Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Jammin SCRT10 Thread >

Jammin SCRT10 Thread

Jammin SCRT10 Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 07:59 AM
  #661  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SLC, UT
Posts: 549
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I'm getting ready to convert my E-CRT.5 to an SCRT10. I have a couple of questions?

1. Where are the front bumpers breaking on the SCRT10? Is it just the support brace or is it also the main bumper attached to the chassis? How are the rear bumpers holding up?

2. What's the concensus on larger wheel options? Do the handle better? Do they break more parts? What offset is working, and with which body?

Thanks for the help!
GO-RIDE.com is offline  
Old 01-13-2010, 08:28 AM
  #662  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
Arigato's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: 'Vegas Baby!
Posts: 631
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I haven't tried different tires yet, but the front bumper is breaking in both spots. The rear is pretty tough.
Arigato is offline  
Old 01-13-2010, 09:51 AM
  #663  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (9)
 
GravityJunkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 264
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by GO-RIDE.com View Post
I'm getting ready to convert my E-CRT.5 to an SCRT10. I have a couple of questions?

1. Where are the front bumpers breaking on the SCRT10? Is it just the support brace or is it also the main bumper attached to the chassis? How are the rear bumpers holding up?

2. What's the concensus on larger wheel options? Do the handle better? Do they break more parts? What offset is working, and with which body?

Thanks for the help!
Go-ride, let us know how your project turns out. I too have a CRT I was looking at coverting to a SCRT. After taking a brief look at what it would cost, I planned on going with just buying a SCRT. I never officially added it up so it'll be interesting what you find out.
GravityJunkie is offline  
Old 01-13-2010, 10:07 AM
  #664  
Tech Addict
 
russp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Redlands, CA
Posts: 667
Default

So what are the advantages of running the larger hv motors with a 10th scale esc? Please elaborate
Thanks russ
russp is offline  
Old 01-13-2010, 10:53 AM
  #665  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: n.e. ohio
Posts: 892
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by russp View Post
So what are the advantages of running the larger hv motors with a 10th scale esc? Please elaborate
Thanks russ
i havent bought one yet, but more torque, lower temps, longer runtime. as far as the esc. you dont need an 1/8 esc for 2s packs the 1/10 are smaller, and cheaper (in some cases). i just hope the novak hv is going to work better than it did in 1/8 on 4s packs. everyone i know thats ran them; has smoked them, in 1/8.
cbrociuos is offline  
Old 01-13-2010, 11:36 AM
  #666  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (159)
 
Krio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: At dirt tracks in Michigan!
Posts: 5,718
Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)
Default

Originally Posted by russp View Post
So what are the advantages of running the larger hv motors with a 10th scale esc? Please elaborate
Thanks russ
adding on to cbrociuos,
Yeah, its all about torque. The longer stator provides more torque compared to a normal 10th scale motor which helps keep the motor temps down. These motors should fare perfectly well with 2s and just about any speedo as most failures with the HV system in 8th scales was the underdeveloped HV esc.
Krio is offline  
Old 01-13-2010, 11:47 AM
  #667  
Tech Master
iTrader: (20)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,303
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Got mine on order waiting on it to come in. I have bought the SC10 body. The aluminum steering ackerman. For tires goosebumps, bowties, and calibers, mounted on white jc rims. Is there any thing else I need to buy so I can be ready when it gets here. I have tekin RS PRO and 6.5 would like to do the big motor but tekin only has a 2650kv for their highest motor.
xxxtruck is offline  
Old 01-13-2010, 12:43 PM
  #668  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SLC, UT
Posts: 549
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by GravityJunkie View Post
Go-ride, let us know how your project turns out. I too have a CRT I was looking at coverting to a SCRT. After taking a brief look at what it would cost, I planned on going with just buying a SCRT. I never officially added it up so it'll be interesting what you find out.
To do a full oem spec conversion it would be around the same as a good deal on the truck ($250ish). However, I've seen guys using other shocks, wheels, tires, bodies, and bumpers. If you just buy these optional parts upfront and not order the oem spec parts you can end up ahead at least a $100. Plus if I'd definitely salvage all the nice alum parts off my existing E-CRT.5 (shock towers, front knuckles, rear hubs, drag link, steering rack). It comes do to if I can sell my existing E-CRT.5 for a $100.
GO-RIDE.com is offline  
Old 01-13-2010, 12:58 PM
  #669  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (114)
 
