What do you think about those B4s.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What do you think about those B4s.

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 09:34 AM
Tech Adept

Default What do you think about those B4s.

I am looking at getting a B4 so what do you think about them like about durability and performance.
Old 08-29-2009, 09:45 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

They are strictly a racer. If you try and bash it you'll be buying more parts than you could think of. Its a proven racers and is very capable. Its racing durability is good. If your planning on racing I say go for this, some go for the xxxcr though.
I am a losi guy but I'm not going to buy a xxxcr to ru in the buggy class. The b4 is head and shoulders above the losi counter part. Overall:
Racing:Awesome
Bashing:Not what it was designed for(it was built for racing).
Old 08-29-2009, 10:02 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TRXRustler33
I am looking at getting a B4 so what do you think about them like about durability and performance.
Mine was a good racer, and everyonce in a while played around with at the house. Performance and handling was great, durability- really good for a racer. I have one for sale: http://www.rctech.net/forum/6261298-post5042.html

I had a friend that had a Castle Combo in his B4 and used it as his basher and it seemed fine most of the time
Old 08-29-2009, 11:15 AM
Tech Adept

Right now i am strictly bashin and i want to start racing next year and i want a racer and right now i have a Slash and that is what i use to bash but i was talking to my brother-in-law and he said when you have a buggy once you crash on the nose or roll you break shock towers a lot so he mentioned a T4 because i already have a XXX4 and they are fully covered and i really like the associated trucks.
Old 08-29-2009, 11:36 AM
Tech Adept

Right now i am strictly bashin and i want to start racing next year and i want a racer and right now i have a Slash and that is what i use to bash but i was talking to my brother-in-law and he said when you have a buggy once you crash on the nose or roll you break shock towers a lot so he mentioned a T4 because i already have a XXX4 and they are fully covered and i really like the associated trucks.
I have had my B4 for a while and not once have broke a front shock tower. Even a rear now that I think about it. Front arms break most often but they take big hits. The B4 is really durable as far as buggy's go. The XXX4 is 4WD, the B4 and T4 are 2WD. I think any 2WD class would be better for new racer.

I see you think Velenion VXL Speed controls are the best, I took that esc and velenion motor and ran it in my B4 after I got a Kyosho. I raced it with that combo twice and kicked a$$!
Old 08-29-2009, 12:15 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

go for the b4 if ur a beginner cause theyre easy to drive and control. plus lots of parts and easy to dialed for racing im a beginner in buggy but i kicked ass in the race and more consistent even though i havent finish 1st im able to catch up on pros! then while u get good at it go get a better roller like the new kyosho buggy. if ur from olympia u should stop by at our shop and we are willing to help u out..
Old 08-29-2009, 12:35 PM
Tech Adept

I just have one question how good would it be if i put the Mamba Max speed control in it with the Velineon motor. Ive been in the sport for about 4 years but next year would be the first year of racing so i need all the help i can get.
Old 08-29-2009, 12:48 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default B4 is good choice for racing.

The B4 is an excellant choice for racing. Very durable and easy to setup. If you have never raced before I would recommned racing in the stock class and then the MM won't work. A good stock ESC and motor is GTB and Phantom 17.5. Easy to setup and drive. If you do decide to race with MM make sure you have the lastest filmware installed on the ESC it and use the 5700 motor. Good Luck
Old 08-29-2009, 05:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I agree, the B4 is an good choice. If you get the RTR model I believe the plastics are a little more durable than the kits you build yourself. I've ran Losi and Associated over the last few years, and the B4 is the best I've ran so far. Getting parts is so easy, and you'll never have to worry about finding them like some other brands who seem to change models every 2 years.
As far as going brushless, the mamba is a great choice and will run the Velineon motor with no problem. The Velineon is a 3300kv motor, that is close to a 13.5, or good 19t brushed. I'd drop down 4-5 teeth on the pinion from stock 27t brushed motor, and just keep an eye on motor temps every couple of minutes.
Old 08-29-2009, 06:54 PM
Tech Adept

I just have one question how good would it be if i put the Mamba Max speed control in it with the Velineon motor. Ive been in the sport for about 4 years but next year would be the first year of racing so i need all the help i can get.
That would be a good combo for the Mod Buggy class, but you might want to start out in stock buggy with a 17.5 brushless motor. I recomend a LRP 17.5.
Old 08-29-2009, 11:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

B4 is the way to go it handles great, is easy to drive, parts are everywhere.....I don't know what you guys are talking about though, I broke the front shock tower just last week....ran the whole buggy over with my truck. Not an RC truck a Chevy truck (long story) only thing broken was the front shock tower. I bought a new one at the track I was at, swapped it out won my heat and won the main running 43 laps of dirt oval.
Old 08-29-2009, 11:48 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by slash_abuser
That would be a good combo for the Mod Buggy class, but you might want to start out in stock buggy with a 17.5 brushless motor. I recomend a LRP 17.5.
LRP is a good setup but i would recommend a Tekin 13.5 setup cause you can do a lot of stuff on the Speed Control with hotwire you also have boost and lots of control and modification compare to LRP. and for room Tekin got a small speed Control and theyre light and durable. check out teamtekin.com. oh also 13.5 is also stock class so its not too hard to catch up if ur beginner. im a beginner my self but more consistent driving and more practice will help you out alot
Old 08-30-2009, 04:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

AE shocks are horrible. Keep the o-rings fresh. The shocks are a pain in the a@# and may blow out from time to time. Great racer. I owned one a few years back, but after owning a RB5 and now a GV2. I won't go back. The latter two just handle better for me IMO.
Old 08-30-2009, 05:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kwiksi
AE shocks are horrible. Keep the o-rings fresh. The shocks are a pain in the a@# and may blow out from time to time. Great racer. I owned one a few years back, but after owning a RB5 and now a GV2. I won't go back. The latter two just handle better for me IMO.
i have no problems with my AE shocks...BUT the kyoshos are 100% better i want to buy some kyosho shock for my t4 sometime...they are soooo super smooth
Old 08-30-2009, 06:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Thumbs up

I put a MM 5700 in my b4 and couldn't drive it, uncontrolable, put a novak esc and 13.5 and know a 8.5 and it drives perfect.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.