R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 09-04-2009, 12:57 PM   #46
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 240 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakmazter View Post
I have a really stupid question/comment.

Looking at the new narrow car pictures, I am intrigued. As soon as they start making bodies for them, all a person would have to do is take the side guards off a caster and throw them away and buy the new narrow body. It isn't like they (side guards) are there for anything other than to support the wide body.

The truggies used to not even come with side guards whether they were nitro or electric.

As for the Caster, the pro kits are as tough or tougher than anything out there. They have revised steering links and there will be new bodies available soon to match the nitro 1.5s.
From what I recall, the Hyper 9E is narrower than the chassis plate of the Caster Fusion. If I can get in touch with my buddy who has the Fusion pro, I'll confirm for sure. Or, if someone can just give me the width at the widest point of the chassis I can measure mine and we can compare.

I think the stone guards do serve a purpose to help keep the inside clean on muddy tracks. to compensate for this, vehicles like the Hyper 9E should have bodies made that have a lip that sits under the raised portion of the chassis. I shot JConcepts a message about this to see if they could make a Hyper 9E specific body.
Old 09-05-2009, 11:51 AM   #47
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

A hyper 9E specific body would be great. I would definitely be up for a 2! Let us know if you get a positive reply.
thomatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 05:57 PM   #48
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Thumbs up CASTER FUSION

Caster Fusions took 1 and 2 at my local track today.
www.medinarcraceway.com

ARCS Hobbies / Paint Monster Airbrushing / BFast / Tonys Screws
badassrevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 08:43 PM   #49
Tech Elite

Default CASTER FUSION

Caster took 1st place at www.havefunhobbies.com today.

http://www.havefunhobbies.com/6SEPT0...in_Race_5.html

Old 09-07-2009, 08:40 AM   #50
Tech Elite

Caster Fusion wins beat Cavaileiri and Truhe in the Dash for Cash race.
http://sites.google.com/site/riverfr...rday-shootout-

Last edited by badassrevo; 09-07-2009 at 01:19 PM.
Old 09-07-2009, 08:49 AM   #51
-J-
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by badassrevo View Post
Caster Fusion wins beat Cavaileiri and Truhe
You can stop advertising. You've made your point.
Old 09-07-2009, 10:37 AM   #52
Tech Legend

Quote:
Caster Fusion wins beat Cavaileiri and Truhe
Did they run in 1/8 Electric buggy ?
Old 09-07-2009, 11:01 AM   #53
Tech Elite

It was the Dash for Cash for race. They were combined, Electric and Nitro.

Last edited by badassrevo; 09-07-2009 at 01:23 PM.
Old 09-07-2009, 11:53 AM   #54
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Which is really quite relevant since we now discuss brushless buggies. Appels and oranges...
thomatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 12:25 PM   #55
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

So i click on the link and it shows Cav as TQ and winner. Badass all you are doing is ruining the reputation of Caster.
Anybody here running the RC8E, not the conversion but the kit. Anything that absolutely need to be upgraded?
Old 09-07-2009, 12:53 PM   #56
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by -J- View Post
You can stop advertising. You've made your point.
+1

The caster is surely a good car, but it's not God's divine car...
the thing I like about 1/8 (IC... for now) is that in every high-profile event there are many different chassis and motors on the first places...

it means that there aren't motors or chassis hugely better than the others... you can win (and lose) with almost anything.
SwisströM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 01:52 PM   #57
Tech Legend

Quote:
It was the Dash for Cash for race. They were combined, Electric and Nitro.
do you know if they ran there electric vehicles in the dash for cash race or there nitros?
Old 09-07-2009, 09:47 PM   #58
Tech Elite

The dash for cash is sort of a run what you brung fun race. Jonathan did win it. He ended up 3rd in electric 1/8 scale and 5th in the b main using Becki Des Jardin's buggy that he had never seen before that day.

Badassrevo is a Caster team driver who I believe is just trying to prove the point that the product is competitive at even a national level whereas a few years ago, it was unheard of and impossible to achieve. He is proud of the accomplishment of a fellow driver.

It is cool to watch the dash for cash video. I wish we had an announcer like that to make racing fun and exciting. Besides, how many people here have beaten pro level drivers like Truhe, Vik and Cavalieri? I would assume not very many and it is a BIG accomplishment whether Jonathan Hernandez was driving a Caster or if he was driving a Losi or Xray.
Semi-Retired from this industry at this time.
hakmazter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 12:12 AM   #59
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default ...

losi eight is the best 1/8 buggy for me.
eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 08:46 PM   #60
Tech Initiate

Howdy all,

I myself had done much research into picking out the "just right" electric 1/8th Buggy, I finally decided on the Hyper 9e as did Cain, we both got our Buggies about the same time. I chose the Tekin RX8 Combo 2000kv Truggy Motor (Longer Can = better cooling) with plenty of torque. 5000 mah Turnigy/Flightmax Lipos from HobbyKing and a Hitec 7955 Servo, Spektrum DX3R DSM 2 Radio/Reciever. A perfect setup in my opinion. The Hyper 9e is very well balanced, handles like a dream. But as I and a few others have discovered is the front end issues. The Front CVA Dogbones on stock bend very easily, due to lower front A-Arms, and dogbones slightly too long, will bend at outdrive cups. OFNA came up with a fix, new lower A-Arms, and stronger dogbones. After ordering and installing these "new and improved" parts, after less than two batteries, the new dogbones are already slightly bent on both sides in very same area. Now, don't get me wrong, there are only slightly bent, not very badly bent like the originals. But still bent.... I absolutely love this Buggy, but bothers me that this has happened again on new parts. I am no expert driver, but do not bash, nor have had terrible endos, crashing into walls, etc. Just practicing on a clay track. So not sure of what to do about this other than wait on a 2.0 version of the 9e where this is addressed, and hopefully the parts will work on my 9e without having to buy a new chassis, etc. Cain has been an excellent poster on the Hyper 9e, and has tried to help many of us out. But in my opinion, wait on a permanent fix before you purchase, the handling characteristics of the Hyper 9e will addict you right away, and with the right driver would and could put up alot of wins for OFNA, but OFNA needs to address the weaknesses of this platform for just us "regular" drivers out here who spend our hard earned cash, and don't have a box full of front end parts to replace after a day of practice, bashing, whatever. But again, for a very experienced driver would absolutely love this Buggy. I myself have been looking very seriously at a Caster Fusion Pro Truggy, due to price, and from what I have researched, durability. I want to be able to spend my rare days off able to run through all 6 of my Lipos without having to pack it up after not finishing one. I would get an OFNA Jammin' X2 CRT, but, this is a Nitro Truggy, and would cost me another 200 bucks to get a conversion. The HPI Vorza also intrigues me, but are not available as yet that I am aware of. The one worry about the Caster Fusion is the Saddle Pack setup. I have 4S 14.8 volt Lipos. So I would need to break open the wallet again to get 2S 7.4 packs, that would actually fit the saddles on the Caster, I am not sure of the size of the Caster Battery Trays. That is my 2 cents guys, so BaddAssedRevo, and the other Caster fans, keep on posting, some of us will listen. If anyone has some opinions on the HPI Vorza, pop off like you have a pair, and give some insight on this platform. Thanks all, God bless, and have a good one.
T-Bone Racing Skids
Parrotman is offline   Reply With Quote