Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Jammin SCRT10 Thread >

Jammin SCRT10 Thread

Jammin SCRT10 Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 07:28 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)
Default Jammin arms on a Hyper 10?

Would the Jammin lower suspension arms fit on the Hyper 10?
Old 02-07-2010, 07:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

did anyone try taking the front sway bar off this weekend? im curious to hear how this worked w/ different track conditions.
Old 02-07-2010, 07:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Beadlock
no they're two totally diff. trucks.
Old 02-07-2010, 07:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I don't think so but can't say for sure. They are made by two different manufacturers so I doubt it.

Originally Posted by cbrociuos
did anyone try taking the front sway bar off this weekend? im curious to hear how this worked w/ different track conditions.
I took mine off, but the 20in of show and power out at the track kinda stopped me from testing it. And it was supposed to be a trophy race too! Thanks mother nature!
Old 02-07-2010, 07:52 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
I don't think so but can't say for sure. They are made by two different manufacturers so I doubt it.
Anyone have measurements? As long as they fit between the hingepin braces on the gearbox, it should work.....right?
Old 02-07-2010, 07:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY

I took mine off, but the 20in of show and power out at the track kinda stopped me from testing it. And it was supposed to be a trophy race too! Thanks mother nature!
ya rob posted on hobbytalk that you guys got like 30in or something. thats awsome, we only got a foot. sucks you guys lost power though.
Old 02-07-2010, 07:58 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thead73
hey shark looks good. i got the same exact setup MMP and hv4.5. please let me know how yours runs. i have one 5 min run on mine and MMP blew up(melted) on 2s with 11tooth pinion. nothing but probs over here. i sent ya a PM yesterday. it all started on bench test when 4.5 wont spin just made clicking noise. seemed ok after u got motor spinning when truck was moving. well i raced one 5 min heat yesterday and BOOM. let me know how u make out
Don't forget to take out the 10 degrees of default timing when using the MMPro w/HV4.5 (or any 2-pole motor).
Old 02-07-2010, 08:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Anyone have measurements? As long as they fit between the hingepin braces on the gearbox, it should work.....right?
Hyper arms are designed for pillow ball. Jammin is for C hub style steering. I seriuosly doubt that it's possible.
Old 02-07-2010, 09:32 AM
Tech Regular

Is anyone running an original Mamba Max in their truck? What are the differences in the Original Mamba Max and the Mamba Max Pro? Will the Mamba Max handle running an HV series motor?
Old 02-07-2010, 09:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by knucklehead
Is anyone running an original Mamba Max in their truck? What are the differences in the Original Mamba Max and the Mamba Max Pro? Will the Mamba Max handle running an HV series motor?
I think you cant run sensored motors on the mamba max
Old 02-07-2010, 09:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by portyansky
I think you cant run sensored motors on the mamba max
You can run sensored motors with the max, but you won't get the advantage of the sensors because the max doesn't have a sensor port or sensor programming.

So to answer the original question, yes you can use the max with the HV but it won't be as smooth, and you won't benefit from the sensors. I would get the pro if you are buying one. If you already have the max, you can probably make it work.
Old 02-07-2010, 11:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Originally Posted by warpig
Let us know! This would be a big help!
Well, in short, with the limited time I had to try all of the different things I wanted to the rear shock/tower mod works good.

It gave the truck a lot of down travel and allowed me to actually use the droop screws to be able to tune with them. They also did a better job of soaking up the large doubles and flat landings.

I ended up with 600 in front with #2 2 hole pistons and 500 in the rear with #2 2hole pistons. White springs all the way around.

I have previously tried taking the sway bar off and didn't really care for it. I tried it again just to try it with this set up and also didn't like it. The front dumps over too much allowing it to "3 wheel" and diff out in the rear making it difficult to stay consistent from corner to corner.

I'm also testing motors on 2s and have found a 550 size that was waaaaayyyy too much power. But with a little speedo programming to tame the power, this motor makes the Novak HV look like a 17.5

Details coming soon.
Old 02-07-2010, 11:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

sounds good keep us posted
Old 02-07-2010, 12:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by marksp
Don't forget to take out the 10 degrees of default timing when using the MMPro w/HV4.5 (or any 2-pole motor).
the MMP was brand new and runnin on factory defaults (smart sense mode) i think the only mode u can adjust timing is in sensored only mode by using the CHEAT feature which i wasnt in. i had the sensor wire plugged in to MMP so i think timing isnt adjustable like it is on a unsensored motor . MMP is fried castle link doesnt even work.
Old 02-07-2010, 12:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thead73
the MMP was brand new and runnin on factory defaults (smart sense mode) i think the only mode u can adjust timing is in sensored only mode by using the CHEAT feature which i wasnt in. i had the sensor wire plugged in to MMP so i think timing isnt adjustable like it is on a unsensored motor . MMP is fried castle link doesnt even work.
Castle's default motor timing setting is 10 degrees. For Novak motors, decrease this to "lowest" which is zero degrees. This is a seperate setting from motor type "Smart Sense Brushless" - default and CHEAT (Timing Boost Amount) - 0 degrees (default).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.