Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Jammin SCRT10 Thread >

Jammin SCRT10 Thread

Jammin SCRT10 Thread

Old 12-20-2009, 09:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R-E-A-P-E-R- View Post
That isn't a small difference in tires. Its a huge difference in tires...
So I read a few posts back a little closer...

If you want to use "standard" 1/10 SC tires, you need to purchase a different body?
Old 12-20-2009, 09:33 AM
CAK
Tech Adept

Location: Breaking the land speed record with my 4.5HV in Kingwood, TX
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Woulda been nice to know...

So all the people with stacks of STANDARD SCT tires now need to buy a new body? Jeeze.
Old 12-20-2009, 09:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CAK View Post
So all the people with stacks of STANDARD SCT tires now need to buy a new body? Jeeze.
I'm patiently waiting for someone with more first hand knowledge than myself to tell me Jammin didn't decide to create their own "tire standard."
Old 12-20-2009, 09:51 AM
CAK
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by celt View Post
I'm patiently waiting for someone with more first hand knowledge than myself to tell me Jammin didn't decide to create their own "tire standard."
Exactly, especially with all the tire choices they offer (1)...Why not just have a standard? It worked for AE, HPI, Losi, Traxxas, Ofna...
Old 12-20-2009, 10:17 AM
Tech Addict

I'm not sure. If you look here: http://www.nitrohouse.com/catalog/in...05_426&&page=2

Standard SCT tires are an optional/hop-up part.
Old 12-20-2009, 10:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I wouldn't knock anything about it until you've tried it... These guys don't appear to be stupid and I would think that everything they put on the truck is there for a reason.

My $.02
Old 12-20-2009, 10:56 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

imo the CRT .5 lacked in many area's.....this truck isn't much different from initial appearances.
Old 12-20-2009, 11:11 AM
CAK
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Integra View Post
imo the CRT .5 lacked in many area's.....this truck isn't much different from initial appearances.
Care to expand?
Old 12-20-2009, 11:15 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

From what I understand, the truck is narrower than the others, so a different body wouldn't fit well. Someone who has one could measure to be sure.
Old 12-20-2009, 11:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Beadlock View Post
From what I understand, the truck is narrower than the others, so a different body wouldn't fit well. Someone who has one could measure to be sure.
The Jammin is an inch narrower than the Ofna according to the specs on Tower.
Old 12-20-2009, 11:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by celt View Post
Not sure what to say?
Attached Thumbnails Jammin SCRT10 Thread-p1010051-1.jpg  
Old 12-20-2009, 11:57 AM
CAK
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Crawler View Post
The Jammin is an inch narrower than the Ofna according to the specs on Tower.
Actually it's .5 inch. Jammin is 10.5" and the Ofna is 11". Thats as simple as wheel offset. 1/4 inch on either side makes them the same. Since we dont know what the offset is thats all it could be. Wish we could get some measurements from those that have them. Also, is that a body measurement or wheel measurement? The body could be 1/4 narrower on either side for the jammin.
Old 12-20-2009, 12:53 PM
Tech Lord

Care to expand?

Plastic steering components were a big one....Im at least glad to see they didn't go the Micro servo then Ohh 1 micro 1 standard Oh oh now lets go dual standard and change the length of the chassis and Oh my Slap the consumer in the face some more why dont you. sorry that's how i remember that going down.

the shocks on the .5 were on the small side and it appears they didn't change for this one....the upper arm links tend to bend and take out the arm with it....Plastic Anchorman common are you serious.

next would be the Excessively overpriced hopup's....seriously.... 100$ for a steering rack... and the alum knuckles and hubs are More expensive then some of the 1/8 version's which make's no sense....and to add to that All parts aren't available Everywhere Except from Nitro House.....hrmm...any one else find that Fishy....I sure do.
Old 12-20-2009, 02:15 PM
CAK
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Integra View Post
Plastic steering components were a big one....Im at least glad to see they didn't go the Micro servo then Ohh 1 micro 1 standard Oh oh now lets go dual standard and change the length of the chassis and Oh my Slap the consumer in the face some more why dont you. sorry that's how i remember that going down.

the shocks on the .5 were on the small side and it appears they didn't change for this one....the upper arm links tend to bend and take out the arm with it....Plastic Anchorman common are you serious.

next would be the Excessively overpriced hopup's....seriously.... 100$ for a steering rack... and the alum knuckles and hubs are More expensive then some of the 1/8 version's which make's no sense....and to add to that All parts aren't available Everywhere Except from Nitro House.....hrmm...any one else find that Fishy....I sure do.
Arms on the small side for a 1/10 scale truck? looking at the arms both upper and lower I would have to say they look a bit more substantial than the Ofna Hyper. Also, have you seen the drag link on the Ofna...it's a wire rod.

I will agree that the option parts are WAY overpriced (whats up Jammin/Nitrohouse?). It would be nice to keep the option parts competitivly priced with other manufacturers.

As far as it's durability, we will see soon enough now that it's in the hands of the consumer.
Old 12-20-2009, 02:47 PM
Tech Lord

Arms on the small side for a 1/10 scale truck? looking at the arms both upper and lower I would have to say they look a bit more substantial than the Ofna Hyper. Also, have you seen the drag link on the Ofna...it's a wire rod.

I will agree that the option parts are WAY overpriced (whats up Jammin/Nitrohouse?). It would be nice to keep the option parts competitivly priced with other manufacturers.

As far as it's durability, we will see soon enough now that it's in the hands of the consumer.

a wire link style anchorman is surely better then a plastic one...but why cant they just make a mini alum link like the 1/8 version's...make's no sense to have a plastic one.

I Own a .5....I know how crappy the front upper arms are.....its why you swap them out for Ti rods and ball ends on both sides....i guess with the big bumper's n what not the front end would be a little more durable vs the .5

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.