R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Jammin SCRT10 Thread (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/317104-jammin-scrt10-thread.html)

P6 05-05-2013 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by whittie (Post 12118957)
The closer the inside of the wheel where the hex mount the more offset the rim has.

looks pretty clear to me from that picture that the Nexx10/SCRT10 rims are the widest offset.

the slash wheel is on the left it is wider from the hex to the outside of the wheel by a good amount thats why the hex is higher up than the scrt wheel hey if someone wants to prove me wrong mount them up measure and let me know what you get fromt he outside of the wheels total width slash wheels are 4mm total from being at the top of roar legal width

whittie 05-05-2013 04:45 PM

Haha, late night last night, I just re-read my post and you are correct.

I edited my original post - my Nexx10SC rims I measured up and are a wider offset than slash rear wheels by 3mm a side. I guess I made an ass of myself when I assumed the SCRT10 and Nexx10 rims are the same.

Taffyjnr5 05-16-2013 10:35 PM

Hi,
Guys any idea on gearing for a 4000Kv 4 pole on 2S with standard spur. Thanks

jaybird95 05-21-2013 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Taffyjnr5 (Post 12161349)
Hi,

I'm thinking 13 to 15 range

L.DENG 05-21-2013 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by whittie (Post 12118957)
The closer the inside of the wheel where the hex mount the more offset the rim has.

looks pretty clear to me from that picture that the rims on the left left are the widest offset

The confusion from me is that the Nexx10SC rims I have are even wider offset than the slash front wheels, which are even wider than the slash rear

Yes, the NEXX10SC stock wheel could give 21mm backspace, I just order the DE Racing Slash front wheel (about 22mm backspace) and PL Suburbs 2.0 tires, I am worry now it is too wide for PL F150 FLO TEK body.

L.DENG 05-21-2013 11:19 PM

Just got the DE Racing slash front wheel for nexx10sc, do you think it is too wide or just ok?:confused:

j3fron 06-14-2013 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by Taffyjnr5 (Post 12161349)
Hi,

well for bashing use 15t but for race....... i suggest 12t-14t, for general race use 13t

since this thing has high internal ratio, the best thing is use 13 t

L.DENG 06-14-2013 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by j3fron (Post 12255206)
well for bashing use 15t but for race....... i suggest 12t-14t, for general race use 13t

since this thing has high internal ratio, the best thing is use 13 t

I use 15T for racing, temp of motor is fine.

j3fron 06-16-2013 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by L.DENG (Post 12255242)
I use 15T for racing, temp of motor is fine.

true, but when i used 15 t, my 65c batt get puffed a little bit with HW sct pro combo, i used 0 timing and lv 1 punch and also the esc got firmware update.
i ran in really hot weather, (tropical season in my country, maybe that was the reason)

but if in your place is pretty cool, then you can use 15t
max amps draw about 115 (15t with high grip track or asphalt surfaces)

average draw about 55 (13t) - 87 (15t) amps, in very loose track, bumpy and with high jump

with internal ratio 0.25 with 15 pinion.....gearing FDR that you got about 9.6, it's too high......... faster than SCTE with same kv combo and same pinion, i suggest 13t-14t pinion for ballance effeciency and speed

turboads 07-20-2013 06:48 PM

I just got my new body all painted up so I thought I'd show it off :)

Here's a list of the parts/modifications I have done:
T-bone racing front bumper
Modified RPM slash front arms
STRC front c-hubs and steering knuckles
AE steering pivot balls
RPM ball cups
RPM rod ends
HPI 4mm turnbuckles
STRC tall front shock tower
Losi 8ight 2.0b big bore shocks with 50wt oil
STRC steering rack
Replaced steering rack bushings with ball bearings
CNC upper hinge pin holder
Front and rear CVD's
Graphite steering top plate
STRC front and rear centre brace
STRC centre diff mount
Graphite CRT.5 centre top plate
Centre front and rear CVD's
STRC rear shock tower
Fresh diffs and oils
Tekno battery tray & turnigy battery straps
AE SC8 body posts
17mm wheel hex's
Louise RC 1/8 buggy wheels & tyres
Mamba monster 1/8 ESC
Castle Creations 2650kv motor
Castle motor cooling fan
Spektrum S100 digital servo
Spektrum 3300T telemetry receiver
Receiver glitch buster
CNC servo horn
Zippy compact 3S 3700mAh lipo
Proline Desert Militia body

