Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jammin SCRT10 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 09:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Can someone post pictures of what the front bumper looks like when it breaks? I've got my SCRT on the way and I just wanted to try and figure out a way to reinforce it before it breaks if it possible.

Thanks for the help guys.
Old 02-11-2010, 09:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by slakr
Just got the response from Pro-Line on their PowerStroke shocks...

Front shocks eye to eye 88mm
Rear Shocks eye to eye 101mm
How does that compare to the Jammin? Mine is still on its way.
Old 02-11-2010, 09:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ABBOTT
How does that compare to the Jammin?
Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
Overall length of the SCRT shocks center to center is 75mm front and 105mm rear.
Old 02-11-2010, 09:51 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Joe..Cool
So I guess you guys just ignore questions?
So I guess you just ignore the 1500+ posts in this thread?

The only things that need "upgrading" are the wheels/tires. The options are specific to offset and mounting options. You can go with Slash rear or Slash front offset. There are many post describing the differences. If you select rears, you can trim your stock body to accomodate. If you select fronts, you pretty much need to "upgrade" your body to one designed for SC10 or Slash. Beadlocks or conventional glue style wheels both work on SCRT10, however beadlocks add 3+ oz in weight. Of course, tires are specific to your track.

Tips, again many in the thread. Search for Chad's setup. Boil the front bumper mount. Go.
Old 02-11-2010, 11:06 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tron
Last night I got my Slash body all painted up...

I have not drilled the holes yet but it will require a tad bit of trimming in the front and possibly movement of the body mounts to the upper position. The rears definitely will impact the inside of the body on full compression.

I bought some aluminum to do the Slash front bumper mod since my front bumper is already broken...

So...Jammin 13mm FRONT buggy shocks are the way to go on this? Are those the ones off the CRT.5 or the 1/8 buggy?
I'm not making any promises that the 13mm shocks will actually work, as I don't have them yet to test. But the ones I will be using are jammin 13mm BUGGY front shocks from the X1 CR and X1 CRT.

Originally Posted by Racecrafter
I'm looking at having the shock tower drawn up and have some made from aluminum and maybe delrin or other "plastic".

It's going to be a while as I have a bunch of things on our "SC plate".
That would be awesome Jimmy!

Originally Posted by slakr
Just got the response from Pro-Line on their PowerStroke shocks...

Front shocks eye to eye 88mm
Rear Shocks eye to eye 101mm
Sounds like those would be a tad too short for the rear of the truck. Might work nicely in the front, but stock rears are 105mm so you would actually be limiting the rear some with those shocks.

Originally Posted by Joe..Cool
So I guess you guys just ignore questions?
Read the thread. It's the best possible answer to your question. And maybe consider if you don't get an answer, just post the question again. If there's one thing I hate, it's people giving attitude when they are ASKING someone else for information. Patience goes a long way!

Body, wheels and tires. Aluminum center steering link. Spare front bumper. Any other spares you would normally buy for a truck. It's all up to how much you want to keep on hand. Personally I have a spare set of arms, spare steering parts(servo saver parts, bellcranks), spare spur, spare rear uprights, spare front c-hubs, spare front knuckles, screw kit, etc... That is most likely overkill, but I like to be prepared.
Old 02-11-2010, 11:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by marksp
So I guess you just ignore the 1500+ posts in this thread?

The only things that need "upgrading" are the wheels/tires. The options are specific to offset and mounting options. You can go with Slash rear or Slash front offset. There are many post describing the differences. If you select rears, you can trim your stock body to accomodate. If you select fronts, you pretty much need to "upgrade" your body to one designed for SC10 or Slash. Beadlocks or conventional glue style wheels both work on SCRT10, however beadlocks add 3+ oz in weight. Of course, tires are specific to your track.

Tips, again many in the thread. Search for Chad's setup. Boil the front bumper mount. Go.
+1 i know there are 100+ pages on this thread, but there is a ton of info. on the truck. if your setting around waiting for the truck to arive read the thread and educate yourself. some question take alot of typing to give a good answer and they've been covered several times. not trying to be a jerk, but if you read the thread you will find most if not all of your answers, and answers to questions you havent even thought of yet. heck ive even read the hyper thread; and had no intention on getting one, just to see if there was something useful in there.
Old 02-11-2010, 11:56 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Here is mine before i took it out to the track. needless to say it doesn't look like this any more.LOL

Love the truck, but i am trying to get more steering out of it. with the stock tires it was all over the place. i tried a set of bowtie SC in the rear and Slash S1 compond in the tront mounted on proline split six wheels from the protrak system. a definite improvement. i also removed the front sway bar and moved the rear upright spacers foward. next week i am going to try the Bowtie SC all around from my son's slash. since the offsets are different i will but the fronts up front and rears in the rear, this will make a little wider in the front and more narrow in the rear and them switch them around to see what works best. i will post my findings. BTW sorry for rambleling
Old 02-11-2010, 11:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Hey Jamminkrazy. I just realized something.... If you want, you can take the Speed Passion for a rip at Motorama. I know its gonna be probably hectic, and dont know if you plan on bringing your scrt, but if you do, you are welcome to give her a try.
Old 02-11-2010, 12:19 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vysoto
Here is mine before i took it out to the track. needless to say it doesn't look like this any more.LOL

Love the truck, but i am trying to get more steering out of it. with the stock tires it was all over the place. i tried a set of bowtie SC in the rear and Slash S1 compond in the tront mounted on proline split six wheels from the protrak system. a definite improvement. i also removed the front sway bar and moved the rear upright spacers foward. next week i am going to try the Bowtie SC all around from my son's slash. since the offsets are different i will but the fronts up front and rears in the rear, this will make a little wider in the front and more narrow in the rear and them switch them around to see what works best. i will post my findings. BTW sorry for rambleling
Sweet looking ride! Great work on the body!
Did you have any problems with nose diving? My stock setup was nose diving like crazy.
Any tips for fixing the nose diving problem?
Old 02-11-2010, 12:47 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by titotime
Sweet looking ride! Great work on the body!
Did you have any problems with nose diving? My stock setup was nose diving like crazy.
Any tips for fixing the nose diving problem?
Thanks for the props. just some masking tape and rattle cans and decals to hide the boo boos. i personally don't want to spend money on a custom painted body that is going to get beat to snot.

I am not having any nose diving the truck flys nice and level. i would check the drag brake setting on your speedo. if its set to high it will cause nose diving. i know this was covered several pages back but i'm not sure if they posted a resolution to for it.
Old 02-11-2010, 01:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
Sounds like those would be a tad too short for the rear of the truck. Might work nicely in the front, but stock rears are 105mm so you would actually be limiting the rear some with those shocks.
I wasn't really looking to replace the rears. Just trying to see what's out there that is a little longer and could be used up front

I'm actually still waiting for my Jammin. Hopefully it will be shipping Thursday.
Old 02-11-2010, 01:24 PM
Tech Adept

FYI the stock SC10 bumper will work on the SCRT with some triming.
I will try and post pics soon
Old 02-11-2010, 01:41 PM
Tech Adept

Default pics of SC10 bumper on Jammin

here is the SCRT10 with a SC10 bumper
Old 02-11-2010, 01:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

great heads up on the bumper. if you have any trouble w/ it make sure you let us know.
Old 02-11-2010, 01:58 PM
CAK
Tech Adept

Location: Breaking the land speed record with my 4.5HV in Kingwood, TX
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vysoto
FYI the stock SC10 bumper will work on the SCRT with some triming.
I will try and post pics soon
How about some pics of the skid attachment, underneath?

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.