Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Jammin SCRT10 Thread >

Jammin SCRT10 Thread

Jammin SCRT10 Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 11:07 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Outtacontrol58 View Post
I know this is probably a very common question but does the jammin have an edge over the ofna and slash 4x4s? I also heard they had a few problems to start, have they been fixed? THANKS in advance!!
Both the Jammin and Hyper have an edge over the slash on the track. The Jammin and Hyper are very close, but I believe the jammin has a slight advantage there too. It's a little more balanced so it flies more level, and seems to cut under the hyper some in the turns. Not sure what problems you are referring to? If you are talking about the front bumper, they are working on it, but personally I haven't broken mine anyway.

Originally Posted by jzemaxx View Post
Why even run a HV4.5?? I would assume a MMP with a NEU 1509 or 1512. Blister a HV4.5, run cooler and tons more efficient.
Because the HV 4.5 is one of the best motors anyone has found for this truck so far. Neu 15 series motors are overly large and too powerful for this very light truck. The HV motors run ridiculously cool and have more than enough power. And they are much cheaper than a Neu. I can see a Neu 14 series motor being a good fit, but again they're expensive. Trust me I love Neu motors. They are the highest quality brushless motors you can buy, but not necessarily needed for this truck. The HV 4.5 works, so why change it?
Old 02-13-2010, 12:03 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Racecrafter View Post
Frans, That would be great Though testing at 20C is below the threshold of silicones working temp. 24-41C is the working range for an ASTM standard. thats why I ask.
Jimmy, I've send him a email as soon as I get a reply I'll post it here

here are some pics of my SCRT-10 with a speedpassion silverarrow 1/8 3.5T and a hobbywing Xerun 120A esc and 11T pinion.

Old 02-13-2010, 12:08 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JT_Amain View Post
Hey Guys,

Finally got to the end of the thread, whew! Thanks for all of the great info as I have my Jammin and it is ready to go with the LRP SPX and Novak HV5.5. Jimmy I noticed that you are running this motor also, what size pinion are you running? We are opening up a fairly mid-size to large indoor track (Outback Raceway being converted from indoor carpet to indoor off-road) and the back straight will be about 80ft long. I know that these motors run cool but I don't want to cook it first time out so I am just looking at a good starting point.

Also I plan on running the SC10 body (by the way nice pics guys) but I was curious if anyone has tried running the traxxas front offset rims on the front and the rear offset on the rear? A friend of mine brought up a great point that in the full-scale versions the wheelbase is actually wider in the front, so why wouldn't it work in 1/10th scale?

Thanks in advance
JT
I just setup my jammin with the traxxas wheels just as you described but have not had a chance to run it (track layout being redone) hopefully weds. i will try it out and post my findings.
as far as pinion goes try the 13t that came with the truck and after a couple of minutes temp the motor. if after 5 to 6 min motor is still cool gear up one tooth at a time until you get the desired performace without over heating it.
novak sells a 3 pack of pinion so you can experiment with different gearing
http://www.shopatron.com/products/pr...52.32485.0.0.0
Old 02-13-2010, 12:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

why are you guys running the bead locks on the stock wheels?
Old 02-13-2010, 12:24 PM
Tech Initiate

hey team green,

right now i have it all set back to the factory defaults.

thanks vysoto, i look forward to your testing. i think it should work okay.

JT
Old 02-13-2010, 12:44 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by z50kgin View Post
why are you guys running the bead locks on the stock wheels?
just for the looks
Old 02-13-2010, 01:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default proline slash front

will the slash front gives me more wider stance? will it work? thanks
Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY View Post
cool! Although I personally think it might be a tad narrow with the zero offset wheels. It's still slightly narrow even with slash rear wheels.
Old 02-13-2010, 01:07 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by bvalistic View Post
will the slash front gives me more wider stance? will it work? thanks
Yes, slash fronts work fine. You will need an aftermarket body though. Something for the SC10 or slash. They won't fit under the stock body.
Old 02-13-2010, 01:15 PM
Tech Addict

Default .

thanks...i see the wheel difference ...the front will give more wider stance...but did you ever try using all rear proline wheels and compared with all front proline wheels...any difference in performance...thanks again
Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY View Post
Yes, slash fronts work fine. You will need an aftermarket body though. Something for the SC10 or slash. They won't fit under the stock body.
Old 02-13-2010, 01:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by team green View Post
What is your setup on your ESC?
umm...ill try an remember as best as i can. Just did it last night....this is the first setup i have tried so far.

drag brake = 10
brake strength = 90
throttle profile = 3
motor type = BL-FW
push control = off
timing advance = min
cutoff - 2s lipo
dual mode

i run my eps brake down too
i think i got all the settings....kinda hard without actually seeing them.

Yesterday was my first time driving the Jammin and all i have to say is wow....im aboslutely in love with this truck!! straight out of the box it was pretty damn hooked up!! changed a shock position on the front top shock and got more steering. Then changed top rear shock position and had way more side bite. thing is BONE STOCK except for that setup change and slash rears with calibers at each corner. i had a grin ear to ear all night and still do. If you have some extra cash laying around i strongly suggest buying this truck and joining the fast growing Pro4 class.

here is a video from the pro4 main @ ocrc last night. Im the bright blue truck.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9z2nWbGEbw8
Old 02-13-2010, 02:07 PM

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Here is a couple of pics of carbon shock tower I just cut for Jamminkrazy.

4mm thick front taller shock tower

4mm thick rear shock tower same geometry as stock tower
Old 02-13-2010, 02:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pimpin View Post
umm...ill try an remember as best as i can. Just did it last night....this is the first setup i have tried so far.

drag brake = 10
brake strength = 90
throttle profile = 3
motor type = BL-FW
push control = off
timing advance = min
cutoff - 2s lipo
dual mode

i run my eps brake down too
i think i got all the settings....kinda hard without actually seeing them.

Yesterday was my first time driving the Jammin and all i have to say is wow....im aboslutely in love with this truck!! straight out of the box it was pretty damn hooked up!! changed a shock position on the front top shock and got more steering. Then changed top rear shock position and had way more side bite. thing is BONE STOCK except for that setup change and slash rears with calibers at each corner. i had a grin ear to ear all night and still do. If you have some extra cash laying around i strongly suggest buying this truck and joining the fast growing Pro4 class.

here is a video from the pro4 main @ ocrc last night. Im the bright blue truck.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9z2nWbGEbw8

Thanks alot I'll start from there....
Old 02-13-2010, 02:59 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by russp View Post
until you spin that big fat metal thing on the main shaft!!!!!! whats up with the hv motors? is that a common problem? this is only the motors 4 trip onto the track. But the mmp esc+hv 4.5 is very nice. i liked it til the motor went
now i need to find a temp motor to put in while i send it out for repair.
Whats a good motor to slap in there that is sold at a typical local hobby shop? i MUST run tomarrow......LOL
When the Tekin R8 motors first came out, they had a simular problem with rotors coming loose from the shaft. Permatex sleeve retainer will repair them. The most important thing is to make sure you have the rotor properly positioned on the shaft. I've also fixed one hv rotor as well.
Old 02-13-2010, 03:08 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by snrscion View Post
Here is a couple of pics of carbon shock tower I just cut for Jamminkrazy.

4mm thick front taller shock tower

4mm thick rear shock tower same geometry as stock tower
They look great! I can't wait to slap them on the truck! YGPM about payment! Thanks!
Old 02-13-2010, 03:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

You guys do know that a lot of tracks aren't alowing home made parts.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.