http://i1172.photobucket.com/albums/...psfd8b7199.jpg

http://i1172.photobucket.com/albums/...s5418855e.jpeg

kboater 07-31-2013 06:54 PM

I am completely new to the RC hobby. I have another thread, but figured i would post this here since I just found this thread:

I just found someone selling a Jammin scrt10 4x4. he says it was only used a few times and it is rtr and comes with 3 brand new gen ace 7.4v 40c rating high discharge Li-Po batteries ... he did not say anything about the motor.... if its running Lipos does that always mean its brushless?
also comes with body, controller and some extra parts...

Edit, just talked to the seller, and he does not know what motor is in it, but it is stock he said....looking at the back of the box that the seller still has it says High Performance 550 electric motor with cooling fan for longer motor life.... so guessing its brushed?

I can't find much info on this truck compared to the slash....?

is this a good truck? what would be a good used price in good condition (no charger included)

so keep in mind I'm completely new to this and trying to find a good deal on a decent truck. any info you can give me and please answer some of my Noob questions would be appreciated :)
thanks

another Edit: probably should mention that this will not be a race truck. it will be for me mostly just bashing around the neighborbood

kboater 07-31-2013 06:54 PM

deleted: got posted twice

vfrninja 08-01-2013 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by kboater (Post 12402734)
I am completely new to the RC hobby. I have another thread, but figured i would post this here since I just found this thread:

I just found someone selling a Jammin scrt10 4x4. he says it was only used a few times and it is rtr and comes with 3 brand new gen ace 7.4v 40c rating high discharge Li-Po batteries ... he did not say anything about the motor.... if its running Lipos does that always mean its brushless?
also comes with body, controller and some extra parts...

Edit, just talked to the seller, and he does not know what motor is in it, but it is stock he said....looking at the back of the box that the seller still has it says High Performance 550 electric motor with cooling fan for longer motor life.... so guessing its brushed?

I can't find much info on this truck compared to the slash....?

is this a good truck? what would be a good used price in good condition (no charger included)

so keep in mind I'm completely new to this and trying to find a good deal on a decent truck. any info you can give me and please answer some of my Noob questions would be appreciated :)
thanks

another Edit: probably should mention that this will not be a race truck. it will be for me mostly just bashing around the neighborbood

The jammin is a good truck for racing or bashing. Better than the slash imo. Because of the simple layout it's easy to work on. That being said I'm not a fan of used stuff because you never really know what your going to get. Make sure he has the manual with it so you have something to go off when your working on it. If you do buy it make sure to go through and check fluids, make sure screws are tight, etc.

kboater 08-01-2013 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by vfrninja (Post 12403913)
The jammin is a good truck for racing or bashing. Better than the slash imo. Because of the simple layout it's easy to work on. That being said I'm not a fan of used stuff because you never really know what your going to get. Make sure he has the manual with it so you have something to go off when your working on it. If you do buy it make sure to go through and check fluids, make sure screws are tight, etc.

thanks
can you give me some input on the other questions? such as:
is the stock motor brushed?
what is a good price for a good condition one (with the 3 lipo batteries), controller, but no charger?

lewis110 08-01-2013 03:44 PM

The stock motor is a brushed 12 turn 550 motor. It's the same motor as the traxxas 12 turn. I'm not sure what he's asking but the Nexx10 which is the same as the Jammin with the added pillow ball front suspension is on sale as a 80% roller for 99 bucks at www.ofnawarehouse.com