R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Jammin SCRT10 Thread (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/317104-jammin-scrt10-thread.html)

cbrociuos 01-19-2010 07:25 PM

those are goosebumps on proline beadlock (slash front offset) rims. they are alittle wider. they fill an sc10 or a hyper 10 body perfect. havent ran them yet, tomarrow. i have hyper rims w/ bowties, but i think the wider stance will help w/ corner speed, im hoping it doesnt harm the trucks turn in. ill post late tomarrow night what i found out.

ctbaker 01-19-2010 09:11 PM

noob

I have an RC10 from about 22 years ago and am looking to get back into r/c with a SC truck. Any ideas when the RTR SCRT10 will be released and what the content of the kit will be?

I have an old Airtronics Vector AM radio/receiver/servos and would like to get into a brushless setup with a DSS radio like the Slash 4x4 RTR comes with but am leaning more towards wanting to get the SCRT10 just because of the durability issues with the slash.

Mostly bashing and running on a self-made offroad track.

Thanks for dealing with yet another noob!!

cbrociuos 01-19-2010 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by ctbaker (Post 6878831)
I have an RC10 from about 22 years ago and am looking to get back into r/c with a SC truck. Any ideas when the RTR SCRT10 will be released and what the content of the kit will be?

I have an old Airtronics Vector AM radio/receiver/servos and would like to get into a brushless setup with a DSS radio like the Slash 4x4 RTR comes with but am leaning more towards wanting to get the SCRT10 just because of the durability issues with the slash.

Mostly bashing and running on a self-made offroad track.

Thanks for dealing with yet another noob!!

nitrohouse has kits w/ mamba max and motors for $399 when they get them back in. i'd go w/ a 5700kv instead of a 6900kv though. the 69 may overheat they only go down to a 9t pinion. i have an 11t on my 57 @ 65*f ambient, and it runs in the 120's

Racecrafter 01-19-2010 10:22 PM

RTR versions are being worked on.

Hang in there!

Joe_Racer 01-19-2010 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by Shark413 (Post 6753461)
As I mentioned in an earlier post the first day out on the track I had a little accident and broke the front upper bumper support. It's been kinda slow at work this week so I figured while I was waiting for a replacement I could see if I could throw something together using some spares I had laying around. I had previously used a Slash front bumper on my 1/8 buggy SC conversion, it is pretty easy to adapt to other trucks, it is pretty tough and I had an extra one. So I took some scrap aluminum I had left over from some skids I made and put together a new front bumper for my Jammin using the Slash bumper. As a bonus I got a front skid plate as well. It took me a hour or so to make the parts and it bolted on without issue. The Slash bumper is very solid and has a built in shock absorber, unfortunetly it sits about 1/2 too high in relation to the body, oh well.

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r...P1010035-3.jpg
Here are the parts required, Slash bumper and some 6061 aluminum scrap.

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r...P1010040-2.jpg
Parts together

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r...3/P1010043.jpg
Bottom view

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r...3/P1010045.jpg
Front shot

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r...P1010053-1.jpg
Here it is with the body on.

Will you be producing these parts for sale? I am thinking about getting an SCRT10 and would like to have these since the front bumper seems so fragile. Either PM or post the price if you would be willing to make another set. I am sure there would be others that are interested as well.:nod:

Thanks

xxxtruck 01-20-2010 06:43 AM

I would be interest also

laedco58 01-20-2010 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by Joe_Racer (Post 6879404)
Will you be producing these parts for sale? I am thinking about getting an SCRT10 and would like to have these since the front bumper seems so fragile. Either PM or post the price if you would be willing to make another set. I am sure there would be others that are interested as well.:nod:

Thanks

Try boiling your stock bumper parts, I haven't broke mine yet...Then again I have only run on a tight indoor track with no long straightaways where I can get the truck wound out either. It has lawn darted,flipped,rolled,and cartwheeled without breaking.

cbrociuos 01-20-2010 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by laedco58 (Post 6880394)
Try boiling your stock bumper parts, I haven't broke mine yet...Then again I have only run on a tight indoor track with no long straightaways where I can get the truck wound out either. It has lawn darted,flipped,rolled,and cartwheeled without breaking.

i boiled mine for about 15 min. it pulled out from the two screws thet hold the bottom on, i scrapped it. the one two posts above is very nice, if i had a machine shop mine would look like that.:)

CAK 01-20-2010 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by cbrociuos (Post 6880673)
i boiled mine for about 15 min. it pulled out from the two screws thet hold the bottom on, i scrapped it. the one two posts above is very nice, if i had a machine shop mine would look like that.:)

The Ofna bumper will fit. Just need to drill two holes in the upper mount of the bumper where it attaches to the shock tower and one on the tab the fits between the chassis and toe plate. Drill a hole in the chassis in between the front two holes and counter sink.

The ofna bumper is a WAY better design. Seems Jammin could make a couple of simple changes to the Ofna mold (bigger bottom tab with two holes like the factory and two holes in the top mount) for a direct bolt in.

Last I heard Jay was working on a new design but have not heard about a time frame.

Shark413 01-20-2010 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Joe_Racer (Post 6879404)

Thanks

Hi, I am glad you like the mod and it has held up very well. It's a pretty simple design, but unfortunately I am not a machinist by trade. I do have access to a small milling machine but it is not cnc controlled so all the cuts, holes, bending, tapping, machining for each step must be setup and performed by hand, which is very time consuming. So I don't plan on producing any more of these at this time. I am sure Jammin will come out with a factory fix soon. If there is still a need, I may consider making some in a few months when I normally make a run of replacement skids for my 1/8's.

bigbeej 01-20-2010 04:18 PM

If I am going to run the HV4.5 motor it sounds like the pinion to go with is the 13t? Does the truck come with a pinion? The HV has the 5mm shaft, I imagine if the kit comes with a pinion it would be for a smaller shaft motor? If so what pinions are you guys using with the HV4.5?

JAMMINKRAZY 01-20-2010 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by bigbeej (Post 6882636)
If I am going to run the HV4.5 motor it sounds like the pinion to go with is the 13t? Does the truck come with a pinion? The HV has the 5mm shaft, I imagine if the kit comes with a pinion it would be for a smaller shaft motor? If so what pinions are you guys using with the HV4.5?

Truck comes with a 5mm Bore 13T pinion, so if that's what you want to run you're set. I would pick up a 14t and 15t as well for the HV. The kit comes with a shaft bore reducer for the pinion so you can run a standard 10th scale motor with a 3mm shaft, or a larger motor such as the HV with a 5mm shaft.:nod:

xxxtruck 01-20-2010 08:13 PM

mine will be here tomorrow. What setup is everybody running. Diff fuilds, shock etc

Racecrafter 01-20-2010 08:17 PM

Current set up on my Jammin SCRT10

Front shock oil 900 weight, Rear 600 Both with white springs.

Changed rear diff fluid from 1000 to 2000 for better off power stability.

I'm running 2s with a KO BMC1 ESC, 5.5HV motor w/ 12t pinion

Indoor clay track I run AKA Pro 5 wheels with super soft compound tires.

AKA 33010 wheel adapters.

Body is stock with front wheel wells trimmed to outer fender line, rear just trimmed at back of wheel well for looks more than clearance.

With this mod you can run standard size SC tires and wheels of course minding your wheel offset.

titotime 01-21-2010 01:38 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Finished my Jammin, running Tekin RS Pro and Novak HV4.5 on 2s. Got my Slash body to fit, but needs Proline wheels and tires. Sure wish I had an Elite mount for my Jammin SCRT! What do you guys think?