Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Thanks Larry.

Harry
Old 01-08-2010, 03:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default Servo Saver

So, is the optional all aluminum servo saver assembly necessary for this truck? One local at our track got his Jammin and broke the stock setup first night out. He said he had read that quite a few say it is necessary.

I hope not because at $110.00 for everything is pretty high.

I am trying to decide between this Jammin and the Ofna.
Old 01-08-2010, 04:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

what is the part # for alum steering
Old 01-08-2010, 04:09 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

OFN40894

Originally Posted by xxxtruck View Post
Old 01-08-2010, 04:35 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xxxtruck View Post
http://www.nitrohouse.com/catalog/pr...ducts_id=12517
Old 01-08-2010, 04:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RandyJones View Post
So, is the optional all aluminum servo saver assembly necessary for this truck? One local at our track got his Jammin and broke the stock setup first night out. He said he had read that quite a few say it is necessary.

I hope not because at $110.00 for everything is pretty high.

I am trying to decide between this Jammin and the Ofna.

The cnc servo saver is very nice but super expensive. And if you do break a part it will most likely be the servo saver arm that attaches to the servo tierod. And this part is plastic in either configuration (stock or the optional cnc kit). So keep some of those plastic parts as spares.

Old 01-08-2010, 05:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I would not say it's a necessary part. Like shark said the part that is going to break is the upper servo saver part. It's plastic in both setups, so it doesn't really help to have the $100 aluminum bell cranks. One steering part I WOULD say is necessary is the aluminum drag link, and at $15 it's a lot more affordable as well.

http://www.nitrohouse.com/catalog/pr...ducts_id=12518
Old 01-08-2010, 05:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

Now that you guys have ran the truck a bit do you think a MMpro ESC with a Novak Ballistic 8.5T motor would be enough to push this truck without heat issues and with good speed and torque?
Old 01-08-2010, 05:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Thanks Shark for the info.

+1 on the optional drag link, $15 you can't go wrong.

Now to decide which truck I want? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..
Old 01-08-2010, 07:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Ok I finally got a set of Proline zero offset wheels that I wanted to try out on my Jammin. Not that the stock wheels/tires are bad, I would just like a few more options regarding tread and compounds. I fitted the Prolines and they are about the same width but about 1/4" taller. I read where Chad runs his shocks higher to compensate, but since I am running modified Jato shocks I moved the shock bottoms to the outer hole and it made the truck sit about the same (ride height) and I gained most of my droop back. The tires fit perfectly inside the stock body, but they do rub slightly at the top and when the wheels are at full lock. I raised the body mount one notch and no more rubbing. One thing I did notice is the Jammin's track is much narrower than a Slash 4x4, almost an inch. This has nothing to do with the Prolines and I know the Jammin sits lower which helps, but it will be interesting to see how it handles now.

Proline on the left, stock Jammin on the right

Proline with truck at rest

Suspension fully compressed

Left full lock, suspension fully compressed

Right full lock, suspension fully compressed

Front view

Difference in widht between the Jammin and Slash 4x4 and no they are not making a Jammash 4x4.
Old 01-08-2010, 08:41 PM
CAK
Tech Adept

Location: Breaking the land speed record with my 4.5HV in Kingwood, TX
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Shark413 View Post
Ok I finally got a set of Proline zero offset wheels that I wanted to try out on my Jammin. Not that the stock wheels/tires are bad, I would just like a few more options regarding tread and compounds. I fitted the Prolines and they are about the same width but about 1/4" taller. I read where Chad runs his shocks higher to compensate, but since I am running modified Jato shocks I moved the shock bottoms to the outer hole and it made the truck sit about the same (ride height) and I gained most of my droop back. The tires fit perfectly inside the stock body, but they do rub slightly at the top and when the wheels are at full lock. I raised the body mount one notch and no more rubbing. One thing I did notice is the Jammin's track is much narrower than a Slash 4x4, almost an inch. This has nothing to do with the Prolines and I know the Jammin sits lower which helps, but it will be interesting to see how it handles now.
Thats why I went with the slash rear wheels, to get some track back. I didn't want to increase it's height without increasing it's width also. Let us know how it performs...
Old 01-08-2010, 09:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

The cnc servo saver is very nice but super expensive. And if you do break a part it will most likely be the servo saver arm that attaches to the servo tierod. And this part is plastic in either configuration (stock or the optional cnc kit). So keep some of those plastic parts as spares.

I broke the plastic rack on mine tonight and had to run the ofna. I had $150 of parts and no plastic servo saver. Oh well live and learn.

Last edited by lastresort; 01-08-2010 at 10:11 PM. Reason: spell check
Old 01-08-2010, 10:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Does anyone by chance know what kind of battery Chad is running in his truck? I know it's a 2s but wondering about the C rating.

Have a guy arguing with me about running a 2s in these trucks on our local forum. Thats why I'm asking the question about the battery.
Old 01-09-2010, 09:53 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

What are you guys doing to keep dirt from coming up through the hole in the chassis under the spur gear?
Old 01-09-2010, 04:27 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

This picture of the Jammin against the Slash really helps me to see the width difference with the O-Offset Proline Wheels.

Please do the same but change out the Prolines with Slash Rears on the Jammin.

Thanks,

Ok I finally got a set of Proline zero offset wheels... ....but it will be interesting to see how it handles now.

Difference in widht between the Jammin and Slash 4x4 and no they are not making a Jammash 4x4.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.