Team Tekin RS-Pro

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Tekin RS-Pro

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 02:39 PM
Tech Master

The main difference with 200 is the turbo function, which you probably wouldn't use in a 4wd off-roader with an 8.5 unless you had a crazy long straight that topped out your motor early.
There is another RS thread in this forum, will onyl be a few pages back and has a LOT of info on set-ups and what have you
Old 09-04-2009, 06:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Randy , you have a pm .
Old 09-05-2009, 11:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

briguy heres the link to setups

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...tups-only.html
Old 09-06-2009, 07:25 AM
Tech Champion

Thanks , but I need to find the 200 software first . Some reason I do not see it on the website . Latest shown which I have is 198 . Anyone have this that they can email me a copy ?
Old 09-06-2009, 12:28 PM
Tech Adept

Hi Guys,

I'm going to get mine end of the month payday lol.

But the reason I'm putting the 8.5 in, the local club is very smal tight track & also multi surface with carpet & polished floor.
I used to run 6.5 in my CAT SX that was to much for the indoor club.
But when I go racing at WORKSOP in the UK it's pretty big open track so the 6.5 will go in the car.

Also when i get the Speedo & motor combo, what software has it already got do i need to get on the net straight away just update it?
Also where do i get this software from see you all talking about this 200 but how do i find this information so i can just sort it out before i plug it in the car play lol.
Old 09-06-2009, 01:30 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

To update the RS, you will need the Hotwire, and you can download the latest public update from their website, which is Ver. 198. Version 200 is being passed out by Randy Pike, you will have to email him for it. The only major difference between 198, and 200 is the addition of the "Turbo" function,which adds more timing after a set amount of time at full throttle. It doesn't sound like they reccomend running turbo with anything below 10.5.
Old 09-06-2009, 04:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

i can honestly say the rs-pro is the best esc ive ever used.
Old 09-06-2009, 08:45 PM
Tech Initiate

I agree, awesome ESC (RS Pro). The ability to make adjustments directly on the ESC (no PC connection) is the best I've ever seen, its quick and very easy. You get more resolution and more adjustments with the Hotwire.

but...

I personally think the Hotwire GUI sucks, I really dislike overly graphic interfaces (if it can be disabled, someone please let me know how!) It reminds me of the horrid "skins" for Winamp and Windows Media Player, and some other software like from PC hardware manufacturers.

Give me a standard, reliable program window with standard Windows-style fields, sliders, and tickboxes, and I'd be very happy. With the Hotwire GUI I get graphics artifacts and the sliders and tick boxes are buggy and sometimes don't respond. Oh, and you have to click on them juuuust right to get them to move. It sort of gets the job done, but, meh.

If Tekin made the GUI layout as a standard "Windows" style window, I'd give the entire package a 11/10.
Old 09-06-2009, 08:56 PM
Tech Champion

Today was my first time using the Hotwire and actually prefer setting everything that way then messing with the buttons on ESC . No problems at all getting the sliders or ticks to move . Tomorrow will be the first time running my 13.5 system at the track and guaranty my laptop will be coming with to make the adjustments .
Old 09-06-2009, 09:44 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wheelhaus
I agree, awesome ESC (RS Pro). The ability to make adjustments directly on the ESC (no PC connection) is the best I've ever seen, its quick and very easy. You get more resolution and more adjustments with the Hotwire.

but...

I personally think the Hotwire GUI sucks, I really dislike overly graphic interfaces (if it can be disabled, someone please let me know how!) It reminds me of the horrid "skins" for Winamp and Windows Media Player, and some other software like from PC hardware manufacturers.

Give me a standard, reliable program window with standard Windows-style fields, sliders, and tickboxes, and I'd be very happy. With the Hotwire GUI I get graphics artifacts and the sliders and tick boxes are buggy and sometimes don't respond. Oh, and you have to click on them juuuust right to get them to move. It sort of gets the job done, but, meh.

If Tekin made the GUI layout as a standard "Windows" style window, I'd give the entire package a 11/10.
I agree. There was some talk about using the PDF setup sheet as an optional interface, a much better solution in my opinion.
Old 09-06-2009, 09:56 PM
Tech Champion

I just received the 200 from Randy .

Question - how do I change the file extension from .txt to .zip ?
Old 09-07-2009, 06:43 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Mac The Knife
To update the RS, you will need the Hotwire, and you can download the latest public update from their website, which is Ver. 198. Version 200 is being passed out by Randy Pike, you will have to email him for it. The only major difference between 198, and 200 is the addition of the "Turbo" function,which adds more timing after a set amount of time at full throttle. It doesn't sound like they reccomend running turbo with anything below 10.5.
Thanks guys,

I've emailed Randy for the version 200 as i will be using one for 13.5 stock racing.
But does his Hotwire come with the deal or where do i get this program from.
Sorry for being abit thick just little bit just more than i know really lol
Old 09-07-2009, 06:46 AM
Tech Champion

You need to buy the Hotwire , it connects to the ESC and a USB port on your computer . http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXSXF3&P=ML

I downloaded the 198 version from Tekin`s site , but it comes with the Hotwire as well .
Old 09-07-2009, 06:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I have a rs pro 8.5 in my t4. It is the smoothest system I have ever used. There is plenty of power too.

Make sure you get the hotwire like other mentioned. Its worth it
Old 09-07-2009, 06:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Briguy
I just received the 200 from Randy .

Question - how do I change the file extension from .txt to .zip ?
Right click on the file and choose rename. Then change the .txt to .zip (hit the right arrow then back space off the txt part) and then hit enter.

Now right click on the newly renamed file and choose extract. Accept all the defaults in the wizard and it will extract the files to the same location the zip file is (ie if the file is on the desktop the extracted files will be placed on the desktop).

Once extracted you can double click on the new folder then double click on the setup file (exe).

Oh, make SURE to uninstall the old software BEFORE installing the new stuff.

Hope this helps,

Chris

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.