Brushless motor

Old 08-03-2009, 10:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by davidg01234 View Post
No i do not have one, is this a good motor for my 8 scale buggy

http://www.ewebcart.com/3806/cart?o=...p=cart;ac=view
that should be fine but i would call them before you make a purchase. The kv motor you get depends on alot of things like what batteries you run, gearing, what vehicle, etc....... And their are so many choices
Old 08-03-2009, 10:38 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by snowboard094 View Post
that should be fine but i would call them before you make a purchase. The kv motor you get depends on alot of things like what batteries you run, gearing, what vehicle, etc....... And their are so many choices
yes i know about all that already im gonna run either a 4s or MAYBE 5s lipo, i like alot of speed. What is a good ESC for this motor and why did you ask if i had a ESC already?
Old 08-03-2009, 10:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I own 4 motors of various sizes from Hobbycity/Hobbyking(same place). I can agree that they are not the best motors on the market, I have motors from Castle, Novak, Orion, Medusa, and Hobbycity. Castle motors have by far been the best I have seen as far as pure power and longevity. But for all out fun the Turnigy motors from HC cant be beat. They dont run hot if you get the right motor for your application, and I have several hours logged on a few of them without a glitch. Its the same argument I see all over the forums about Hobbycity batteries. I really am starting to think people just cant stand to see a cheaper product do well compared to the double and triple prices they paid, so they recall the one person they knew that had a little trouble with that product and trash it from there. I keep saying "maybe one of my Zippy Lipos or Turnigy motors will explode one day while blowing the doors off my friends cars with 5 times the money invested" but until that happens I say they are good products.

Anyways Ill see if I can get you a link if everyone has not scared you away yet.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:46 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by davidg01234 View Post
yes i know about all that already im gonna run either a 4s or MAYBE 5s lipo, i like alot of speed. What is a good ESC for this motor and why did you ask if i had a ESC already?
All the castle creation escs are good. I asked if you had an esc already because you could just get a combo like a MMM or tekin made for 1/8th applications.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:52 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by burnineyes View Post
I own 4 motors of various sizes from Hobbycity/Hobbyking(same place). I can agree that they are not the best motors on the market, I have motors from Castle, Novak, Orion, Medusa, and Hobbycity. Castle motors have by far been the best I have seen as far as pure power and longevity. But for all out fun the Turnigy motors from HC cant be beat. They dont run hot if you get the right motor for your application, and I have several hours logged on a few of them without a glitch. Its the same argument I see all over the forums about Hobbycity batteries. I really am starting to think people just cant stand to see a cheaper product do well compared to the double and triple prices they paid, so they recall the one person they knew that had a little trouble with that product and trash it from there. I keep saying "maybe one of my Zippy Lipos or Turnigy motors will explode one day while blowing the doors off my friends cars with 5 times the money invested" but until that happens I say they are good products.

Anyways Ill see if I can get you a link if everyone has not scared you away yet.
No it will take more than that this is just one person, but how has the HC motor held up for you? and is it cappable of fast speeds without having a problem. but please send me the link
Old 08-03-2009, 10:58 PM
Tech Elite

I cant get the link to work for me but check this out.
On the left side of HC website there is the categories.
Click on Motor/ESC/Prop Combos, then Motor/ESC combos, its the only one in there. You can see reviews that some people using this in monster trucks had some motor heat issues, but most of the reviews were great. Read thru all of them and then you will have a better idea if this is right for you.
This system is fast on 4 cell lipo, and stupid crazy fast on 5-6 cell lipo.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:01 PM
Tech Regular

I cant get the link to work for me but check this out.
On the left side of HC website there is the categories.
Click on Motor/ESC/Prop Combos, then Motor/ESC combos, its the only one in there. You can see reviews that some people using this in monster trucks had some motor heat issues, but most of the reviews were great. Read thru all of them and then you will have a better idea if this is right for you.
This system is fast on 4 cell lipo, and stupid crazy fast on 5-6 cell lipo.
Well i am just looking for a motor right now because i plan on buying the MMMv3 ESC for whatever motor i get (if it works)
Old 08-03-2009, 11:05 PM
Tech Elite

Hope I didnt mis-lead you, but I dont own this particular motor. I have 2 smaller motors from HC for my micro RCs, and 2 10th scale motors from them also. I have a Castle motor that is comparible to this, and a close friend has this exact combo. We both drive each others buggys and cant tell the difference. My other motors from them are all good. I run the crap out of them and they keep coming back for more.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:09 PM
Tech Regular

