Wiki Posts
Search

Jammin SCRT10 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 07:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Originally Posted by BuggyKing
Lemme ask you guys. How do you like the handling of the Jammin truck. I was thinkin getting back in SC, cause there is great comp at my local track. Thx guys in advance for the info.
All BS aside, it handles really well right out of the box.

If you are going to race, obviously you are going to want to change some things to squeeze every bit of lap time you can out of it.

Chad, Jay and I race ours with bone stock parts. No CNC parts or special plastics or anything of the sort.

In saying the above, I want to say that I will be trying some alternative set ups in the next few weeks. So if pictures end up on the net I don't want people to think I'm jackin' with them posting what I said above.
Old 02-03-2010, 07:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

i think the jammin works great! ive yet to see a hyper @ any of our tracks. when compaired to the slash it looks more settled and planted everywhere on the track. the slash has more steering, but forward bite is lacking. they both seem to be very good track cars. its going to come down to setup and driving ability. most cars @ our tracks are slashes, so far. i think its because there is nowhere local to get parts for ofna/jammin. i can honestly say ive yet to get beat by a slash that wasnt being wheeled by a better driver, and ive beat some better drivers than myself that were wheeling a slash. i think if some of the people who are beating me (there's not that many) had a jammin it might be ugly for me. we are starting to see some of our best local 1/8 drivers moving to 4wd corr atleast till outdoor season starts. you wont go wrong spending your money on a jammin. great truck, very tough.
Old 02-03-2010, 10:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thead73
i just got my new scrt together and painted. i put a mamba max pro and a hv 4.5. with 11 tooth pinion. i got it all finished and the motor coggs big time. i cant get truck to start to move. if i roll the truck a little its fine but it just cogs when starting from a stop. i have the 4.5 plugged into the sensor port on the mamba and i have the mamba set on defaults (smartsense). any one have this combo and how did u get it to work.
You may need to update the firmware on the mamba. I noticed a serious cogging issue with mine when I first set it up, but an update to the firmware solved all issues! If you don't already have a castle link, use the coupon included with the mamba for a free one. If you are already using the castle link software on your PC, make sure you download the latest version from the castle website to get the latest firmware sets. If everything else is correct, this should solve your problem.
Old 02-03-2010, 11:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Racecrafter
Bing Bing!! We have a winner! Yes sir it's Mod 1.

540? Only with stock tires.
Thanks, Jimmy!

I was hoping to run my Tekin RSPro and the 8.5 sensored motor. If it doesn't work out then it will get an RX8 with a T8 motor.
Old 02-03-2010, 11:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Anybody using a Mamba 5700? I have one just sittng and was hoping to use it in this truck when they get back in stock where im at? Our track is 40x90 so i could gear it low i would think.
Old 02-03-2010, 12:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ABBOTT
Anybody using a Mamba 5700? I have one just sittng and was hoping to use it in this truck when they get back in stock where im at? Our track is 40x90 so i could gear it low i would think.
i am, this was just covered. 1 or 2 pages back. they work great start w/ an 11t pinion temp often on first run. i have a heatsink and fan on motor, but i prob dont need them.
Old 02-03-2010, 12:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Thanks, am going back to read up now!
Old 02-03-2010, 12:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

I don't think the Tekin T8 will get you enough RPM to run with 2S lipo...

Also...are motors more apt to overheat on the first run? I got my Novak up to 180 after a 10 minute run on the second battery of it's life..so it may be trashed already.

Are motors more apt to get hot by using 1/2 throttle as opposed to winding it up frequently? I was setup Linear on the Novak for the throttle curve and EXP set to 0 on my transmitter...

I tend to wuss around a few laps when I am learning a new track and only use about 1/2 throttle while picking lines and learning the braking bumps, etc.
Old 02-03-2010, 01:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
You may need to update the firmware on the mamba. I noticed a serious cogging issue with mine when I first set it up, but an update to the firmware solved all issues! If you don't already have a castle link, use the coupon included with the mamba for a free one. If you are already using the castle link software on your PC, make sure you download the latest version from the castle website to get the latest firmware sets. If everything else is correct, this should solve your problem.

i had to update the firmware to the newest ver.1.24 cuz my dx3s radio wouldnt calibrate with the MMpro. after the update it calibrated fine. but it wont spin the motor shaft from dead stop i have to spin it with my finger to get it to start after its started its fine. i tried the sensored only option and the smartsense option in the MMpro. neither will start the motor. when i pull out the sensor wire and run it sensorless in smartsense mode it seems better and motor starts spinning about half the time. i also increased the start power from low/med/high and it didnt help. can i run the hv 4.5 with the sensor wire unplugged or is it a sensored only type of motor. any body using this combo and have any success?
Old 02-03-2010, 01:32 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Tron
I don't think the Tekin T8 will get you enough RPM to run with 2S lipo...

