Brushless motor

Old 08-03-2009, 08:58 PM
Tech Regular

Default Brushless motor

What do yall think of this brushless motor that is very cheap (price wise).
Has anyone ever owned one. It is cheap because hobby city has a guarantee that says if you find it cheaper they will lower their price.
All the review are good but im thinking about getting it. here is the link

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...ess_Motor_(FIN)
Old 08-03-2009, 09:04 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hmmm, it looks sensorless and probably not a good deal. Like anything else, you normally get what you pay for and this applies to RC as well. If I were you, I'd save my money or possibly pick up a used Novak, Tekin, LRP, Trinity or Speed Passion motor. Check out the for sale thread on this website. Also, 2400 KV is a pretty mild motor. What kind of vehicle are you using this motor in? Do you intend to race?
Old 08-03-2009, 09:11 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by richard.bratton View Post
Hmmm, it looks sensorless and probably not a good deal. Like anything else, you normally get what you pay for and this applies to RC as well. If I were you, I'd save my money or possibly pick up a used Novak, Tekin, LRP, Trinity or Speed Passion motor. Check out the for sale thread on this website. Also, 2400 KV is a pretty mild motor. What kind of vehicle are you using this motor in? Do you intend to race?
I am using a 8 scale buggy and im not much of a racer, just hard bashing
Old 08-03-2009, 09:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by davidg01234 View Post
I am using a 8 scale buggy and im not much of a racer, just hard bashing
http://www.medusaproducts.com/motors/Motor-Main.htm
Old 08-03-2009, 09:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

That motor is pretty good, for a smaller car. Way too small for a 1/8th scale anything though. Keep looking at Hobbycity though, they have several motors that are great for larger scale buggys. Sensorless is fine by the way if you use a decent ESC. Usually faster on the top end and slightly more efficient.
Check out the combo systems they carry for your 1/8th. Very good performers.
Old 08-03-2009, 09:24 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by burnineyes View Post
That motor is pretty good, for a smaller car. Way too small for a 1/8th scale anything though. Keep looking at Hobbycity though, they have several motors that are great for larger scale buggys. Sensorless is fine by the way if you use a decent ESC. Usually faster on the top end and slightly more efficient.
Check out the combo systems they carry for your 1/8th. Very good performers.
Well then what is a good KV for 8 scale buggy. And wat is sensorless, i never knew what this meant
Old 08-03-2009, 09:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Look for something around 1500-2400Kv, but in a larger motor size.
Some motors use a sensor to determine the position of the rotor spinning inside the motor. Since the controller always knows the position of the rotor, it can operate the motor very smoothly from any speed, including a standstill. Sensorless motors have to send power to the motor and wait for feedback to determine where the rotor is positioned. Sometimes from a standstill they can jerk or buck back and forth if the rotor is in a bad position, until it gets rolling. Once the motor is spinning, the difference is very minimal, and you wouldnt likely notice. I prefer sensorless, as the software has them so smooth now that its never been an issue for me. Also price is a HUGE difference, sensored are much more expensive.
Old 08-03-2009, 09:41 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by burnineyes View Post
Look for something around 1500-2400Kv, but in a larger motor size.
Some motors use a sensor to determine the position of the rotor spinning inside the motor. Since the controller always knows the position of the rotor, it can operate the motor very smoothly from any speed, including a standstill. Sensorless motors have to send power to the motor and wait for feedback to determine where the rotor is positioned. Sometimes from a standstill they can jerk or buck back and forth if the rotor is in a bad position, until it gets rolling. Once the motor is spinning, the difference is very minimal, and you wouldnt likely notice. I prefer sensorless, as the software has them so smooth now that its never been an issue for me. Also price is a HUGE difference, sensored are much more expensive.
but i thought that is a good motor size, if not can you please look on that website: hobby city, and give me link to a good size one because im not sure which one is a good size, im new to electric. Also what is a water cooled motor that they have on there and how does it work (where does the water come from) and is it better than one that isint water cooled?
OH and which is better for 8 scale buggy: inrunner or outrunner?
Old 08-03-2009, 09:51 PM
Tech Master

but i thought that is a good motor size, if not can you please look on that website: hobby city, and give me link to a good size one because im not sure which one is a good size, im new to electric. Also what is a water cooled motor that they have on there and how does it work (where does the water come from) and is it better than one that isint water cooled?
Hobby king motors are not the best on the market. They are inefficient and will overheat all the time no matter what your gearing (you get what you pay for). They are pretty much re-badged feigao motors. The water cooled motors are for marine applications. Check out the link above that i posted, those are top notch motors that will last you very long and not give you a headache.
Old 08-03-2009, 09:56 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by snowboard094 View Post
Hobby king motors are not the best on the market. They are inefficient and will overheat all the time no matter what your gearing (you get what you pay for). They are pretty much re-badged feigao motors. The water cooled motors are for marine applications. Check out the link above that i posted, those are top notch motors that will last you very long and not give you a headache.
Have you owned one
Old 08-03-2009, 09:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

+1
Old 08-03-2009, 09:59 PM
Tech Master

Have you owned one
a hobby king motor?
Old 08-03-2009, 10:06 PM
Tech Regular

a hobby king motor?
yes
Old 08-03-2009, 10:15 PM
Tech Master

yes
no but i have a buddy who ran one in his 1/10th scale and had out of control temps no matter what gearing. Do you already have an esc?
Old 08-03-2009, 10:21 PM
Tech Regular

no but i have a buddy who ran one in his 1/10th scale and had out of control temps no matter what gearing. Do you already have an esc?
No i do not have one, is this a good motor for my 8 scale buggy

http://www.ewebcart.com/3806/cart?o=...p=cart;ac=view

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.