Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
I purchased this Kyosho Silicone diff Oil #30000 for my slash,but what weight is it? >

I purchased this Kyosho Silicone diff Oil #30000 for my slash,but what weight is it?

I purchased this Kyosho Silicone diff Oil #30000 for my slash,but what weight is it?

Old 08-18-2009, 02:03 PM
Tech Regular

Oh ok, thanks on the bump question!
Old 08-18-2009, 05:57 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr.Smooth View Post
Racer1812,
Do you recommend that I just run with the 30kwt from kyosho then. If i stay on top of it, clean it and refill and add as needed it will do the trick I need out of the turns? Also, do you think it will hold up for one race day of 3heats and 1 main with a 80 to 90 degree day?
You might get different opinions on this but here's mine. In my stock Slash I run the diff. about 80% full and as full as I can get it with my mod. Slash.(w/50k) The more you put in the stiffer the diff. action will be. IMO with 30k I would fill it as full as you can. I pull the spider gears out, fill it half way, put the spiders back in, spin the gears to work out traped air, fill it the rest of the way and put it back together. Honestly I ran my stock truck for about 30-40 races and when I opened it up the amount of fluid I lost wasn't worth putting any back in.
Teperature won't matter because it silicone, it's not affected by heat.

So yes , fill it with your 30k and you should be fine. You can always try thicker fluid later if you want.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:41 PM
Tech Regular

Hey thanks for the info. One last thing, to be honest, I am just getting back into this sport after leaving it when i was 16 and now 33, skills are coming back quick. Can you tell me what I can expect performance wise going from the stock grease to the 30k in your opinion?
Old 08-19-2009, 07:16 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Stock Slashes tend to "diff out" pretty bad mid to corner exit under power even with the stock motor. Thicker fluid helps even out the power to the rear wheels. With thicker fluid I'm able to get the truck to break loose and rotate and still get power to the ground because both tires are are "digging" instead of just the one. If you can drive you'll figure it out. If the diff. is too stiff you could wind up with an off power push, worse than they allready have, but I fix that with a tap of the breaks.
Tap the breaks, pitch it sideways, stab the gas, and hope those POS stock tires get a little grip

32 and been doings this off and on for 2/3 of my life.
Old 08-19-2009, 10:41 AM
Tech Regular

Hey man I appreciate all your help! If you are ever down in the chicago land area and lookin to do some racing we are a good group of guys www.dirtdawgsrc.com, though this sunday we are expecting 25 to 30 slashes for elburn days! Thanks again!