Wiki Posts
Search

Jammin SCRT10 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 11:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Krawl
Any comparison result between Jammin SCRT10 vs Slash 4X4 with center diff installed?
The Traxxas is a great truck and a lot of fun but for me the Jammin is a better racer (on the track). It handles a little better, is easier to drive fast, etc. One thing about the Traxxas truck if you race you need the center diff, it is night and day regarding the handling with the diff installed.
He already did.
Old 12-28-2009, 12:11 PM
Tech Master

Almost ready for some onroad testing. Waiting for batteries.

Old 12-28-2009, 12:34 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snrscion
which body did you look at that was 52$. The Jammin body is only 34.95 with sticker sheet 40937.
I think he was looking at the Ofna 10sc body

http://www.nitrohouse.com/catalog/pr...ducts_id=21706
Old 12-28-2009, 12:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Shark, I'm holding you responsible. I'm doing the Jammin (or Hyper) over the Slash. I'm kidding, but you convinced me.

The Slash vidz are out now and it looks very "Slash". A fun SC yes, but every vid of the Jammin/Ofna looks like what you said to me....better going faster and you can push it hard!! The Slash looks like it can get "un-planted" pretty quick.

I guess now it comes down to Hyper or Jammin. So let me get this straight...the Hyper comes with your typical Slash style SC tires? Only the Jammin has the oddball size? I'm not disputing the Jammin's tire capabilities here, just size.

and wow!! $52 for a clear Hyper body? Dang!!
Old 12-28-2009, 01:08 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by R40Victim
He already did.
Where's exactly the center diff located in his Slash? Sorry not familiar yet...
Old 12-28-2009, 01:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

In the back, right by the motor. Its layout closely resembles the Hyper 9E.
Old 12-28-2009, 01:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

It is attached to the spur so it sits in the rear just ahead of the rear diff. See the yellow circle in the picture, thats where it sits under a plastic cover.

Old 12-28-2009, 01:23 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by markhat250
Shark, I'm holding you responsible. I'm doing the Jammin (or Hyper) over the Slash. I'm kidding, but you convinced me.

The Slash vidz are out now and it looks very "Slash". A fun SC yes, but every vid of the Jammin/Ofna looks like what you said to me....better going faster and you can push it hard!! The Slash looks like it can get "un-planted" pretty quick.

I guess now it comes down to Hyper or Jammin. So let me get this straight...the Hyper comes with your typical Slash style SC tires? Only the Jammin has the oddball size? I'm not disputing the Jammin's tire capabilities here, just size.

I guess I should have put a disclaimer on my post, lol. But the Slash does seem like it is a bit more durable. The Jammin/Ofna are more capable racers but a bit more fragile being designed to be lighter. I have broken the front/rear bumpers and one steering ballend. My Jammin is way over powered and a bit heavier than most which probably contributed to the breakage (plus my bad driving). The Ofna has really cool aluminum center driveshafts.
Old 12-28-2009, 01:27 PM
Tech Master

Yes the Ofna uses "standard" (Slash sized) wheels/tires and the Jammin uses slightly smaller (more scale) wheels/tires. It can be coverted, but it actually handles pretty good with the smaller tires. I just hope Proline comes out with some replacements. Jammin customer service has been outstanding, they answered all my questions and were very interested in my bumper problem.
Old 12-28-2009, 01:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I was at the track with shark, I ran the Ofna, we had 2 at first but broke a cvd on one. I think the Jammin and the Ofna are more set up for racing and the Slash is a good all around truck. Both the Jammin, Ofna and Slash have some parts issues (braking) we have all 3 in our group. I broke both front upper a arms at differant times the first day I drove it, I blame the motor, it was to fast. I was running the 6900 and that thing was FAST!!!!!!!!!!. Had some good crash's. I'm now testing the 5700 motor and I think I like it better than the 6900, at least at the HRH track, the shash was braking some bearing hubs and it likes to high side its self, the Jammin I was told has a glass front bumper. This last past weekend I broke both front body posts, BUT that was due to my kids SC8E (11 LBS) landing on top of me after the triples. And yea the price that Ofna is charging for the body WITH OUT STICKERS is out of control. Looks like I'll be running someone else's body and thats two bad, I like the tall fenders so I can run the body low.
Old 12-28-2009, 02:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Is anybody tuning on the slash to get it to handle better or just taking as it is? I'm on the fence with the Jammin and the slash platnum.
Old 12-28-2009, 02:33 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by snrscion
which body did you look at that was 52$. The Jammin body is only 34.95 with sticker sheet 40937.
Please tell me where a person can one buy one of these $35 bodies. SC10 body @ Nitrohouse (OFN21136) is $52
Old 12-28-2009, 02:40 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by crazysavage
Is anybody tuning on the slash to get it to handle better or just taking as it is? I'm on the fence with the Jammin and the slash platnum.
I would say if your racing hear and there and like to beat the truck, get the slash. if your really into racing get the jammin. I dont really think the ofna and the jammin are strong enought to beat on.
Old 12-28-2009, 02:42 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by nitroexpress
Please tell me where a person can one buy one of these $35 bodies. SC10 body @ Nitrohouse (OFN21136) is $52

SC10 body. $29.95

http://www.impaktrc.com
Old 12-28-2009, 04:20 PM

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

New price for Hyper 10sc body 39.95 at Nitrohouse.com

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.