Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Jammin SCRT10 Thread >

Jammin SCRT10 Thread

Jammin SCRT10 Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 10:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

So the Jammin has it's OWN wheels? I know they are trying to make it true to scale as possible, but they abandoned the standard? Hmmm.

I heard this is what took the Jammin so long to get released. They were waiting on production of a completley new tire.

Also, the parts availability is making me a little nervous.

So does the OFNA Hyper have the same situation? I'm not sure I want a "one off" SC truck. May have to reconsider the Hyper or even the Slash.

Any thoughts?
Old 12-21-2009, 10:50 AM
CAK
Tech Adept

Location: Breaking the land speed record with my 4.5HV in Kingwood, TX
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I spoke with Ofna regarding the size situation with the Jammin. According to DJ, Slash rear wheel offset with regular sized SCT tires and a slash/proline body brings it to regular size. Just the "Factory" body and wheels are a bit smaller. Since most will replace the body and wheels anyway I see this as a non-issue. DJ did say that the factory wheels hook up and to try that first before making changes. I get mine today and will take some measurements.
Old 12-21-2009, 10:52 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by markhat250 View Post
So the Jammin has it's OWN wheels? I know they are trying to make it true to scale as possible, but they abandoned the standard? Hmmm.

I heard this is what took the Jammin so long to get released. They were waiting on production of a completley new tire.

Also, the parts availability is making me a little nervous.

So does the OFNA Hyper have the same situation? I'm not sure I want a "one off" SC truck. May have to reconsider the Hyper or even the Slash.

Any thoughts?
It is a kind of a bummer about the non-standard wheels, but I think the smaller wheels will make the Jammin more durable. I ran 2.2 truck wheels on my E-CRT.5 and they took a toll on parts compared to the stock buggy wheels that came on it.

As for parts I never had problems getting crt.5 parts from Nitrohouse or Amain.
Old 12-21-2009, 01:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I can appreciate Jammin wanting to keep it scale, but stepping outside of the class specs doesn't make a lot of sense. Now I need to figure out whether I am willing to purchase another body, tires and wheels just to meet specs.
Old 12-21-2009, 01:29 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by GO-RIDE.com View Post
It is a kind of a bummer about the non-standard wheels, but I think the smaller wheels will make the Jammin more durable. I ran 2.2 truck wheels on my E-CRT.5 and they took a toll on parts compared to the stock buggy wheels that came on it.

As for parts I never had problems getting crt.5 parts from Nitrohouse or Amain.
Yeah they seem to be the only 2. Tower don't carry many parts no more. Notice they got the SCRT10 for $356, wonder if the price will drop?
Old 12-21-2009, 01:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCZILLA View Post
Yeah they seem to be the only 2. Tower don't carry many parts no more. Notice they got the SCRT10 for $356, wonder if the price will drop?
I'm sure Tower will work on getting some of the more popular parts back into their system to sell, it will just take some time.
Old 12-21-2009, 05:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

i want to get one of these. our local tracks are talking now to see if they will allow them to run w/ the slash 4x4. if they say i can race it hopefull i can get in on the jan. 5 shipment. has anyone noticed any durabillity issues w/ the scrt10 or is it pretty solid so far? ive been reading the ofna hyper thread and they sound prone to breakage. has anyone tryed the 4 rear slash wheels for fitment? want to make sure that will work w/ the slash body, the tracks around here may ban a smaller tire. people sure are rule happy when it comes to corr. thanks for any input
Old 12-21-2009, 06:02 PM
Tech Master

Any local Jammin's OCRC Wed night racing!!! Should be a decent turnout.
Old 12-21-2009, 06:25 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Manufacturercup View Post
Nitrohouse is located in the same warehouse as OFNA so they always get the parts in first.

i should get my car any day and will check the wheel thing right when i get it.

Aslo chad bradley is running the car right out of the box. the only change was shock oil
setup...
diffs 3k front, 3k center, 1k rear
shocks 45wt front (losi oil)
30wt rear
pistons small 2 hole
spring white
down travel full front and rear
tires stock
inserts stock
Going by the manual the diffs are 5K Front 7K Centre 1K Rear
Old 12-21-2009, 10:54 PM
Tech Rookie

Default turning radius

can anyone tell me if the jammin turns tighter then the ofna? i have the ofna now and i race indoor smaller real tight track and my ofna just sucks. i have done some dremel grinding and got some more steering out of it but not nearly enough for some of the tight turns we have.
Old 12-21-2009, 11:44 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Chevy SC10 View Post
can anyone tell me if the jammin turns tighter then the ofna? i have the ofna now and i race indoor smaller real tight track and my ofna just sucks. i have done some dremel grinding and got some more steering out of it but not nearly enough for some of the tight turns we have.

I don't have a SCRT10 yet, but I do have a 40mm longer than stock E-CRT.5 and it turns sharper than any rc vehicle I've ever seen. All of my setup changes were trying to take steering out of the crt.5 and that was on a tight indoor track.
Old 12-22-2009, 12:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default Tire Update

The stock wheels/tires actually worked pretty well on the blue groove track I run on. But it was bugging me that I couldn't use the Slash proline wheels/tires (I have several new sets). So I was sitting there and I remembered that on my CRT.5 I ran Associated truck wheels by removing the 12mm hex and just using the pin. "Light Blub" well I have some old Proline Bead Loc's off my SC10 sitting right there so I pulled off the hexes and installed the SC10 wheels. They actually fit pretty good, and cleared the body (at least in the track). I am not sure how they will clear in the up/down range when the suspension bottoms out since they are bigger in diameter. The larger size may also require regearing and will effect the handling (higher CG, more mass, etc.) but I will try to get out on the track this weekend and run some tests.

Tires (Stocker on left, Proline SC10 on the right)

Proline under full compression in the rear.

stocker Jammin under full compression

Here is a shot of the axle with the hex removed

Parts, you need to add a few spacers, otherwise when you tighten the wheel it will bind on the carrier.

size comparison of the mounted wheels/tires.

Last edited by Shark413; 12-22-2009 at 12:59 AM.
Old 12-22-2009, 12:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

I wish a Jammin rep would get on here and clear up the wheel thing.

Does the SCRT10 accept 4 rear Slash/Blitz wheels? if so....

once they are on, what is the width compared to the Slash or Blitz?

I posted this almost the same time as the above post. I actually thought that the new wheels were WIDER, not SHORTER. So the WIDTH is still the same?
Old 12-22-2009, 08:13 AM
Tech Rookie

GO_RIDE thanks for the response iam gonna get rid of my ofna and go with this. i like the looks much better and sounds like it will be a better truck for small tight tracks
Old 12-22-2009, 08:26 AM
Tech Addict

I like the fact that Jammin kept this truck "true scale", it might be a headache with the standard of tires that the others have set, but it definitely looks better and is a spitting image of the SC8--which IMO is THE BEST SC truck--So the Jammin should run and perform VERY similar to the SC8 (Kudos)--just in a slightly smaller package....

Shark413--the only thing I would watch for is stripping out the wheels using the pin directly to the wheel method...The Jammin will have more power then an SC10, and the SC10 wheels are prone to wheel stripping with high power brushless systems installed....Just a heads up for ya...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.