Wiki Posts
Search

Jammin SCRT10 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 01:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 123 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RustyRC
I have T bone on my Scrt10, it is pretty simple to install. you can find them on e bay.
Yeah I just got my T-Bone installed yesterday and it looks awesome, I don't think it will be breaking anytime soon. I ordered it from their website, got it to the house in a week. Looks like I got an updated model, had couple mounting holes to adjust the height of it, fits just in front of the headlights now. Will be running it this weekend to test it out.

Tim
Old 12-13-2010, 01:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tkge
Yeah I just got my T-Bone installed yesterday and it looks awesome, I don't think it will be breaking anytime soon. I ordered it from their website, got it to the house in a week. Looks like I got an updated model, had couple mounting holes to adjust the height of it, fits just in front of the headlights now. Will be running it this weekend to test it out.

Tim
I have the Elite R/C towers on one truck and the T-Bone brace doesn't fit/reach. I have been running without the brace on there since June and it's been fine. Has enough flex/spring that it bounces right back. And I am not the best driver. I was worried the brace was going to put to much pressure on the front towers so I left it off.
Old 12-13-2010, 02:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I ordered it from their website Tim
Tim>>> Could you post a link<<<
Old 12-13-2010, 02:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lazer Guy
Tim>>> Could you post a link<<<
http://t-bone-racing.com/catalog/i515.html
Old 12-13-2010, 02:05 PM
Tech Master

I just installed a Traxxas Slash upper camber link through the stock bushing without a bar connection to the rear upper pin holder. I don't have a photo and can try to post one later.

Everyone should check out Lazer Guys front Bumper. That is what I was talking about up thread. It looks like a great way to keep the stock bumper and eliminate the connection from the bumper to the skid plate that rips the bottom out.
Old 12-13-2010, 02:26 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Wldmoose
I also emailed RCM about the area under the spur not being milled deep enough and haven't heard back. Its not a huge deal to rectify but having to alter a brand new chassis to make it work properly kinda rubs me the wrong way. Especially something as apparent as that....
The spur area is milled about 1/2 the thickness of the chassis. Any deeper and the aluminum would be paper thin or completely open. People were having trouble with a spur cutout on the original chassis. Running indoors on smooth surfaces was decent, but running outdoors tended to cause spur damage. Many (myself included) used clear chassis guard tape to close the opening. Personally, I'd rather shim the diff than have an opening.
Old 12-13-2010, 02:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

[QUOTE=SaladFork;8337864][url]/QUOTE]

Thank you for the link.

My 4 link upper arm mod went right on with no modification.

The cut front bumper seems to help but it's not a fix.
Old 12-13-2010, 03:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

hey lazerguy can I get pic of the bumper mod.

I did the rear long shock conversion for the front end.
does that make a problem with trying to modify the SC10 front
bumper mod. I have the metal STRC front shock tower now.

warm weather seems to make the car invincible but now I have been
racing indoors and its cold here in NY I cannot get through one race night with out breaking. steering turnbuckles, chubs, and steering knuckles and front bumpers.

Is the PBS suspension more durable thinking about making the jump or
slowing the car down 5.5 with a 15tooth pinion just way too much even turned down on the radio endpoint.

any help will be appreciated...
Old 12-13-2010, 03:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Sorry to interrupt this thread, but does anyone know if this CRT.5 comes w/ the long chassis?
I can't get an answer on the crt.5 thread and need to order the servo's asap...

https://www.rcdeal.com/modules/store...m=1007&store=4

Thanks in advance,
Jordan
Old 12-13-2010, 03:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by xrayrc
hey lazerguy can I get pic of the bumper mod....
If you click on the picture in post #8158 you'll see the cut I did on the stock bumper, it's not a fix but it helps a little.

I just ordered the T-bone bumper.
Old 12-13-2010, 04:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 123 (100%+)

Tim
Here are a couple pics of the new T-Bone design. It was a little tight to mount to the tower, but it should be secure and strong as heck!!

Old 12-13-2010, 06:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Ok folks. Need some advice.

I ran my SCRT-10 yesterday and she drove pretty nice. I'm a road driver/basher too. I noticed the center diff was leaking like mad. So I figure I'll gather the fluids and redo all 3. Can anyone recommend the fluid weights for asphalty power slide straights and figure 8 type of driving? Also what you recoomend I do to seal that center diff?

Moon
Old 12-13-2010, 07:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

MoonDeville - There are a few things you can do for a leaky diff. First, make sure the diff case is flat. The part that the cover screws to. Sometimes, Ill take a piece of 120 or so grit piece of sandpaper and lay it on a very flat surface. i.e. glass, metal plate, etc and sand the diff case a bit. I then take the out drives out, clean them up and use mobile on grease to lube the out drives before I put them back into the case. I also put grease on the o ring. I then fill up the diff and make sure to clean the diff gasket really well so there is no diff oil on it. Then I take the mobile one and lightly coat each side. Screw the cover on and let her eat!
Old 12-13-2010, 07:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Here are a couple pics of the new T-Bone design. It was a little tight to mount to the tower, but it should be secure and strong as heck!!

does the t-bone bumper work with the strc or any other brand long front shock towers that incorporate the body in all one piece?
Old 12-13-2010, 07:52 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xrayrc
does the t-bone bumper work with the strc or any other brand long front shock towers that incorporate the body in all one piece?
It works fine with the SNR carbon fiber towers / body mounts I have on my rig. No modification at all.

I just modded my T-Bone today so it slips under the front diff like the stock bumper mount does. I didn't like the the front skid plates' effect on ground clearance. If I start ripping up diff cases I guess I'll have to go buy a new one.

Darn tough bumpers....you won't break one no matter what you hit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.