R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Jammin SCRT10 Thread (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/317104-jammin-scrt10-thread.html)

Cyberacer 10-14-2010 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by Racecrafter (Post 8068771)
Fantom 5600 50C

Jimmy, did you get the new 65C batts yet? If so, send me a price....

shanty140 10-15-2010 01:43 AM

Hey guys.

I am about to order a SCRT. But was wondering what Motor and ESC setups people are running and recommending. So if anyone can post up what you recommend that would be great.

I was looking at running the Novak HV 4.5 motor with a Castle MMP. But I have heard of Cogging issues. For people running this setup, have you had any issues? The electronics setup I would be running is Spektrum DX3R, and Hitec 7955TG Servo. The battery will depend on the motor/ESC Setup.

garry969 10-15-2010 02:58 AM

Originally Posted by shanty140 (Post 8074187)
Hey guys.

I am about to order a SCRT. But was wondering what Motor and ESC setups people are running and recommending. So if anyone can post up what you recommend that would be great.

I was looking at running the Novak HV 4.5 motor with a Castle MMP. But I have heard of Cogging issues. For people running this setup, have you had any issues? The electronics setup I would be running is Spektrum DX3R, and Hitec 7955TG Servo. The battery will depend on the motor/ESC Setup.

I have tried the Novak 4.5 setup. But if you want a quick truck with low temps get yourself the Neu 4500kv or 4100kv motors.

I have both depending on track size and conditions. I can run HK 4000mah 30C batteries and still make 10 min Mains with them. Most efficient motor you can find.

Oh yeah DX3R radio and Hitec 7950 Servo with the MMPro. I have to run the external Castle BEC.

You should go back a few pages on this thread lots of setups are already in this thread.

PanicRev 10-15-2010 08:12 AM

Lots of people are running the 4.5 and an mmp. I am. No cogging issues. Shooth as a babies A$$ and fast enough for any track. If you're build is for indoor racing only you may want to consider the 5.5.

I am running the Flightpower hard case batteries from Hobbyking. 5200mah 2s 2p 30c hard case. I can get two of them delivered to my door for about 70 dollars. Only drawbacks here is that they are about 20grams heavier than comperable batteries and it takes about 3 weeks for delivery. For an extra 20 bucks or so you can have them in 3 or 4 days. They fit in the SCRT battery case PERFECT.

Running the 4.5 a full battery on an indoor track with ambient temps around the 70s F it comes back in with temps around 140f, never seen it over 160f.

I am running a ds 1015 servo. At first I had the same issues that led garry969 to use an external BEC, the castle MMP built in bec has problems providing the amps that a high torque servo pulls and may "glitch" the reciever while at full endpoints or while centering. In my case I was able to cure this with a voltage cap added to the reciever (under 10 dollars) and reducing the steering "dual rate by about 10% on my radio settings (I am still getting full steering on the truck, I'm not really sure why this worked unless it's more efficient than adjusting end points).

claymonkey 10-15-2010 09:12 AM

I do not have this truck, but am thinking of it. I myself have the Havok pro sc and a 4.5 550 combo in my Slash 4x4 with a ds1313 servo and have had no glithing with my dx3 at the track at all. It has gobs of power for the track. How do you guys like the Jammin as compared to the Hyper. I race only and wanted ya'lls input on the track. I am leaning toward the Jammin over the hyper, but either will be better then the slash. I can see the advantages they have over me at the track, especially in the corners, then the jumps. Thank you.

Fleshgearf150 10-15-2010 07:16 PM

Question. I need a mod 1 pinion gear (13T) for a 3mm motor shaft (NOT 5mm) so that I dont have to use the adapter. Im running a VXL motor which obviously has a 3mm shaft and I need a 13t pinion that is the same pitch as the SCRT10 spur. Does anyone have a part number for what Im looking for??? Ive just never had good luck with the shaft adapter things.

I found this on Tower.... Is this what I need? Someone please help! Thanks!

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXZAW5&P=7

zummo 10-15-2010 07:25 PM

I found this on Tower.... Is this what I need? Someone please help! Thanks!

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXZAW5&P=7[/QUOTE]

Yes that is the right pinion to use for mod1 gears and a 3mm motor shaft:nod:

Fleshgearf150 10-16-2010 01:05 PM

So i just bought my SCRT10 and plan on using my VXL motor for now on 2s only.

I do however have a MMM 2650kv combo sitting around from an old e-buggy I had. I have seen that some people use the MMM 2650kv combo in their SCRT10 on 2s. Does anyone here have any user experience of using this combo on 2s in the SCRT10? I know the torque would be great and Im sure it would run ice cold as its a very powerful motor. Any real experience with it would be awesome!!!!

Racecrafter 10-16-2010 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by Cyberacer (Post 8070221)
Jimmy, did you get the new 65C batts yet? If so, send me a price....

Pres sent you a text correct?

Wldmoose 10-16-2010 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by shanty140 (Post 8074187)
Hey guys.

I have to agree with everything Panic said. I've run the 4.5 HV and Ballistic with MMP and have never seen a hint of a cog in 8 months. Only difference is I run a Futaba servo and an SMC pack. Pick your poison on servos or packs but ya get what you pay for IMHO.

I also had the glitch issue early on and a cap solved it. I run the Losi BB shocks and on the large 1/8 scale oriented track I race on its a gas.

I would recommend you disassemble, clean, rebuild, and refill the shocks and diffs before you even run it. The diffs are notorious for being way underfilled, if at all and/ or leaking. I also had two diffs where the red internal o-rings were either swollen or just outside of tolerance cuz they wouldn't sit flush no matter how I tried seat them. You could actually see the difference in size of bad ones that came in the diff versus the new ones I put in.

Quality and process control is not a strong point in Chinese manufacturing in general and Hong Nor in particular:(.... That said, once you get the truck set up properly its fun as hell.

S/X Runner 10-16-2010 04:53 PM

Selling mine

I'm gonna sell mine. Baby is on the way. Not gonna have much time go out have fun with RC's.

Check it out...
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...c-etc-etc.html

Wldmoose 10-16-2010 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by Cyberacer (Post 8063924)
Did you try the SNR 4mm one piece shock towers, not just the upper body mounts? They are more stout and would hold up better.

+++1 Buy the 4 mm SNR tower/body mounts and you should be good to go. I tried the ERC Al towers and my rear one bent too.... way too much meat was milled out to make it look cool and lighten it.

That and just learn to keep the rubber side down more... :lol:

Cyberacer 10-17-2010 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by Racecrafter (Post 8080830)
Pres sent you a text correct?

Yeah he did. Thanks Jimmy!

gottabaja 10-17-2010 11:40 AM

First run w/ a 6.5 hv and RX8, .... it is a great track set -up. Plenty of power and good run times. Temp's are 130deg after 15 min of hard running. Using about 225mah per min. Giving me a max of 20 min on my 5250 MAx Amps 2s.

The SCRT10 will be my new rig for outdoor next year, .... just need to make some changes and uprades and it will be all ready.

Racecrafter 10-17-2010 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by Cyberacer (Post 8083358)
Yeah he did. Thanks Jimmy!

Let me know. :)