Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Jammin SCRT10 Thread >

Jammin SCRT10 Thread

Jammin SCRT10 Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 02:43 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kings Kid View Post
If these rims are for stock, what tires are available?
I believe the ProLine SC tires fit these wheels.

Check it out.... http://www.prolineracing.com/catalog/Wheels-33-1.html
Old 01-25-2010, 02:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

What have you guys been breaking? I am undecided between the scrt or the hyper. They both seem to handle amazing with the proper setup (watched 2 vids of Bradley and Kortz battling). Any issues with shock towers? I like how the Hypers is alum., but is it needed? Please give honest answers as I would with you. I understand that they break, so I just want to know what spares should be in my box.

Thanks,
Porty
Old 01-25-2010, 03:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

i bought enough spare parts to almost build another car. nowhere local has parts for these so i wanted to be ready. to date ive broke the front bumper. that happened on the first pack. thats it. we are running indoor in n.e. ohio but the one indoor track is pretty good size, and im no pro driver. i have crashed it pretty good, lawn darted it from a good height, this is one tough little truck! its not 1/8 tough but none the less i havent broke it. in the same time on the same tracks ive broke a couple a-arms on my b44 from simular crashes that my jammin has held up to. now that ive spent the money on parts i doubt ill ever break anything, thats the way it works i guess. hopefully something will wear out so i can put some of them to good use.
Old 01-25-2010, 03:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cbrociuos View Post
i bought enough spare parts to almost build another car. nowhere local has parts for these so i wanted to be ready. to date ive broke the front bumper. that happened on the first pack. thats it. we are running indoor in n.e. ohio but the one indoor track is pretty good size, and im no pro driver. i have crashed it pretty good, lawn darted it from a good height, this is one tough little truck! its not 1/8 tough but none the less i havent broke it. in the same time on the same tracks ive broke a couple a-arms on my b44 from simular crashes that my jammin has held up to. now that ive spent the money on parts i doubt ill ever break anything, thats the way it works i guess. hopefully something will wear out so i can put some of them to good use.
I know what you mean. But honestly, I rather buy it and never have to use it.

I heard about boiling the front bumper...
Old 01-25-2010, 03:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Racecrafter View Post
I run a 5.5 on 2s It's plenty fast. Up until recently I have been running a 12t pinion. The latest layout at WCRC is tight so I dropped to a 10t
Thanks for the info Jimmy. The 3700kv 5.5 is probably the highest kv I'd want to run on 3S, but if it can still hang on 2S it sounds like the right choice seeing as some tracks are 2S and some allow 3S.
Old 01-25-2010, 03:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Originally Posted by portyansky View Post
What have you guys been breaking? I am undecided between the scrt or the hyper. They both seem to handle amazing with the proper setup (watched 2 vids of Bradley and Kortz battling). Any issues with shock towers? I like how the Hypers is alum., but is it needed? Please give honest answers as I would with you. I understand that they break, so I just want to know what spares should be in my box.

Thanks,
Porty
I have broke two things on my truck thus far;

Front bumper upper support (It takes a major beating I was surprised that it lasted that long)

and a right rear hub carrier. I landed completely wrong and it snapped.
Old 01-25-2010, 03:34 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by GO-RIDE.com View Post
Thanks for the info Jimmy. The 3700kv 5.5 is probably the highest kv I'd want to run on 3S, but if it can still hang on 2S it sounds like the right choice seeing as some tracks are 2S and some allow 3S.
You are welcome!

Hit me up if you have questions or need anything.
Old 01-25-2010, 03:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I know what you mean. But honestly, I rather buy it and never have to use it.

I heard about boiling the front bumper...
it may help but it doesnt work, if you page back; its not too far, you can see what i did. there are a couple pics and directions. it works perfect. doesnt look too bad.
Old 01-25-2010, 04:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Thanks,
Porty
Shock towers are available in aluminum (CRT.5 hop-up), FYI. The only thing I've broke is front c-hub, which also available in aluminum.
Old 01-25-2010, 04:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Thanks,
Porty
The only real known breakage issue on the jammin truck is the front bumper support. Other than that it's a very tough truck. Obviously things will break if you hit something or land wrong like Racecrafter said.

I actually think the aluminum shock towers are a negative. Lots of guys have been bending them on the hyper. The aluminum they use is pretty thin. Seems like the jammin plastic ones would take a serious hit to break. Jammin also sells aluminum towers if you really wanted a set. I believe someone even makes carbon fiber ones.
Old 01-25-2010, 05:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

I talked to Proline today to find out when they are coming out with the offset rims for the scrt and the tech guy (who is sponsored by Jammin) said that they are running slash front rims all the way around. Are any of you running these and if so how do you like them. Thanks.
Old 01-25-2010, 06:33 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I just got the scrt 10 and it seems to be very nose heavy...Have any others had this issue and what are you doing about it.....Thanks Doug
Old 01-25-2010, 07:07 PM
Tech Elite

I run Slash front off set wheel adapters and are the perfect off set if you change the body OR put 4* camber front and 3* rear.
Attached Thumbnails Jammin SCRT10 Thread-024.jpg   Jammin SCRT10 Thread-025.jpg  
Old 01-25-2010, 07:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JoeC View Post
I talked to Proline today to find out when they are coming out with the offset rims for the scrt and the tech guy (who is sponsored by Jammin) said that they are running slash front rims all the way around. Are any of you running these and if so how do you like them. Thanks.
Reading the thread might help.

If you look back at the last couple of pages there are a few posts regarding people running slash front wheels. So yeah some guys are running them. Personally I have slash rears all around.
Old 01-25-2010, 07:10 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Doug Lemmons View Post
I just got the scrt 10 and it seems to be very nose heavy...Have any others had this issue and what are you doing about it.....Thanks Doug
Doug,

Jumpin the SCRT takes a bit of mid air on throttle to keep the nose up.

I run about 10 clicks of throttle trim while on the track.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.