Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Jammin SCRT10 Thread >

Jammin SCRT10 Thread

Jammin SCRT10 Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 04:29 AM
  #601  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 16
Default

Originally Posted by Shark413 View Post
I have used plastic gears on my 1/8's and they didn't last. But I have used my Jammin a couple of times and the spur still looks brand new. I am using a pretty big motor (Neu 1509) on 3s so there is plenty of power going thru the drivetrain.
Hey, thanks for your reply Shark.

Especially good to hear as that's the exact system I'll be running in the CRT.5... Neu 1509 3300kV on 3S.

Can't wait to get it running, should be a blast!

Cheers Mate.
enlighten is offline  
Old 01-08-2010, 07:39 AM
  #602  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (9)
 
GravityJunkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 264
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

I've run plastic spur gears in my brushless CRT X2 and had no problems. I ran one gear most of the summer and it still looks new.

I grabbed a plastic gear for my CRT .5, but I haven't had a chance to put it in yet.
GravityJunkie is offline  
Old 01-08-2010, 07:43 AM
  #603  
Tech Master
iTrader: (20)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,303
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

is 3s going to be allowed when racing ? if so I will go with rx8 and 2650 instead of 1/10 scale stuff.
xxxtruck is offline  
Old 01-08-2010, 08:02 AM
  #604  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 125
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default 3s or 2s - Creating a Ladder

When around discussions with different track director's that are in the middle of this same debate, it always boils down to a 2s cut-off. One thing they don't want to do is water down the classes any more. Many have spoken of creating a better class-ladder for advancing drivers. For example, the SC 2wd class is a great price and entry point for new "novice" racers. The SC 4x4 is the next step in hard racing with "proper chassis" and more advanced competition. Then if you want to be a BIG BOY go 1/8th. Hence, a ladder.

There seems to be a consensus that 3s and above will be left to the 1/8th scalers that want to go BIG, both in size and $$. Check out the development threads here on RCTech and other forum's, they be full of support/team drivers testing/working on 2s power systems.
SouthernMan is offline  
Old 01-08-2010, 08:46 AM
  #605  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (8)
 
dravengary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Odessa Missouri
Posts: 352
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

One last question I am mainly wanting to make sure I can make a 5min. race but I am wondering if a 2cell 4000mah lipo would be big enough? Thanks Gary
dravengary is offline  
Old 01-08-2010, 09:12 AM
  #606  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 237
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by hairdog View Post
Has anyone here ran these witht the Novak setup that nitrohouse is selling. I plan on buying one tomorrow and wanted to hear some reviews before I decided on a roller or this setup.
I have the Novak Havoc Pro/4.5HV setup in mine.I have only run 3 5000 40c packs so far. Motor barely gets warm,on the tight little track I run at, plenty of speed and power. This truck will be a blast when winter is over and I can run it outside on the larger tracks. The only issue I have had with mine is I lost a steering hub screw.
laedco58 is offline  
Old 01-08-2010, 09:41 AM
  #607  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: n.e. ohio
Posts: 892
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by laedco58 View Post
I have the Novak Havoc Pro/4.5HV setup in mine.I have only run 3 5000 40c packs so far. Motor barely gets warm,on the tight little track I run at, plenty of speed and power. This truck will be a blast when winter is over and I can run it outside on the larger tracks. The only issue I have had with mine is I lost a steering hub screw.
what size pinion are you running? locktight. the wheel screws that some are loosing take a dremmel and grind a + on back side of nut, they wont come off. a little trick i learned w/ 1/8.
cbrociuos is offline  
Old 01-08-2010, 09:52 AM
  #608  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 237
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

I'm running a 14T pinion. The screw that came out of my hub is at the pivot point...King pin on a 2wd. Im not sure if lock tight would attack the plastic bushing it screws into. I'll just need to go over the truck between runs and check that everyhing is tight.I haven't had any problems with the wheels coming loose on this truck or my Associated SC10.
laedco58 is offline  
Old 01-08-2010, 09:54 AM
  #609  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (8)
 
dravengary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Odessa Missouri
Posts: 352
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

I am mainly wanting to make sure I can make a 5min. race but I am wondering if a 2cell 4000mah lipo would be big enough? Thanks Gary
dravengary is offline  
Old 01-08-2010, 10:11 AM
  #610  
Registered User
iTrader: (21)
 
snrscion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Garden Grove
Posts: 959
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by dravengary View Post
I am mainly wanting to make sure I can make a 5min. race but I am wondering if a 2cell 4000mah lipo would be big enough? Thanks Gary
You should able to go 6 or 7 min on 4000 pack, I can get 10 min on 5000.
snrscion is offline  
Old 01-08-2010, 10:33 AM
  #611  
CAK
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Breaking the land speed record with my 4.5HV in Kingwood, TX
Posts: 221
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by laedco58 View Post
I'm running a 14T pinion. The screw that came out of my hub is at the pivot point...King pin on a 2wd. Im not sure if lock tight would attack the plastic bushing it screws into. I'll just need to go over the truck between runs and check that everyhing is tight.I haven't had any problems with the wheels coming loose on this truck or my Associated SC10.


Had the same thing happen to mine. The bushing is actually steel, not plastic. I used a SMALL amount of blue locktite. The good thing about the locktite is that screw will not come out, bad thing is you might have to sacrafice the T nut on the inside of the hub. I just ordered a bunch from Nitrohouse as they are cheap.
CAK is offline  
Old 01-08-2010, 10:52 AM
  #612  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (8)
 
dravengary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Odessa Missouri
Posts: 352
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by snrscion View Post
You should able to go 6 or 7 min on 4000 pack, I can get 10 min on 5000.
Thanks
dravengary is offline  
Old 01-08-2010, 11:06 AM
  #613  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 237
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by CAK View Post
Had the same thing happen to mine. The bushing is actually steel, not plastic. I used a SMALL amount of blue locktite. The good thing about the locktite is that screw will not come out, bad thing is you might have to sacrafice the T nut on the inside of the hub. I just ordered a bunch from Nitrohouse as they are cheap.
As soon as I get some more run time on this beast I'll have a better idea of what little items I'll need to have on hand for spares. I have only had it out to the track one time. Race day is tomorrow so I'll bring it to the track again to work on my driving skills and setup. It's the dead of winter where I live with single digit temps and snow and ice...No outdoor play time for me. Until some other 4x4's show up to race against it's just a play toy for me...
laedco58 is offline  
Old 01-08-2010, 12:06 PM
  #614  
Tech Master
iTrader: (33)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Locust Grove,Ga
Posts: 1,183
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Thanks laedco. Thats what I was wondering. Can you post up here after you take it to the track this weekend? I would like to know how the motor combo does.

I'm assuming your using lipo. How many cells? I'm going to be running 2s for racing. Everything I've seen this is the setup for 2s.
hairdog is offline  
Old 01-08-2010, 12:23 PM
  #615  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 237
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by hairdog View Post
Thanks laedco. Thats what I was wondering. Can you post up here after you take it to the track this weekend? I would like to know how the motor combo does.

I'm assuming your using lipo. How many cells? I'm going to be running 2s for racing. Everything I've seen this is the setup for 2s.
I'm running 2s 5000ma 40c packs. I let a couple of really good drivers run it last time out and in capable hands these little trucks can really haul azz. On the tight indoor track we run on after ten minutes there was plenty of battery left and the motor was barely warm. The track opens at 10am tomorrow with racing starting at noon. I'll have plenty of time to run it, and still have time to practice with my 2wd before the race. There will be some other 4wd trucks to race against before too long.
Larry
laedco58 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.