Also...are motors more apt to overheat on the first run? I got my Novak up to 180 after a 10 minute run on the second battery of it's life..so it may be trashed already.

Are motors more apt to get hot by using 1/2 throttle as opposed to winding it up frequently? I was setup Linear on the Novak for the throttle curve and EXP set to 0 on my transmitter...

I tend to wuss around a few laps when I am learning a new track and only use about 1/2 throttle while picking lines and learning the braking bumps, etc.
Motors are no more apt to overheat on the first run. He mentioned temping it often on the first run to make sure it wasn't overheating. Usually you want to temp often on the first run with any motor in any vehicle just to make sure you aren't over geared. After you keep an eye on it the first couple of runs and everything is temping fine, it's not necessary to temp as often.

The more throttle you apply the more the motor will heat up, so no, it shouldn't heat up more with 1/2 throttle than full throttle. 180 is too hot. You need to gear down. Especially if you weren't pulling on it hard. You need to be in the 130-140 range. No hotter than 160. What motor is this?

I agree Tekin T8 is too low KV for 2s. You need something at least 3500 KV.
Old 02-03-2010, 01:37 PM
Tech Champion

i had to update the firmware to the newest ver.1.24 cuz my dx3s radio wouldnt calibrate with the MMpro. after the update it calibrated fine. but it wont spin the motor shaft from dead stop i have to spin it with my finger to get it to start after its started its fine. i tried the sensored only option and the smartsense option in the MMpro. neither will start the motor. when i pull out the sensor wire and run it sensorless in smartsense mode it seems better and motor starts spinning about half the time. i also increased the start power from low/med/high and it didnt help. can i run the hv 4.5 with the sensor wire unplugged or is it a sensored only type of motor. any body using this combo and have any success?
You can run it with the sensor wire unplugged. Sounds to me like you have a sensor problem in the motor or something wrong with the ESC. I would try loading the firmware again(to the same version). If that doesn't help any, do you have another motor you can try just to figure out which unit is the problem? Or even another ESC with the 4.5?
Old 02-03-2010, 01:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

You can run it with the sensor wire unplugged. Sounds to me like you have a sensor problem in the motor or something wrong with the ESC. I would try loading the firmware again(to the same version). If that doesn't help any, do you have another motor you can try just to figure out which unit is the problem? Or even another ESC with the 4.5?
no i dont have any other brushless motors or esc's to test. i might go to track to borrow one to test. called castle they think its the motor because once its started motor runs fine even at low rpm. i will call novak also. this stinks i waited so long for truck and esc and hv 4.5 were hard to get. now it doesnt work. everything is brand new
Old 02-03-2010, 02:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

The more throttle you apply the more the motor will heat up, so no, it shouldn't heat up more with 1/2 throttle than full throttle. 180 is too hot. You need to gear down. Especially if you weren't pulling on it hard. You need to be in the 130-140 range. No hotter than 160. What motor is this?

The infamous 4.5 HV Novak motor...

It may have gotten hot just because of the 20 minute run time..I just checked my run time so...I was having too much fun and ran too long = heat.
Old 02-03-2010, 02:54 PM
Tech Champion

no i dont have any other brushless motors or esc's to test. i might go to track to borrow one to test. called castle they think its the motor because once its started motor runs fine even at low rpm. i will call novak also. this stinks i waited so long for truck and esc and hv 4.5 were hard to get. now it doesnt work. everything is brand new
Yep I agree! Sounds like the motor to me! I'm sure novak will take care of you if it is. Sucks big time though!

Originally Posted by Tron
The infamous 4.5 HV Novak motor...

It may have gotten hot just because of the 20 minute run time..I just checked my run time so...I was having too much fun and ran too long = heat.
Uh, NO! The HV 4.5's run super cool in these trucks. The heat troubles that tarnished their reputation were coming from people running them in 9lb 1/8 buggies on 4s. Certainly not what this motor fits! In these 5lb trucks on 2s there should be absolutely NO heat problems what so ever! What gearing are you running? Even 20 minutes shouldn't get anywhere 180!
Old 02-03-2010, 03:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)

According to the Castle Creations Tech-Rep, the 4600kv is best suited for the SCRT-10.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.