Old 03-28-2010, 06:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

how about part numbers for standoffs and 6 mm eyelets PLease
Old 03-28-2010, 06:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by warpig
I saw Jato shocks on the Ofna truck. One of the local guys tricked his ofna SCT and they look about as perfect as a shock can look. Jato shocks have a wide range of adjustments and are readily available. Just a thought...
Jato shocks don't have anywhere near enough travel to be a good choice.. if you really want a set let me know I was about to toss a set on ebay with a few spring choices as well.. again these have VERY limited travel compared to stock and/or the 8ight shocks..

PS the losi stand off's should work if you pick up a set of shocks off ebay often the stand off's are included. May need to drill out the hole a touch, but easy mod.
Old 03-28-2010, 01:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Losi stand offs are 4mm x 10mm (threads that go into the tower), they will work but pretty sure the towers need to be 4mm thick. The stand off is only threaded to 3.5mm. I have the standoffs and waiting for my shocks and waiting for SNR to get more of the towers out so I can test. Jamminkrazy said the 8ight stand offs would not work because there is not enough material on the towers for the larger hole. Here are the mounts - http://cgi.ebay.com/LOSI-8IGHT-2-0-1...item3cab6159ab

And the 6mm eyelets, I was going to try these - http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXBM12
Old 03-28-2010, 03:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 227 (100%+)
Default ttt

[QUOTE=SaladFork;7197283]Losi stand offs are 4mm x 10mm (threads that go into the tower), they will work but pretty sure the towers need to be 4mm thick. The stand off is only threaded to 3.5mm. I have the standoffs and waiting for my shocks and waiting for SNR to get more of the towers out so I can test. Jamminkrazy said the 8ight stand offs would not work because there is not enough material on the towers for the larger hole. Here are the mounts - http://cgi.ebay.com/LOSI-8IGHT-2-0-1...item3cab6159ab

Don't use those as they are the stock Losi standoffs, unless you ask SNR to make your towers with larger holes already drilled, otherwise run these:

Springs:
LOS 5455
LOS 5456

Caps:
LOSb2809

Standoffs:
OFN40531

Eyelets:
OFN30403

This is everything you need if you plan to run the Losi BB shocks
Old 03-28-2010, 06:19 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

[QUOTE=rcjunky10;7197666]
Originally Posted by SaladFork
Losi stand offs are 4mm x 10mm (threads that go into the tower), they will work but pretty sure the towers need to be 4mm thick. The stand off is only threaded to 3.5mm. I have the standoffs and waiting for my shocks and waiting for SNR to get more of the towers out so I can test. Jamminkrazy said the 8ight stand offs would not work because there is not enough material on the towers for the larger hole. Here are the mounts - http://cgi.ebay.com/LOSI-8IGHT-2-0-1...item3cab6159ab

Don't use those as they are the stock Losi standoffs, unless you ask SNR to make your towers with larger holes already drilled, otherwise run these:

Springs:
LOS 5455
LOS 5456

Caps:
LOSb2809

Standoffs:
OFN40531

Eyelets:
OFN30403

This is everything you need if you plan to run the Losi BB shocks
Chad,
Could you explain this shock thing one more time ????

If you are considering the Losi BB mod, DO NOT try to drill out the "standard" SNR CF towers if you plan to use the Losi 4mm diameter stand-offs. You won't have enough web between the holes and you'll probably crack or break the tower in short order. Same thing applies if you are using Jammin towers...then you need to use the set up RCjunky mentions.

SNR was nice enough to custom drill some of his CF towers for me with 4mm holes so I could use the Losi stand-offs and not have to use the plastic shock caps (which is required for the set up rcjunky describes). The only drawback is you have fewer holes (positioning options) since the holes are bigger and take up more real estate.

SNR provides both 3mm and 4mm thick CF towers. If you want to use the Losi stand offs and aluminum shock caps buy the 3mm thick tower or the Losi stand-offs won't have enough threads showing to fully seat the lock nuts on the back side.

Don't forget, if you use the taller front tower, whether SNRs or Jammin rear on the front, you have to use a rear body mount on the front.... regardless of which shock you use.

So far I love the set-up. SNR does nice work.

Last edited by Wldmoose; 03-28-2010 at 07:03 PM.
Old 03-28-2010, 06:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 227 (100%+)

[QUOTE=Wldmoose;7198465]
Originally Posted by rcjunky10

Chad,

If you are considering the Losi BB mod, DO NOT try to drill out the "standard" SNR CF towers if you plan to use the Losi 4mm diameter stand-offs. You won't have enough web between the holes and you'll probably crack or break the tower in short order. Same thing applies if you are using Jammin towers...then you need to use the set up RCjunky mentions.

SNR was nice enough to custom drill some of his CF towers for me with 4mm holes so I could use the Losi stand-offs and not have to use the plastic shock caps (which is required for the set up rcjunky describes). The only drawback is you have fewer holes (positioning options) since the holes are bigger and take up more real estate.

One other thing to consider, SNR provides both 3mm and 4mm thick CF towers. If you want to use the Losi stand offs and aluminum shock caps buy the 3mm thick tower or the Losi stand-offs won't have enough threads showing to fully seat the lock nuts on the back side.

Bruce I think they have just about got it....!
Old 03-28-2010, 07:40 PM
Tech Elite

[QUOTE=Wldmoose;7198465]

Chad,

SNR provides both 3mm and 4mm thick CF towers. If you want to use the Losi stand offs and aluminum shock caps buy the 3mm thick tower or the Losi stand-offs won't have enough threads showing to fully seat the lock nuts on the back side.

Don't forget, if you use the taller front tower, whether SNRs or Jammin rear on the front, you have to use a rear body mount on the front.... regardless of which shock you use.

Yeah I had planned on talking with Steve about drilling 4mm holes for me. If not I will go the other route. This was mentioned quite awhile ago about the towers not having enough meat for the 4mm threads. I thought for sure the Losi stand offs had enough threads for the 4mm towers, but since you tried it I obviously am wrong. Thanks for the heads up!
Old 03-28-2010, 09:17 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Just to toss this out there.....I run Matrix Carbon towers on my 8ight buggy and they are 4mm thick and the shock mounts bolt up no problem's....so the Losi standoffs are more then long enough for 4mm thick tower's.
Old 03-28-2010, 09:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Integra
Just to toss this out there.....I run Matrix Carbon towers on my 8ight buggy and they are 4mm thick and the shock mounts bolt up no problem's....so the Losi standoffs are more then long enough for 4mm thick tower's.
Nice, now all I need are the towers!

Thanks!
Old 03-28-2010, 10:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

[QUOTE=Wldmoose;7198465]

Chad,

SNR would like to buy is their a web site
Old 03-28-2010, 10:43 PM

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I don't have a website, just pm me on what you need.
Old 03-28-2010, 11:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snrscion
I don't have a website, just pm me on what you need.
I need to have you make me a set of towers.
Old 03-28-2010, 11:39 PM

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

No problem when do you need it?
Old 03-28-2010, 11:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snrscion
No problem when do you need it?
not in any rush. I was jk BTW.
Old 03-29-2010, 05:21 AM
Tech Rookie

I used the same size screw for the top, but a little longer, then used the 1/10th top shock mount off my XXXT. Using standard metal shock caps, a washer and a locking nut works great.

Will post pics when I get home.

Not allowed to post the url so you will have to cut and paste.

amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/products_id/15203/n/Team-Losi-Shock-Upper-Mount-Bushings-4-Front-Rear

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.