a losi hold up either. But at least they don't catch fire.
Old 09-03-2009, 02:36 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

You could try a combo, a tekin RX8 esc with the novak motor or speed passion motor. The Hyper 9E from what I can tell seems as if it was designed for those Novak and Speed passion sized motors in mind since it has a heatsink sized for them that bolts to the chassis, and a fan mount area on it too.

If my Speed Passion unit didn't burn up, I think it could have made a killer combo. Hopefully the new V2s when they come out will be more reliable.
Old 09-03-2009, 03:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
You could try a combo, a tekin RX8 esc with the novak motor or speed passion motor. The Hyper 9E from what I can tell seems as if it was designed for those Novak and Speed passion sized motors in mind since it has a heatsink sized for them that bolts to the chassis, and a fan mount area on it too.

If my Speed Passion unit didn't burn up, I think it could have made a killer combo. Hopefully the new V2s when they come out will be more reliable.
could they make the esc any bigger???
Old 09-03-2009, 05:44 PM
Tech Rookie

I have and e-revo that i have had for a year and almost have with a 6.5 hv and have run the dog s**t out of and have not had one problem let alone catching on fire.
Old 09-03-2009, 05:48 PM
Tech Master

You better go knock on some wood or something bud cuz that thing is a ticking timebomb....
Old 09-03-2009, 05:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

I had several of the older HV's in conversions over the years, and had great luck with them. I bought the new "HV-Pro" within the first 5 minutes it locked up and Novak replaced the motor.
I bought a M.M.M. while waiting for the HV motor to retrun, It's ben over a year now and the HV-Pro is in my parts box and have ben running the M.M.M. exclusively. With such great success, I now have (6) M.M.M.2200's
Old 09-03-2009, 05:53 PM
Paf
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by reracer
Setting up an OFNA hyper9e, and I'm thinking about running the Novak system. Probably the 7.5t motor with 4s. I haven't found to many comments about the system, and I was just wondering what people thought of it.
I know for sure the Tekin RX8 won't cause a buggy meltdown and I think reliability is slightly better than the rest.

If you have the money right now, maybe you should buy two systems right away. It's sad to say but they all have reliability issues and some even have failures that may cause fire.

As for motor, I have the SpeedPassion/Feigao 2500kv one and it's been bullet proof to me. It's not the most powerful, it seems to run fairly hot, it has big holes that sucks all the dirt, but mine is still running strong. It has dents from banging on the chassis in crashes and hard landings. I also run on pretty dusty/loose tracks, so it ate a fair amount of dirt. Works great with the RX8 and costs about $100 too.
Old 09-03-2009, 06:15 PM
Tech Master

I love my 2 RX8 systems. And if you do run into a problem they havectge best customer service in the biz
Old 09-03-2009, 06:17 PM
Tech Rookie

Had it out today did a forty min run dirt,road,grass, jumping,speed runs and like i say have done it for well over a year on nimh and lipos.And im geared 68/18.And hears another kicker on max amp batteries.
Old 09-03-2009, 07:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

The Tekin ESC's can burn up too Seems to only be an issue
with 1/8 Scale Vehicles on the ESC's handling to much current
but far as I am concerned Tekin's rarely have issues.
Old 09-03-2009, 07:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Was at the track last week. One guy spun a rotor in his tekin, then smoked the ESC on the next run. I guess I'll wait for the new V2 speed passions and see what they're all about.

I'm not apposed to spending money, but I don't want to spend it foolishly.
Old 09-04-2009, 08:47 AM
Super Moderator

I have ran my novak for a few weeks with great luck.