Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Jammin SCRT10 Thread >

Jammin SCRT10 Thread

Jammin SCRT10 Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 08:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Gtb was top of the line technology 2 years ago. The mmp and rs pro are top of the line technology every month or 2 when they release a software update.

I would never buy another esc that doesnt come with free software upgrades and support and regular release of software to add and refine features.

Both the castle and tekin ESCs offer that. Novak has fallen way behind the curve.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jhautz View Post
Gtb was top of the line technology 2 years ago. The mmp and rs pro are top of the line technology every month or 2 when they release a software update.

I would never buy another esc that doesnt come with free software upgrades and support and regular release of software to add and refine features.

Both the castle and tekin ESCs offer that.
A BIG X2!! Stick with something that can be updated easily. Not to mention the castle and tekin stuff is much newer technology(the hardware itself). The MMP has been working flawlessly for me, not to mention my MMM and sidewinder, which also work flawlessly. I like castle!
Old 02-09-2010, 09:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I have an SCRT 10 on order. What Mamba motors are you using?? or what do you suggest?? I am leaning toward Mamba or Tekin. Thanks!!
Does the 4600kv have enough push??
Old 02-09-2010, 09:44 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by WhiteFoxAz View Post
I have an SCRT 10 on order. What Mamba motors are you using?? or what do you suggest?? I am leaning toward Mamba or Tekin. Thanks!!
Take a read through this thread. Most people are using the novak HV 4.5 or 5.5 motors. While a 540 can like the castle 4600 would be alright, they really aren't ideal in the SCRT-10.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WhiteFoxAz View Post
The 5700 is a better choice IMO, I have one in my Hyper if your interested.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Thanks! I have been reading along. I am fairly new to RC or I should say i have been away for 17 years!! Have a B4, B44 and Losi 2.0T MMM all purchased in the last 6 months. I appreciate the help!!
Old 02-09-2010, 10:05 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks guys, I've owned castle stuff for a while, but know nothing bout the novak. Looks like I'm going by way of the mmp. All I can find locally is the combo, and that comes wt the 9000 kv motor that a be bout a useless motor to me
Old 02-09-2010, 10:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

I bought a slash body, slash front offsets and pro line caliber tires.

I have a few newbie questions if you would please indulge me.

1. The slash body fitment isn't perfect...the front overhangs the bumper a bit and the rear completely covers the rear bumper...have you guys cut out some of the body so the bumpers are exposed?

2. The slash front offsets and pro line calibers are BIG! How are you guys fitting it with the stock body? Cutting out the body a lot more?

3. The slash body seems to look OK - but still will require some extra cutting for steering lock to lock. The front posts will fit OK, but the rears are in an odd place. Any help or tricks of the trade you could offer would be great.

Thanks (Nitro truggy guy here...so always seemingly simple)

I went with the Jammin but it seems really small next to a slash or blitz! I love it so far, just need some help getting it setup...

TIA

Brett in Socal.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by russp View Post
Thanks guys, I've owned castle stuff for a while, but know nothing bout the novak. Looks like I'm going by way of the mmp. All I can find locally is the combo, and that comes wt the 9000 kv motor that a be bout a useless motor to me
They are hard to find... Someone posted this earlier - http://www.gshobby.com/index.php?mai...ducts_id=18439

You can buy just the ESC

Originally Posted by Tron View Post
I bought a slash body, slash front offsets and pro line caliber tires.

I have a few newbie questions if you would please indulge me.

1. The slash body fitment isn't perfect...the front overhangs the bumper a bit and the rear completely covers the rear bumper...have you guys cut out some of the body so the bumpers are exposed?

2. The slash front offsets and pro line calibers are BIG! How are you guys fitting it with the stock body? Cutting out the body a lot more?

3. The slash body seems to look OK - but still will require some extra cutting for steering lock to lock. The front posts will fit OK, but the rears are in an odd place. Any help or tricks of the trade you could offer would be great.

Thanks (Nitro truggy guy here...so always seemingly simple)

I went with the Jammin but it seems really small next to a slash or blitz! I love it so far, just need some help getting it setup...

TIA

Brett in Socal.
If you use the stock Jammin body with the prolines you will have to trim the fenders up to get the wheels to not rub the fenders.

I have not seen a Slash body on one, but know the SC10 body fits with no over hang issues. Someone else might have some insight for ya on that.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:41 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Wheel offset

SaladFork,
You have both a Jammin and a Hyper listed in your sig. do you know if the offset of the Hyper wheels is comparable to Slash front,or to the Slash rear wheels?...Or somewhere in between?
Thanks
Larry
Old 02-09-2010, 11:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

Those that want to race I would HIGHLY recommend a SENSORED motor and ESC...I noticed a HUGE difference in control and everything...I feather the throttle and with a sensorless it has lots of lag/latency....I also got a nice deal on an HV PRO ESC...It is BIG but nice easy programming and seems to work nice...

WCRC tomorrow to see how it works...
Old 02-09-2010, 11:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Matt just got his home

post pics you doosh
Old 02-09-2010, 11:36 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by z50kgin View Post
Matt just got his home

post pics you doosh
Lol that's funny there...
What's up eric
Old 02-09-2010, 11:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SaladFork View Post
It's really good (not as much low end punch), but am going to swap it out for the HV 4.5... I just want less stress on the motor. I went to order the HV the other day when I saw it on Nitrohouse and bam they sold out.
Try giving them a call. When I spoke with NitroHouse today, they still had HV4.5's even though they were removed from web. Selling like hotcakes!
Old 02-10-2010, 12:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by marksp View Post
Try giving them a call. When I spoke with NitroHouse today, they still had HV4.5's even though they were removed from web. Selling like hotcakes!
Yes, definitely call Nitrohouse. Their internet stock accuracy is useless. I have ordered things from them that show "IN STOCK" on their website only to be burned by them, show up to pick the order up and be told "You JUST MISSED OUT and the previous internet order just got the last one"

And...the icing on the cake: by these times I had already missed the opportunity to get it elsewhere for the racing that night...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.