Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
venom fireball motors >

venom fireball motors

venom fireball motors

Old 08-12-2009, 06:45 PM
Tech Initiate

Default venom fireball motors

I have a friend who has a duratrax evader and got a 17 turn fireball and blew it up and did the same with the second one.He is a bad driver and doesnt break in his motors . Is that why he keeps blowing them? I want to get a fireball after the motor in my rustler dies... is it really a good motor and hes just reckless or is it a bad one. Should i get it?
Old 08-12-2009, 06:54 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I was running a Venom 17T Modified (might of even been a 15t can't remember now) and I had no dramas with it at all, much better than the stock motor What do you mean blow up? In other words it isn't working? Im tempted to give this motor a go http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXJAK3&P=7
Old 08-12-2009, 07:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

i have a 17t in my indy car and havnt had a problem out of it in almost a year
Old 08-12-2009, 08:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I find it hard to believe he blew it up. He must have it geared to the moon. Check his gearing
Old 08-12-2009, 10:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

It's a hit or miss from Venom. My 12T didn't even want to spin freely unless I gave it an extra push.

No amount of cutting the comm and rebuilding it helped...

If you have to buy another one, I'd buy a cheapie Orion SV2 motor. They are wonderful. I've owned about three of them and none of them failed...

It might've blown up because of binding issue... No gearing can solve that if unnecessary loading is present in the motor itself...

My ultimate opinion is go brushless. Brushed motors are just a lot of headache. This is just an opinion from someone who doesn't like to cut their comm. If you enjoy that sort of thing, brushed is ok...

Old 08-13-2009, 07:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

the venom motors are junk they work one second and stop or smoke the next
Old 08-13-2009, 07:20 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

Originally Posted by AE_SC_Racing View Post
I was running a Venom 17T Modified (might of even been a 15t can't remember now) and I had no dramas with it at all, much better than the stock motor What do you mean blow up? In other words it isn't working? Im tempted to give this motor a go http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXJAK3&P=7
+1 I liked mine a lot. Very fast and great for racing. I would always have things to worry about on the drivers stand but my motor wasn't one of them when the venom was in there...now I have brushless so I have even less to worry about