blade329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Glendora, CA
Posts: 5,124
Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by xxxtruck View Post
Got mine on order waiting on it to come in. I have bought the SC10 body. The aluminum steering ackerman. For tires goosebumps, bowties, and calibers, mounted on white jc rims. Is there any thing else I need to buy so I can be ready when it gets here. I have tekin RS PRO and 6.5 would like to do the big motor but tekin only has a 2650kv for their highest motor.
Tekin 2650??? Make sure you have a large supply of replacement parts. This is the reason I see so many SC 4wd's break. It's not an 1/8th scale. It's not built like a tank, like the RC8, 8ight, etc. I see way too many overpowered over-abused SC 4x4's and they are breaking all the time.
blade329 is offline  
Old 01-13-2010, 02:19 PM
  #670  
Tech Master
iTrader: (83)
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: San Diego, Ca
Posts: 1,460
Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)
Default

If I am running a MMPro on 2s 40C lipos what is a better motor choice, the Novak 6.5HV or the 5.5HV?
bigbeej is offline  
Old 01-13-2010, 02:57 PM
  #671  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Round Rock, TX
Posts: 52
Default

I have a question about the shocks. I have put new fluid in my front shocks and after 1 race day they were almost empty and leaked out the top. How can i stop them from leaking and is there another shock that matches up to these that i could use. I have been in the sport for 6 years so it is not a rookie mistake. Never had shocks leak this bad.
litlemac26 is offline  
Old 01-13-2010, 03:07 PM
  #672  
Tech Master
iTrader: (35)
 
Kings Kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: sw lower michigan
Posts: 1,686
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by litlemac26 View Post
I have a question about the shocks. I have put new fluid in my front shocks and after 1 race day they were almost empty and leaked out the top. How can i stop them from leaking and is there another shock that matches up to these that i could use. I have been in the sport for 6 years so it is not a rookie mistake. Never had shocks leak this bad.
With the Traxxas slash, we had to wrap teflon tape on the threads (aluminum caps) to stop the leaking. Might give a couple of wraps a try.
Kings Kid is offline  
Old 01-13-2010, 03:15 PM
  #673  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Round Rock, TX
Posts: 52
Default

Originally Posted by Kings Kid View Post
With the Traxxas slash, we had to wrap teflon tape on the threads (aluminum caps) to stop the leaking. Might give a couple of wraps a try.
Ill try that. Looks like it is leaking where the cap and mount join together. Not at the threads but ill try anything at this point. Thanks KID.
litlemac26 is offline  
Old 01-13-2010, 03:25 PM
  #674  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (17)
 
JAMMINKRAZY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 6,575
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by litlemac26 View Post
Ill try that. Looks like it is leaking where the cap and mount join together. Not at the threads but ill try anything at this point. Thanks KID.
If it's leaking out of the seam between the aluminum cap ring and the plastic eyelet the bladders are probably bad. Replacing them should solve the problem. There shouldn't be any oil above the bladder to begin with that could leak out of that seam. It's also possible that you didn't get the bladders seated correctly when you built the shocks. If they don't seat perfectly or you get them sideways at all they will leak. I know I have done that before.
JAMMINKRAZY is offline  
Old 01-13-2010, 09:18 PM
  #675  
Tech Master
iTrader: (83)
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: San Diego, Ca
Posts: 1,460
Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by bigbeej View Post
If I am running a MMPro on 2s 40C lipos what is a better motor choice, the Novak 6.5HV or the 5.5HV?
Any of you guys running HV's got any advice?
bigbeej is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.