Jammin SCRT10 Thread >

Jammin SCRT10 Thread

Jammin SCRT10 Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 05:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snrscion View Post
New price for Hyper 10sc body 39.95 at Nitrohouse.com
Where do you see that. I justed looked and the price is 51.96 on sale.
Old 12-28-2009, 05:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by THE DOC View Post
I was at the track with shark, I ran the Ofna, we had 2 at first but broke a cvd on one. I think the Jammin and the Ofna are more set up for racing and the Slash is a good all around truck. Both the Jammin, Ofna and Slash have some parts issues (braking) we have all 3 in our group. I broke both front upper a arms at differant times the first day I drove it, I blame the motor, it was to fast. I was running the 6900 and that thing was FAST!!!!!!!!!!. Had some good crash's. I'm now testing the 5700 motor and I think I like it better than the 6900, at least at the HRH track, the shash was braking some bearing hubs and it likes to high side its self, the Jammin I was told has a glass front bumper. This last past weekend I broke both front body posts, BUT that was due to my kids SC8E (11 LBS) landing on top of me after the triples. And yea the price that Ofna is charging for the body WITH OUT STICKERS is out of control. Looks like I'll be running someone else's body and thats two bad, I like the tall fenders so I can run the body low.
Hey DOC, I had a blast banging fenders with ya. Roger that on the breakage, these things are as fast as my 1/8's and I tend to forget there actually 1/10 and not built like a tank like most 1/8 buggies/truggies. Still they are such a blast to wheel and in my opinion take a little more skill to drive fast compareed to 1/8.
Old 12-28-2009, 05:51 PM
Tech Regular

How funny is this. Since I last posted on what Snrscion said the price was
I went back to check something else and saw a price of 33.96 on the hyper body. I said what the hell, so I called them and said you have 2 differant prices on the body. They said, In the last 10 min we lowerd the price. Still sucks though, with stickers it is 46.67. Dont crash to much or its going to be $$$$$$$.

Originally Posted by Shark413 View Post
Hey DOC, I had a blast banging fenders with ya. Roger that on the breakage, these things are as fast as my 1/8's and I tend to forget there actually 1/10 and not built like a tank like most 1/8 buggies/truggies. Still they are such a blast to wheel and in my opinion take a little more skill to drive fast compareed to 1/8.
Yep, it was fun. come out tuesday nights, we race, or we'll see next sunday.
Old 12-28-2009, 08:06 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Krawl View Post
Where's exactly the center diff located in his Slash? Sorry not familiar yet...
It goes in place of the slipper (in the box next to the motor). Just becuase it is called a centre diff doesn't mean it will be in the centre of the car/drive shaft.

$33.96 but this is the Hong Nor/Ofna one not the Hobao/Jammin one.
http://www.nitrohouse.com/catalog/pr...ducts_id=21706

Originally Posted by lastresort View Post
Ran it today on a small track. 11t on a 5.5t it was very fast.
What 5.5T motor are you running?
Old 12-28-2009, 08:07 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Anyone here been playing around with diff fluids?
Old 12-28-2009, 08:18 PM
Tech Regular

$33.96 but this is the Hong Nor/Ofna one not the Hobao/Jammin one.
http://www.nitrohouse.com/catalog/pr...ducts_id=21706

That is the correct body for the hyper 10sc
Old 12-28-2009, 10:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Would the Ofna body work with standard size SC tires?

What happens when you slap standard size SC tires on the Jammin body? Is it nasty rubbing or can you cut some body away and get it to fit?

I like the look of the Jammin body and would like to actually use it. However, once I run it outdoors, I'd like to get standard size wheels to help with ruts.
Old 12-28-2009, 11:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GravityJunkie View Post

What happens when you slap standard size SC tires on the Jammin body? Is it nasty rubbing or can you cut some body away and get it to fit?
I think this has been covered and the answer is no. That is why people are trying Associated SC10 bodies on thier Jammin's after they do bigger wheels.

THIS THREAD MAKES MY HEAD SPIN!! I'm kinda leaning Slash now cuz I KNOW it will be EASY to own, get parts, bash, take a beating, handle well, etc. The Jammin seems really nice but not sure why I am geting cold feet. Seems like others here are fixing the issue by just buying both, or all 3
Old 12-29-2009, 06:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

+1 on the above post. I like the Jammin, hell I like all three, but if you don't live within driving distance of Nitrohouse what's going to be easier to own and just as much fun? The Slash. Every hobby shop will have parts, even the Pep Boys in my area sell the Slash, and I live in a huge metro area. I loved my Ofna's, but somebody dropped the ball after the Hyper 8.5 and Hyper St. Stuff now is nowhere nearly as tough. Look at the top ten from the worlds 1/8th buggy race, no Hyper 9, but there was an 8.5.

Sorry for the rant but after careful consideration and actually owing the Hyper 10SC the Slash gets my vote. Just wish it was a true roller version, I have all the electronics I will need for it and selling stuff on here is friggin stressful.
Old 12-29-2009, 07:19 AM
Tech Master

Anyone have measurements for the SC10 body? Front/rear width at the fenders.

I mounted a Slayer body and the tires seem to tuck in fine. Running HPI Blitz rims with Proline Caliper tires.

Measurements across the fenders.

Jammin 10 1/4"F 10 1/4"R
Slayer 11 1/4"F 11 1/2"R
Old 12-29-2009, 10:41 AM

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Check again.
Old 12-29-2009, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Savage_Racing View Post
Anyone here been playing around with diff fluids?
Well out of the box is 3,5,1 and that what I am still running.
Old 12-29-2009, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by GravityJunkie View Post

I like the look of the Jammin body and would like to actually use it. However, once I run it outdoors, I'd like to get standard size wheels to help with ruts.

Proline is coming out with a zero offset rims that will work with their tires and it will tuck with the stock Jammin body. Chad Bradly is running that right now you can see it in this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zu_590aEBH4
Old 12-29-2009, 12:32 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by R40Victim View Post
In the back, right by the motor. Its layout closely resembles the Hyper 9E.
Originally Posted by Shark413 View Post
It is attached to the spur so it sits in the rear just ahead of the rear diff. See the yellow circle in the picture, thats where it sits under a plastic cover.

I see thanks, so unlike 1/8 buggy / truggy where the center diff is located exactly at the center of chassis, btw Shark413, for serious racing is this SCRT10 worth buying than the Slash 4X4PE?
Old 12-29-2009, 01:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Krawl View Post
I see thanks, so unlike 1/8 buggy / truggy where the center diff is located exactly at the center of chassis, btw Shark413, for serious racing is this SCRT10 worth buying than the Slash 4X4PE?
Tough question and really subjective. Since they just came out I have only driven my Jammin twice and the Slash PE once, so it is hard to really make a call. Right now for me the Jammin is a better racer, it just handles better, is easier to control, lower CG, etc. But I may be slightly bias because I ran a highly modified brushless Jammin CRT.5 for over a year (it is very similar to the SCTRC10). I did have some breakage on the Jammin SCTRC10 so maintenance may be higher. I really didn't get the Slash dialed until the end of the day and was only able to get one pack's worth of runtime before it got to dark to drive. The Traxxas seems more durable, has better availablity (eventually), and I am sure will have a ton of after market parts. Both are great trucks, with their Pros and Cons.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.