Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Jammin SCRT10 Thread >

Jammin SCRT10 Thread

Jammin SCRT10 Thread

Old 08-08-2009, 12:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AE_SC_Racing View Post
Even the CRT.5 at 1/12 scale, a Neu 1590/1511 is better to use than 540 brushless due to the weight, be interesting to see how much this kit weighs. Ofna said it has a aluminum chassis, be nice to know what motor they were running in that video.
I had a brushless CRT.5 that I ran 2S and a Novak GTB/5.5 and it worked, but was for sure pushing it's limits. So yeh, if the new SCRT10 is a bigger version of the CRT.5, then 3S 1509Neu configs will probably be the play. The aluminum chassis and 3 wet difs lead me to believe this will be the case.....a bigger CRT.5

Side note, OFNA cars are durable!! Owned 2 before.
Old 08-09-2009, 07:23 AM
Tech Adept

As I look at the initial photos it is easy to see that the chassis is lower CG than Slash/Strike. You cannot see the motor behind the rear axle area so it's a mid engine. Judging by the shock angles, lack of rim offset, and the mid engine I would classify this as a 4WD 1/8 scale buggy chassis conversion. At leaset I am hoping it is. This is exactly what I want in an SCT truck. Now I hope it comes as either a rolling chassis or kit. Then I can slap in a nice 8th scale brushless and 4s Lipo and go shread at the local tracks.
Old 08-09-2009, 10:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The best thing with this car and the class is that there will not just be onlt one manufacture from us we will have the Hyper SC10 and the Jammin SCRT 10 so you have a choice of weapons for a class battle till other come into it which I'm sure there will be others from what I'm around the block. I'm happy to see a car like this in our product line I think it's an exciting class I even bought a Slash to have fun with my fellow local racers they looked like they were having too much fun but that didn't last because my boss frowned on me for running a car that was not ours so what happen after that was the process to get one out there so I was jazzed up, yes it leap frogged way over the top but man when you see the Hyper Sc10 running and clearing the longer sections of the track it only made it look like it was a more likeable product. Mr Hasely also stepped up in getting into it but wanted his product to make it more scaled based on wheelbase and size so saying that it's a real 1/10th scale is right it looks so cool sitting on the table but I'm not alowed to touch it right now (like dipping your finger in cake batter mix).
Old 08-09-2009, 02:04 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by -R2- View Post
The best thing with this car and the class is that there will not just be onlt one manufacture from us we will have the Hyper SC10 and the Jammin SCRT 10 so you have a choice of weapons for a class battle till other come into it which I'm sure there will be others from what I'm around the block. I'm happy to see a car like this in our product line I think it's an exciting class I even bought a Slash to have fun with my fellow local racers they looked like they were having too much fun but that didn't last because my boss frowned on me for running a car that was not ours so what happen after that was the process to get one out there so I was jazzed up, yes it leap frogged way over the top but man when you see the Hyper Sc10 running and clearing the longer sections of the track it only made it look like it was a more likeable product. Mr Hasely also stepped up in getting into it but wanted his product to make it more scaled based on wheelbase and size so saying that it's a real 1/10th scale is right it looks so cool sitting on the table but I'm not alowed to touch it right now (like dipping your finger in cake batter mix).
You Suck Just kidding, how about some pics
Old 08-09-2009, 02:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

that's cool DJ.

ever since the days of Kyosho Landmax I've WANTED a desert racer. Its perfect to both bash around on the street and take out to the track.

If these come out and are good/prove themselves, I may sell one of my rides and run this instead
Old 08-09-2009, 06:58 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AE_SC_Racing View Post
You Suck Just kidding, how about some pics
Ya how bout some pix! We wount show anyone!
Old 08-11-2009, 10:49 AM
Tech Elite

Sorry guys there's an alarm around the car when I get close because they know I'll take it and be at West coast or OCRC running it esp. when I painted the truck
Old 08-12-2009, 09:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Do we think these trucks will require the bigger 8th scale electronics, mmm,tekin, and four cell lipo or tenth scale and two cell electronics?
Old 08-12-2009, 09:28 AM
Tech Elite

1/10th scale power will only be needed with the CRt.5 there is alot of juice for that car and this will be just right with still some extra juice left if your going to run 2s in the car.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:26 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by joelwhite View Post
Do we think these trucks will require the bigger 8th scale electronics, mmm,tekin, and four cell lipo or tenth scale and two cell electronics?
I see it like markhat250 and stockslasher...count on needing electronics capable of driving 1/8 buggy. 4S capable ESCs and 60-70mm length 4-pole brushless motors in the 2000-2700 Kv range for good performance and reliability. Probably could make due with the 70mm 2-pole motors in those Kv ranges if things are kept cool. Maybe could work out a 3S system if Kv is high enough to get the RPMs you need for reasonable speed. Seems to me the plastic chassis 1/10 2WD short course trucks are already at the limits of 1/10 truck brushless systems so anything thatís is both heavier and 4WD would need something more.

If this truck becomes popular I can see aftermarket coming out with bumper and body mount kits to convert existing 1/8 buggy to short course trucks. The class could explode pretty quickly.
Old 08-12-2009, 04:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Sorry guys there's an alarm around the car when I get close because they know I'll take it and be at West coast or OCRC running it esp. when I painted the truck
Speaking of paint!! where the hell is my body that you promised a year ago. I know your good but your wait list is killing me lol...??? What's up DJ hows the whole crew doing over there? Tell them I said hello. One more thing, send me that SCT to test out. I'm sure Dave won't mind.

Last edited by gashuffer; 08-13-2009 at 11:20 AM.
Old 08-12-2009, 04:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

1/10th scale power will only be needed with the CRt.5 there is alot of juice for that car and this will be just right with still some extra juice left if your going to run 2s in the car.
I have two E-CRT.5s. One is pretty stock with the stock buggy wheels and a 6.5 or 5.5 moves it around really well at an indoor track. If you run a fan on the esc it will run back to back 2S lipos with no problem. My other e-crt.5 has 1/10 truck wheels, a 40mm longer chassis and 1/8 scale shocks. This one really comes alive on 3S with a Medusa 50mm x 3300kv motor. If you ran a Medusa 50mm x 4800kv on 2S it would be enough for racing, but keep in mind that a Medusa 50mm has way more torque than any true 1/10 scale legal motor.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:10 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by GO-RIDE.com View Post
I have two E-CRT.5s. One is pretty stock with the stock buggy wheels and a 6.5 or 5.5 moves it around really well at an indoor track. If you run a fan on the esc it will run back to back 2S lipos with no problem. My other e-crt.5 has 1/10 truck wheels, a 40mm longer chassis and 1/8 scale shocks. This one really comes alive on 3S with a Medusa 50mm x 3300kv motor. If you ran a Medusa 50mm x 4800kv on 2S it would be enough for racing, but keep in mind that a Medusa 50mm has way more torque than any true 1/10 scale legal motor.
medusa are 4 poles motor,that why are more powerfull,but medusa in now dead!!
Old 08-13-2009, 10:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Originally Posted by killermmn View Post
medusa in now dead!!
Really?

Bottom line, if this is alum chassis, no way 2S 540 can is going to push it along. I think most are saying it is aluminum though. I originally said 3S and still think it could be the play. The shocks are most certainly going to be like the crt.5 and not the big 16mm kind. Just speculating, but I bet that's real close.
Old 08-13-2009, 11:02 AM
Tech Regular

http://www.medusaproducts.com/index.htm

check the message at the main page!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service