Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Jammin SCRT10 Thread >

Jammin SCRT10 Thread

Jammin SCRT10 Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 08:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snrscion View Post
Proline is coming out with a zero offset rims that will work with their tires and it will tuck with the stock Jammin body. Chad Bradly is running that right now you can see it in this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zu_590aEBH4
That was most likely a planned move for joint profit reasons.
Old 12-29-2009, 08:54 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Savage_Racing View Post
Lucky you, it says on their website - on order http://www.ultimatehobbies.com/istar...=OFN34975!1010

Originally Posted by cbrociuos View Post
thanks for the tip bud i just checked they're listed as on order now
Wow, I saw they had one left on the counter after I got mine, but i figured they had more in back, that must have been the last one.
Old 12-29-2009, 10:23 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by crazysavage View Post
That was most likely a planned move for joint profit reasons.
So what, others companies can't make them?
Old 12-30-2009, 03:48 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Shark413 View Post
Tough question and really subjective. Since they just came out I have only driven my Jammin twice and the Slash PE once, so it is hard to really make a call. Right now for me the Jammin is a better racer, it just handles better, is easier to control, lower CG, etc. But I may be slightly bias because I ran a highly modified brushless Jammin CRT.5 for over a year (it is very similar to the SCTRC10). I did have some breakage on the Jammin SCTRC10 so maintenance may be higher. I really didn't get the Slash dialed until the end of the day and was only able to get one pack's worth of runtime before it got to dark to drive. The Traxxas seems more durable, has better availablity (eventually), and I am sure will have a ton of after market parts. Both are great trucks, with their Pros and Cons.
Which part have breakage? Dang, I still stuck between these three, I don't wanna make wrong choice since I need to pay $450 for Jammin & OFNA or $600 for the Slash (shipping cost +tax etc). I mainly going to use one of these truck for racing. What bothering me is these SCT from Jammin and OFNA seems and sounds not really tough as their 1/8 buggies or truggies. My past Jammin' X1CRT PRO is really strong like a tank. No breakage except on engine till I sold it.
Old 12-30-2009, 05:01 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Savage_Racing View Post
So what, others companies can't make them?
So dont say anything and let it happen? I was pointing out that i noticed. Look at losi, they used to be a straight up company but horizon turned them into an after market parts machine. I run a lot of Jammin stuff but i'm not a fan boy of any brand and they should have set the truck up with industry standard wheels but they gambled that we would be robots and buy it anyway.
Old 12-30-2009, 10:03 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I'm not concerned about the breakage. I run a CRT .5, which basically is the same as the SCRT, and I rarely break. Both vehicles share the same arms and suspension. The only thing that breaks on the CRT is the front bumper, which isn't a big deal since it's only the brace that breaks. I leave it broken and run it silly. My CRT is tougher that the 10th scale ST trucks that run the track. Everyone flat out loves my tough little SOB that rips up the track. The SCRT should be no different.
Old 12-30-2009, 11:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GravityJunkie View Post
I'm not concerned about the breakage. I run a CRT .5, which basically is the same as the SCRT, and I rarely break. Both vehicles share the same arms and suspension. The only thing that breaks on the CRT is the front bumper, which isn't a big deal since it's only the brace that breaks. I leave it broken and run it silly. My CRT is tougher that the 10th scale ST trucks that run the track. Everyone flat out loves my tough little SOB that rips up the track. The SCRT should be no different.
+1, I've had my crt.5 for a couple of years and ran it gas and electric and never had any issues with breaking, scrt should be tough, IMO.
Old 12-30-2009, 11:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Krawl View Post
Which part have breakage? Dang, I still stuck between these three, I don't wanna make wrong choice since I need to pay $450 for Jammin & OFNA or $600 for the Slash (shipping cost +tax etc). I mainly going to use one of these truck for racing. What bothering me is these SCT from Jammin and OFNA seems and sounds not really tough as their 1/8 buggies or truggies. My past Jammin' X1CRT PRO is really strong like a tank. No breakage except on engine till I sold it.
You have to remember these are 1/10 scale trucks. 1/8 scale buggies/truggies are much bigger and have stronger parts. The new 4x4 1/10 SC trucks are almost as fast as 1/8 scale but they weight only half as much, so parts are smaller and lighter and won't handle the same abuse a 1/8 can take. But the 1/10 SC's trucks are still very durable compared to other 1/10 scale vehicles. My Slash 4x4 weights about 5lbs, my 1/8 Losi 8ight brushless buggy is about 8lbs, my Losi 8ight brushless truggy weights over 10lbs. On my Jammin I have broken a front bumper upper support, one spindle ballend and the front upper (plastic) suspension support, all small easily fixable, cheap items.
Old 12-30-2009, 12:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by THE DOC View Post
SHARK.

Were racing tonight at HRH, come out and race. Theres about 7 or 8 4x's that are racing.
DOC, yeah I wish I could make it, I had a blast running with you guys last Sunday during open practice. Unfortunetly everybody and their brother is out this week and I am pulling 14 hour shifts during the week to cover for them. May be I'll be able to make it out there after the holidays. What are they running on Tuesday's Ofna's, Jammin's and/or Slash 4x4's?
Old 12-30-2009, 06:03 PM
CAK
Tech Adept

Location: Breaking the land speed record with my 4.5HV in Kingwood, TX
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Small Issue

I've run into a small issue using the standard 4.2 SC tires (proline bowties) on my Jammin. It appears with the added height of the tires the front shocks now bottom out just before the chassis. Should this cause me any concern?

I thought about moving the shock up one whole and adjusting preload for ride height but my droop will be affected.

Any thoughts/ opinions would be appreciated. I wonder what Chad Bradley did with his Calibers.
Old 12-30-2009, 07:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Shark413 View Post
DOC, yeah I wish I could make it, I had a blast running with you guys last Sunday during open practice. Unfortunetly everybody and their brother is out this week and I am pulling 14 hour shifts during the week to cover for them. May be I'll be able to make it out there after the holidays. What are they running on Tuesday's Ofna's, Jammin's and/or Slash 4x4's?
We had a good time. We had 9 4wds in the main. And we still have 3 4wds that were not there. I've got a freind that has 2 slash's and 1 ofna. and he races on saturdays. He's trying to get us out there to race instead of tuesday nights
Old 12-31-2009, 11:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Racing at WCRC was intense! Both trucks looked great and most I witnessed were box stock! Even the tires!

Short course 4x4 open will be the hot class to race in 2010!!
Old 12-31-2009, 03:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 135 (100%+)

Just finished the new SCRT10 today (Thanks Ultimate Hobbies!). Mods so far are big bores and alloy shock towers stolen from my CRT.5. I'm running a Novak HV 4.5 with the kit pinion and the HV speed control on 2S. Steering servo is a Hobbico CS170. Can't wait to get it to the track!

Old 12-31-2009, 05:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

video from Tuesday nite

http://www.youtube.com/user/mrbirdma.../0/QUrpc2s4OKI
Old 01-01-2010, 06:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cbrociuos View Post
thanks for the tip bud i just checked they're listed as on order now
As requested...
Attached Thumbnails Jammin SCRT10 Thread-img_1247.jpg  

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.