Hope I didnt mis-lead you, but I dont own this particular motor. I have 2 smaller motors from HC for my micro RCs, and 2 10th scale motors from them also. I have a Castle motor that is comparible to this, and a close friend has this exact combo. We both drive each others buggys and cant tell the difference. My other motors from them are all good. I run the crap out of them and they keep coming back for more.
No you didnt mislead me, you just answered my question but which is a good motor because that is all i need and what is better inrunner or outrunner?
Old 08-03-2009, 11:10 PM
Tech Master

Isn't power and longevity fun? Their isn't a big controversy about the quality of smc packs or thunderpower packs for a reason, they are made better. You don't see tons of threads started about how people's thunderpower lipos blew up. It seems like every 1 out of ten zippy packs are bad. But hell, for the price of one you can just buy another if one blows up on you. IMO you get what you pay for in the rc world. I am pretty sure that you can't blow the doors off your friends cars if they have a more expensive, better made setups. You can get a 1/8th scale turnigy motor but it won't even be close to the speed or quality of a mamba monster setup on the track or just bashing. Not to mention the great customer service.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:17 PM
Tech Regular

I cannot argue with anybody because i have yet to own a single electric car
Old 08-03-2009, 11:35 PM
Tech Elite

The motor included in that combo is really the only good choice they have for 1/8ths. They have other motors but they would likely be overworked.
Inrunner is the only choice you should look at. If you are going with a Castle ESC then you should get one of their motors to go with it. I agree that the Turnigy motors are not as good for 1/8th scale vehicles. But the combo I was referring to is actually a rebadged Hobbywing, which is a great product.

Snowboard:
Power and Longevity are almost what its all about. In my world price and value has alot to do with what I buy. I think that Castle makes the best products in the business, but I will still try other products. When I see something works good for me I will try it again or recommend it to someone. Many items from HC have treated me very well and others have seen that. Then some friends try the stuff and they all have good experiences as well. Im sure there has been a few nightmare stories about the products, but I am also sure I can find some of those stories elsewhere about other products. There are not many rumors about SMC or Thunderpower Lipos having problems because there is no one paying triple for similar products. Also consider the average person buying a high priced Lipo compared to the average person buying a cheap one, I think I know who is more likely to make a mistake or abuse them. Youre right though, I dont really blow the doors off my friends cars. I was exagerrating a bit. However I do usually outrun them, and they do have alot more invested. Im sure its not the product, but likely a different approach or skill level. But the point is that many items that seem to be much lower quality are actually very good for this hobby, and I think more people should try them.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:39 PM
Tech Regular

The motor included in that combo is really the only good choice they have for 1/8ths. They have other motors but they would likely be overworked.
Inrunner is the only choice you should look at. If you are going with a Castle ESC then you should get one of their motors to go with it. I agree that the Turnigy motors are not as good for 1/8th scale vehicles. But the combo I was referring to is actually a rebadged Hobbywing, which is a great product.

Snowboard:
Power and Longevity are almost what its all about. In my world price and value has alot to do with what I buy. I think that Castle makes the best products in the business, but I will still try other products. When I see something works good for me I will try it again or recommend it to someone. Many items from HC have treated me very well and others have seen that. Then some friends try the stuff and they all have good experiences as well. Im sure there has been a few nightmare stories about the products, but I am also sure I can find some of those stories elsewhere about other products. There are not many rumors about SMC or Thunderpower Lipos having problems because there is no one paying triple for similar products. Also consider the average person buying a high priced Lipo compared to the average person buying a cheap one, I think I know who is more likely to make a mistake or abuse them. Youre right though, I dont really blow the doors off my friends cars. I was exagerrating a bit. However I do usually outrun them, and they do have alot more invested. Im sure its not the product, but likely a different approach or skill level. But the point is that many items that seem to be much lower quality are actually very good for this hobby, and I think more people should try them.
Well if thats the case then i will probably just suck it up and get a MMM 2200kv motor
Old 08-03-2009, 11:43 PM
Tech Elite

That will be your best choice. I like HC products, but they dont have a standalone motor that can run like a Mamba.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:52 PM
Tech Regular

That will be your best choice. I like HC products, but they dont have a standalone motor that can run like a Mamba.
Well do you know how good that motor is in that combo because i found just a motor on ebay

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.