Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
what 1/10 stadium truck should i get?!?!? >

what 1/10 stadium truck should i get?!?!?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

what 1/10 stadium truck should i get?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 08:50 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default what 1/10 stadium truck should i get?!?!?

ok...i'm taking a step past corr to stadium trucks....and i need to knwo which one to get! i've tried looking for soem direct comparison's....but there so hard to find in all the threads on here.

so...which one?
AE, Losi, Kyosho, Academy?!?!?

I've had 2 t4's...but never raced them, just kinda messed around with them. one was a kit and the other a FT. They were nice...but if you even sneezed on them...you broke and a-arm! and i've only had AE and traxxas stuff...so i KINDA wanna look at some other options....but, really, i just want the easiest drive and complete a race with!

any applicable mod advise would be appreciated as well
Old 08-19-2009, 08:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

rustler vxl
Old 08-19-2009, 08:55 AM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Don't listen to the Traxxas fanboi....

I'd get either the Kyosho RT5 or FT T4. Unless there is good support for the Academy where ever you are racing, I wouldn't bother with it. Its a good truck though. The Losi is a bit dated compared to the rest. The Kyosho is the most expensive, but it is the highest quality car.
Old 08-19-2009, 08:56 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

The new kyosho truck looks really nice. I have driven one for a couple of laps and it is one nice rig but you pay for it. They are on the pricey side.

The Losi XXX-TCR i a great handing truck that IMO is more durable then the AE trucks. Losi parts are also cheaper and a little easier to find then Kyosho parts. With race type trucks they will break a little more often then your slash, but losi has done a great job of making the XXX-TCR a pretty durable truck. It is about $60 less then the RT5 as well. Branch out a little and try one of these two trucks. I think you would like either one.
Old 08-19-2009, 08:57 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by sLaSh It UPP
rustler vxl
god i hope you're joking
Old 08-19-2009, 08:57 AM
Dan
Tech Champion

Also, can't you fit GT2 arms on the T4? I've heard this was another option for T4 arm breakage. I could be wrong though.
Old 08-19-2009, 08:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

a bit dated? the losi is extremely durable and makes a great truck. they are smooth and very high quality. setup may not be the easiest or the diffs. but forgetting that they are smooth and take a good beating.
Old 08-19-2009, 08:58 AM
Tech Addict

xxxt-cr is actually want some locals told me to look at.....and i'd like to move away from just a t4 since i've had 2....i wanna try out as many brands as i can before i decide which one is right for me.

what's the difference in an xxxt and a xxxt-cr? there's 2 dudes with xxxt rollers for fairly cheap i was looking at
Old 08-19-2009, 08:59 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Dan
Also, can't you fit GT2 arms on the T4? I've heard this was another option for T4 arm breakage. I could be wrong though.
haha...i broke the gt2 arms a lot....rpm's are the only ones i could get to last for me :-p
Old 08-19-2009, 09:03 AM
Dan
Tech Champion

What does your track carry the most parts for? I'd ultimately go with whatever is supported best.

Geez, I guess the T4's are really like glass.
Old 08-19-2009, 09:04 AM
Tech Addict

neither of my local tracks have a hobby store attached.....the only thing KINDA close to me is a hobby town lol....so traxxas :-p

but i race at carolinasrc so they have a TON of everything in stock...a whole wall of both Losi and AE. and kyosho, mugen, and some others
Old 08-19-2009, 09:05 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

The TCR has a longer chassis then the T or MF2 trucks. They also use alum rear hubs with verticle ball studs and quick change rear hubs which is just a neat feature as it saves time and energy in changing the rear tires and you only need one rim for front or rear with the TCR. If you have an MF2 they sell adapters to use the QC style rims and then you need to change out the front axles as well. The TCR also has the Variable length arms (VLA) that were introduced from the MF2 trucks.

The XXX-T trucks will still work great though and you can upgrade to a T-CR over time if you choose.

To say the losi design is outdated? I don't see any true innovation in the FT or the RT5. Everyone is just refining the same basic design. X-factory is the only one that is drastically different.

Losi's CR diffs last a long time when setup properly. (all ball diffs will fail if the slipper is not set looser then the diff)

Losi shocks are also better then AE IMO. They last a LOT longer between rebuilds.
Old 08-19-2009, 09:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GSRswapandslow
xxxt-cr is actually want some locals told me to look at.....and i'd like to move away from just a t4 since i've had 2....i wanna try out as many brands as i can before i decide which one is right for me.

what's the difference in an xxxt and a xxxt-cr? there's 2 dudes with xxxt rollers for fairly cheap i was looking at
the difference between them is the xxx-t cr and the xxx-t graphite trucks is one is ea3 and the other is graphite. the ea3 breaks a little easier i have noticed. i never broke 1 graphite part on my truck. the a arms are like bricks. they wont break easily. the quick change rear hubs on the xxx-t cr are a bit heavier and it is easy to break the outer ballstud on the carrier. that can be a bit of a pain. the ea3 flexxes making it a bit more forgiving and the graphite trucks dont flex and are a bit lighter too.
Old 08-19-2009, 09:08 AM
Dan
Tech Champion

I take my comment back about it being outdated. I was thinking of the XXX-T and had forgotten the CR had quite a bit of updates. With that said, the only stadium trucks that race here are pretty much all T4's. The RT5 should change all that though.
Old 08-19-2009, 09:18 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Both the T4 and XXXT-cr are excellent trucks.
its all about set up and driving skills stadium truck
is not Corr racing . If you race sloppy and land goofy
you pay for it I think the T4 has a little more support
for set ups for different tracks. The xxxt-cr thanks to Casper
has gotten a lot support on line now . I run losi XXXt-cr
and my xxxt and have no complaints for them . When I lose
to T4's at the track its because of my skills and setups not the
truck. Part price run about the same for both plus or minus
few dollars . The xxxt/cr differentials I run an entire season
on them in 17.5 stock its all about setup of them.

Dynodan22

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.