Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Just Getting Started >

Just Getting Started

Just Getting Started

Old 08-19-2009, 03:02 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Just Getting Started

Hey I am hoping I could get a little help from some one. I have been slowly rebuilding a RC car that I had when I was last over seas three years ago. It is a old Traxxas Stampede and i am looking to put a new motor and ESC in it. I am looking to put a Velineon 3500 Brushless Motor w/ VXL-3s ESC in to it and replace my steering servo with the Traxxas Waterproof Digital Servo which has a rating of 125 oz-in torque and Transit time 0.17 sec/60. Any advice would be great. thanks.
Old 08-19-2009, 03:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevinrstucker View Post
Hey I am hoping I could get a little help from some one. I have been slowly rebuilding a RC car that I had when I was last over seas three years ago. It is a old Traxxas Stampede and i am looking to put a new motor and ESC in it. I am looking to put a Velineon 3500 Brushless Motor w/ VXL-3s ESC in to it and replace my steering servo with the Traxxas Waterproof Digital Servo which has a rating of 125 oz-in torque and Transit time 0.17 sec/60. Any advice would be great. thanks.
i would also recommend a 2s lipo battery. With this you will get around 35-40 min of runtime. You will also need a charger that is capable of charging lipo batteries.
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXTCK1&P=FR
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXWSS0&P=FR
The vxl system is very powerful and especially on a nice lipo. The older style stampede is not built for that power so i would also recommend metal tranny gears (standard on the slash and rustler).
Old 08-19-2009, 03:21 PM
Tech Rookie

if it is too much power then can you recommend one that would be good for me ... also i am limited to buying internet only with where i live
Old 08-19-2009, 06:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevinrstucker View Post
if it is too much power then can you recommend one that would be good for me ... also i am limited to buying internet only with where i live
i recommend a 3s but this one is a little bit too far out of your range because with the right gearing ratio then this can go 65+ so maybe but the second one is perfect a 2s which will give you plenty of speed and power probably 50+ and maybe 35+ minutes of runtime
3s-http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXTET3&P=ML
2s-http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXVDB7&P=7
Old 08-19-2009, 09:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

If you are doing any racing on a dirt course it will be way too powerful. If you want to bash then it sounds good to me!
Old 08-19-2009, 09:41 PM
Tech Rookie

I really do not plan on doing races i am doing this so that i can just have fun with my girlfriends lil brother and hopefully get him in to rc cars i just remember the fun i had with this thing in kosovo and every where else it has been. so that being said think the steering servo is ok with the motor and esc i was looking at?