Wiki Posts
Search

THE FIRST ROAR 1/8 ELECTRIC CHAMPIONSHIPS AT REVELATION RACEWAY

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 09:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blade329
Trust me, it's always about THEM! At least in their minds.
Yeah you're right.....
Old 10-04-2009, 09:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

Why doesnt ROAR just use these classes...

Roar class
Open Buggy and Pro Buggy
Open Truggy and Pro Truggy

Demo Class:

Open Buggy and Pro Buggy
Old 10-04-2009, 09:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Better yet, just allow soft case batteries.
Old 10-04-2009, 09:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by warpig
Better yet, just allow soft case batteries.
+1 but that contradicts the current roar rules.
Old 10-05-2009, 05:50 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by lbckevin
Why doesnt ROAR just use these classes...

Roar class
Open Buggy and Pro Buggy

Demo Class:

Open Buggy and Pro Buggy
That sounds good, but again there is no official ROAR Truggy Electric class, only buggy.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by blade329
+1. I totally agree. I'm just out there having fun with no aspirations to be a "pro" driver. I don't want or care to drive with them. I want to drive with drivers of similar skill.
That is what re-sorts (or even pre-sorts) are for. Passing and getting passed are just parts of racing and what competing is about. Otherwise we would just be bashing around a track no? It's only qualifying as well. Again, all the different mains put people of similar skill together to race in the end.

But hey if a lot of people are like that then you still only need an Amateur and Expert/Pro division of the classes. That or have a box to tick on the entry to say if you are Beginner, Intermediate or Expert so they can pre-sort the heats at least.

I don't understand the differences between Beginner, Novice and Amateur? How do you tell? They all sound like the same class to me.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (98%+)

Originally Posted by johnnyboy
That is what re-sorts (or even pre-sorts) are for. Passing and getting passed are just parts of racing and what competing is about. Otherwise we would just be bashing around a track no? It's only qualifying as well. Again, all the different mains put people of similar skill together to race in the end.

But hey if a lot of people are like that then you still only need an Amateur and Expert/Pro division of the classes. That or have a box to tick on the entry to say if you are Beginner, Intermediate or Expert so they can pre-sort the heats at least.

I don't understand the differences between Beginner, Novice and Amateur? How do you tell? They all sound like the same class to me.
if this is for a championship it should be all classes combined. If you are going to a championship race you shuldnt have a beginner/ novice class. They dont do it for gas nats and they shouldnt do it for electric. if you feel like you can compete then compete in a open level. Dont expect that you should be in the "a" main in beginner and there should be a class for you. Take your licks and learn.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Having that many classes is retarded. There should be PRO and SPORTSMAN. That's it... heck, I would even say just run 'em all and to heck with sportsman. One big class. if the race is truly a championship, there shouldn't be too many beginners showing up anyway.

All having a beginner class does is create sandbaggers imho. I rather race with people better than me anyway. All it does is make you step your game up and get better.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

With respect of sorting between the different classes I am partial to lumping them all together and resorting after heats. It does make a lot of extra work for the race director and most don't like to do it because it adds a sunstantial amount of time between rounds especially if there is a big turnout. There will be different classes for ROAR specifications and non-ROAR spec cars for batteries as well and since truggy has no rules at all they can lump them together without bothering with the battery specs.

Believe me, the faster drivers will make it to the top.
Old 10-05-2009, 10:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by micrors4guy
if this is for a championship it should be all classes combined. If you are going to a championship race you shuldnt have a beginner/ novice class. They dont do it for gas nats and they shouldnt do it for electric. if you feel like you can compete then compete in a open level. Dont expect that you should be in the "a" main in beginner and there should be a class for you. Take your licks and learn.
Beginner/Novice doesnt meen that you will be picking up a control for the firsttime that day. To me, it meens that you are new to racing. I have been running buggy, truggy, and my LST2 at Revo for over a year now at least 2 times a month, but because I have never "raced" there it makes me a Novice/Beginner. I'm fine with that.

Yes getting passed and lapped is part of racing, and trust me I dont care if I do. Just dont crash in to me from behind and bust my car or cause me my qual. spot!! Barelling through people isnt part of racing. The attitude of the nitro heads at Revo is what made me decide to convert to electric and try and race with a more relaxed crowd.

Since this track is home to a lot of Pros. and I have seen Drake, Rhonda, Truh, Tebo, practicing at the track and is the testing ground for OFNA, Losi, and Kyosho and even AE, to me, guys who run there seem to think they have much to prove and seem to forget why they are there. To have fun No need to be an ass to get a sponsership!!

Last edited by losifiend; 10-05-2009 at 10:19 AM.
Old 10-05-2009, 10:41 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Originally Posted by micrors4guy
.....Take your licks and learn.
These guys take all the fun out of this hobby.
Old 10-05-2009, 10:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I think their should always be a novice class... always.
Old 10-05-2009, 11:34 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by warpig
I think their should always be a novice class... always.
yes....at club races, not a national.
Old 10-05-2009, 11:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

The problem with novice classes is you get people who stay novices forever.

IMHO, you only get faster racing people who are much better than you.

When I raced BMX, we literally had "pro" novices... guys who should have been racing expert, but they race novice all year so they can win a national title in the novice class knowing damn well they are really at the expert level. They aren't at the top of the expert class by any means, but good enough to be called an expert and probably would do ok racing agaisnt the seasoned expert racers.
Old 10-05-2009, 11:55 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Howard
yes....at club races, not a national.
Why not. This isn't freakin NASCAR, although some guys out there think it is. Especially with 1/8th scale being still new, they don't have quite the turnouts yet. Having the beginner/amatuer class is a good way to get more participation.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.