Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Jammin SCRT10 Thread >

Jammin SCRT10 Thread

Jammin SCRT10 Thread

Old 12-20-2009, 03:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I won't have my truck till wendesday. I assume an sc10 body would fit the jammin and allow clearance for fullsize sc tires. If so I'll get to paintin. Nitrohouse listed hyper 10sc wheels as a part for the jammin does anyone know if the offset is the same?
Old 12-20-2009, 03:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Integra View Post
a wire link style anchorman is surely better then a plastic one...but why cant they just make a mini alum link like the 1/8 version's...make's no sense to have a plastic one.

I Own a .5....I know how crappy the front upper arms are.....its why you swap them out for Ti rods and ball ends on both sides....i guess with the big bumper's n what not the front end would be a little more durable vs the .5

I agree that the plastic drag link is garbage. However they do offer an aluminum version available for $15. IMO it should come standard, but $15 isn't too bad.

http://www.nitrohouse.com/catalog/pr...ducts_id=12518

Back when I had a .5 the only durability issue I had was the plastic shock cap inserts. I think the .5 is a pretty good platform to base these trucks on. IMO it's a lot stronger than other 1/10 size trucks.
Old 12-20-2009, 04:38 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY View Post
I agree that the plastic drag link is garbage. However they do offer an aluminum version available for $15. IMO it should come standard, but $15 isn't too bad.

Back when I had a .5 the only durability issue I had was the plastic shock cap inserts. I think the .5 is a pretty good platform to base these trucks on. IMO it's a lot stronger than other 1/10 size trucks.

Interesting..never knew they had an alum version.......i ended up making a carbon anchorman and called it a day.....i also had issues with the shocks..stupid plastic caps......I feel as though the losi 10T is a significantly better designed mini truggy vs the .5
Old 12-20-2009, 07:42 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Integra View Post
Plastic steering components were a big one....Im at least glad to see they didn't go the Micro servo then Ohh 1 micro 1 standard Oh oh now lets go dual standard and change the length of the chassis and Oh my Slap the consumer in the face some more why dont you. sorry that's how i remember that going down.

the shocks on the .5 were on the small side and it appears they didn't change for this one....the upper arm links tend to bend and take out the arm with it....Plastic Anchorman common are you serious.

next would be the Excessively overpriced hopup's....seriously.... 100$ for a steering rack... and the alum knuckles and hubs are More expensive then some of the 1/8 version's which make's no sense....and to add to that All parts aren't available Everywhere Except from Nitro House.....hrmm...any one else find that Fishy....I sure do.
Parts only from Nitrohouse? Not when the internet is working. Where you been?

http://stores.ebay.com/BAY-CITY-HOBBIES
http://www.impaktrc.com/index.php?cPath=151_146

Concerning plastic components. I've never broken a drag link, knuckle or hub. I did replace some plastic items with CNC, but it was probably not cost effective.
Old 12-20-2009, 08:49 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by nitroexpress View Post
Parts only from Nitrohouse? Not when the internet is working. Where you been?

http://stores.ebay.com/BAY-CITY-HOBBIES
http://www.impaktrc.com/index.php?cPath=151_146

Concerning plastic components. I've never broken a drag link, knuckle or hub. I did replace some plastic items with CNC, but it was probably not cost effective.

check out ALL the parts that Nitro House doesn't have pics for...like all the bumper's and Strictly SCRT10 stuff...you wont find it anywhere...google the part #'s and it comes up with Nothing nadda squat.

if you didn't break anything you got lucky to say the least....give that anchorman a flex..you'll see how easily it could fail....steering knuckles and hubs are another somewhat weak point if you ask me.
Old 12-20-2009, 11:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by -R2- View Post
Shark- try it with the tires first the car responds well no need for a tire change at this point unless your track is way too loamy, plus if you add that tire your going to need a Pro-line body the tires will not clear the SCRT10 body without chopping out fenders.
R2, your right about the stock wheels/tires they worked well on the track.
Old 12-20-2009, 11:47 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Beadlock View Post
From what I understand, the truck is narrower than the others, so a different body wouldn't fit well. Someone who has one could measure to be sure.
Yes the Jammin is smaller than the Slash, Blitz, etc.
Old 12-21-2009, 12:07 AM
Tech Master

I got my truck on the track today and I was very impressed. It handled and felt more like a smaller/lighter 1/8 scale buggy. My truck was probably over powered, but I am used to it (ran the same setup in my CRT.5) and was able to control it. But a smaller motor on 2s would be lighter so I may try that setup. There were several new Slash 4x4's, 1/8 buggy/truggies and regular 1/10 SC trucks on the track (open practice). The RTR Slash 4x4 was pretty nice and it was close in speed/handling to the Jammin on a small track. It was kind of fun to be able to hang with some of the 1/8 buggy/truggies. Until one took exception and blasted me in one of the high speed sweepers and took out my rear bumper. I had so much fun with my Jammin my SC10 never left the car and my 1/8's barely got used. The wheels/tires (smaller size) worked out ok on the local track but the lack of selection/standardization is a negative in my opinion. The bumper plastic is a little brittle and I broke the left/rear bumper (rammed by a truggy) and upper front bumper ( I let several friends try it out and some of them were not used to the power/speed and there were a few lawndarts) so not really the trucks fault, and nothing else broke.
Old 12-21-2009, 05:56 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY View Post

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ofna-Jammin-CRT-...item3ca246e724

$9.00 CNC drag link
Old 12-21-2009, 06:31 AM
CAK
Tech Adept

Location: Breaking the land speed record with my 4.5HV in Kingwood, TX
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Shark413 View Post
Yes the Jammin is smaller than the Slash, Blitz, etc.
How much smaller? Small enough to where another body wont fit it without looking wierd?
Old 12-21-2009, 07:00 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by nitroexpress View Post

that's a toe plate...not an anchorman.
Old 12-21-2009, 07:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Guys i need some help!!!. This is my very first electric and my Jammin will be here on the 23rd.. With that said i donnt know what setup up to run. I was going to get the Novak Havok 6.5 brushless esc combo, but i read in this thread that some people are only getting 10 minutes of runtime off the packs.. Is this correct? I thought lipo bats would extend run times? Another guy stated to run the 1/8 scale setup and the runtimes will improve.. I am so confused. I just want to run my jammin longer than 10-15 minutes per battery. Will the 1/8 scale motor and esc combo be overkill for this truclk? Has anyone tried it yet? thanks for listening..
Old 12-21-2009, 07:48 AM
Tech Rookie

Default turing radius

can anyone tell me if the jammin turns tighter then the ofna? i have the ofna now and i race indoor smaller real tight track and my ofna just sucks. i have done some dremel grinding and got some more steering out of it but not nearly enough for some of the tight turns we have.
Old 12-21-2009, 09:24 AM
Tech Regular

Nitrohouse is located in the same warehouse as OFNA so they always get the parts in first.

i should get my car any day and will check the wheel thing right when i get it.

Aslo chad bradley is running the car right out of the box. the only change was shock oil
setup...
diffs 3k front, 3k center, 1k rear
shocks 45wt front (losi oil)
30wt rear
pistons small 2 hole
spring white
down travel full front and rear
tires stock
inserts stock
Old 12-21-2009, 09:32 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by CAK View Post
How much smaller? Small enough to where another body wont fit it without looking wierd?
I dropped my buddies Blitz body on top of the Jammin and there was may be 1/4" of space all the way around. So I think other bodies should fit.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.