Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Jammin SCRT10 Thread >

Jammin SCRT10 Thread

Jammin SCRT10 Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 07:59 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm getting ready to convert my E-CRT.5 to an SCRT10. I have a couple of questions?

1. Where are the front bumpers breaking on the SCRT10? Is it just the support brace or is it also the main bumper attached to the chassis? How are the rear bumpers holding up?

2. What's the concensus on larger wheel options? Do the handle better? Do they break more parts? What offset is working, and with which body?

Thanks for the help!
Old 01-13-2010, 08:28 AM
Tech Addict

I haven't tried different tires yet, but the front bumper is breaking in both spots. The rear is pretty tough.
Old 01-13-2010, 09:51 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GO-RIDE.com View Post
I'm getting ready to convert my E-CRT.5 to an SCRT10. I have a couple of questions?

1. Where are the front bumpers breaking on the SCRT10? Is it just the support brace or is it also the main bumper attached to the chassis? How are the rear bumpers holding up?

2. What's the concensus on larger wheel options? Do the handle better? Do they break more parts? What offset is working, and with which body?

Thanks for the help!
Go-ride, let us know how your project turns out. I too have a CRT I was looking at coverting to a SCRT. After taking a brief look at what it would cost, I planned on going with just buying a SCRT. I never officially added it up so it'll be interesting what you find out.
Old 01-13-2010, 10:07 AM
Tech Addict

So what are the advantages of running the larger hv motors with a 10th scale esc? Please elaborate
Thanks russ
Old 01-13-2010, 10:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by russp View Post
So what are the advantages of running the larger hv motors with a 10th scale esc? Please elaborate
Thanks russ
i havent bought one yet, but more torque, lower temps, longer runtime. as far as the esc. you dont need an 1/8 esc for 2s packs the 1/10 are smaller, and cheaper (in some cases). i just hope the novak hv is going to work better than it did in 1/8 on 4s packs. everyone i know thats ran them; has smoked them, in 1/8.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:36 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Originally Posted by russp View Post
Thanks russ
adding on to cbrociuos,
Yeah, its all about torque. The longer stator provides more torque compared to a normal 10th scale motor which helps keep the motor temps down. These motors should fare perfectly well with 2s and just about any speedo as most failures with the HV system in 8th scales was the underdeveloped HV esc.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Got mine on order waiting on it to come in. I have bought the SC10 body. The aluminum steering ackerman. For tires goosebumps, bowties, and calibers, mounted on white jc rims. Is there any thing else I need to buy so I can be ready when it gets here. I have tekin RS PRO and 6.5 would like to do the big motor but tekin only has a 2650kv for their highest motor.
Old 01-13-2010, 12:43 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by GravityJunkie View Post
Go-ride, let us know how your project turns out. I too have a CRT I was looking at coverting to a SCRT. After taking a brief look at what it would cost, I planned on going with just buying a SCRT. I never officially added it up so it'll be interesting what you find out.
To do a full oem spec conversion it would be around the same as a good deal on the truck ($250ish). However, I've seen guys using other shocks, wheels, tires, bodies, and bumpers. If you just buy these optional parts upfront and not order the oem spec parts you can end up ahead at least a $100. Plus if I'd definitely salvage all the nice alum parts off my existing E-CRT.5 (shock towers, front knuckles, rear hubs, drag link, steering rack). It comes do to if I can sell my existing E-CRT.5 for a $100.
Old 01-13-2010, 12:58 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xxxtruck View Post
Got mine on order waiting on it to come in. I have bought the SC10 body. The aluminum steering ackerman. For tires goosebumps, bowties, and calibers, mounted on white jc rims. Is there any thing else I need to buy so I can be ready when it gets here. I have tekin RS PRO and 6.5 would like to do the big motor but tekin only has a 2650kv for their highest motor.
Tekin 2650??? Make sure you have a large supply of replacement parts. This is the reason I see so many SC 4wd's break. It's not an 1/8th scale. It's not built like a tank, like the RC8, 8ight, etc. I see way too many overpowered over-abused SC 4x4's and they are breaking all the time.
Old 01-13-2010, 02:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

If I am running a MMPro on 2s 40C lipos what is a better motor choice, the Novak 6.5HV or the 5.5HV?
Old 01-13-2010, 02:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

I have a question about the shocks. I have put new fluid in my front shocks and after 1 race day they were almost empty and leaked out the top. How can i stop them from leaking and is there another shock that matches up to these that i could use. I have been in the sport for 6 years so it is not a rookie mistake. Never had shocks leak this bad.
Old 01-13-2010, 03:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by litlemac26 View Post
I have a question about the shocks. I have put new fluid in my front shocks and after 1 race day they were almost empty and leaked out the top. How can i stop them from leaking and is there another shock that matches up to these that i could use. I have been in the sport for 6 years so it is not a rookie mistake. Never had shocks leak this bad.
With the Traxxas slash, we had to wrap teflon tape on the threads (aluminum caps) to stop the leaking. Might give a couple of wraps a try.
Old 01-13-2010, 03:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Kings Kid View Post
With the Traxxas slash, we had to wrap teflon tape on the threads (aluminum caps) to stop the leaking. Might give a couple of wraps a try.
Ill try that. Looks like it is leaking where the cap and mount join together. Not at the threads but ill try anything at this point. Thanks KID.
Old 01-13-2010, 03:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by litlemac26 View Post
Ill try that. Looks like it is leaking where the cap and mount join together. Not at the threads but ill try anything at this point. Thanks KID.
If it's leaking out of the seam between the aluminum cap ring and the plastic eyelet the bladders are probably bad. Replacing them should solve the problem. There shouldn't be any oil above the bladder to begin with that could leak out of that seam. It's also possible that you didn't get the bladders seated correctly when you built the shocks. If they don't seat perfectly or you get them sideways at all they will leak. I know I have done that before.
Old 01-13-2010, 09:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigbeej View Post
If I am running a MMPro on 2s 40C lipos what is a better motor choice, the Novak 6.5HV or the 5.5HV?
Any of you guys running HV's got any advice?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.