R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Jammin SCRT10 Thread (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/317104-jammin-scrt10-thread.html)

HYPERBOY 02-10-2010 03:34 PM

Last I saw he had a stock truck, just swapped tires.

jzemaxx 02-10-2010 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY (Post 6987264)
He is probably running the 13mm shocks.:nod:

You have to run the rear tower though up front correct??

JAMMINKRAZY 02-10-2010 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by jzemaxx (Post 6987299)
You have to run the rear tower though up front correct??

Yeah.:nod:

racerx1920 02-10-2010 04:12 PM

quick question, im thinking about get one soon i have a LRP ESC and wanted to know if this ESC will run a the novak HV 6.5 motor?

Skunk 02-10-2010 04:14 PM

I may be wrong but wouldn't a slightly longer shock end get you there?

CAK 02-10-2010 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by portyansky (Post 6987070)
People that talk about front shock issues. Anyone know what C. Bradley is running? Im pretty sure its stock, right? So these shock issues people are reffering to, are you guys bashers or racers?

The tracks the I see Chad run on are groomed smooth high bite tracks with landing ramps, I can see how his shock settings would work good with less droop in those conditions. My local track is rough, bumpy, hard and slick with no landing ramps. My track and conditions demand a bit more droop to help soak up the rough stuff. More shock tuning options are needed for some people with not so great track conditions.

crazysavage 02-10-2010 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Skunk (Post 6987492)

That was causing the shock to top out before the chassis would bottom out and that causing erratic landings.

Tron 02-10-2010 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by Shark413 (Post 6986709)
I finally got a set of Slash front wheels (3-4mm wider than the rears) and I mounted them on my Jammin. Here are some pictures comparing it to a Slash PE 4x4. The jammin is still about 3/8 of an inch narrower than the Slash, when using the stock Jammin wheels it was almost an inch narrower, so the new track width is an improvement and coupled with the lower cg of the Jammin this should not be an issue. Also I am using an Associated SC10 body and it fits perfectly.

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r...3/05180017.jpg

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r.../Image1-12.jpg

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r...3/Image2-4.jpg

Shark what front bumper is that you are using on the Jammin?

CAK 02-10-2010 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by Skunk (Post 6987492)

A longer shock plus a taller shock tower to gain up-travel is whats needed. Thats why the rear tower and shocks will work in the front with some modification. Longer shocks in the same upper shock holes will give you more droop but limit your uptravel even more.

JAMMINKRAZY 02-10-2010 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by crazysavage (Post 6987507)
That was causing the shock to top out before the chassis would bottom out and that causing erratic landings.

+1

I tried the longer shock ends(jammin has some for this truck) but you just can't mount the front shocks high enough on the tower to stop the shocks from bottoming before the chassis. It's really a limited design, which works fine in most conditions, including mine, but there are improvements to be made. This suspension design hasn't changed a bit from the crt.5 setup, and that was a truck about half the weight of this truck. The stock shocks are at their limits on this truck.:nod:

crazysavage 02-10-2010 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by HYPERBOY (Post 6987296)
Last I saw he had a stock truck, just swapped tires.

You guys seem to be pushing each other pretty hard out on the track. I read he was doing some tweaking in the front end but you cant take every thing you read for fact. And if C. Bradley is tweaking, he would be just doing his job! One poster asked, if we idiots that are looking for a minor improvement in handling, are bashers or racers. I say to him that if you dont recognize the problem and cant identify why the problem exist, are you a basher or racer?

JAMMINKRAZY 02-10-2010 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by CAK (Post 6987520)
A longer shock plus a taller shock tower to gain up-travel is whats needed. Thats why the rear tower and shocks will work in the front with some modification. Longer shocks in the same upper shock holes will give you more droop but limit your uptravel even more.

Yup! That's the basis of this mod. I actually think it can be done with ZERO modification. All that's needed is to use a turnbuckle for the front upper arm, like most cars to today anyway. I am going to try a 3mm ofna turnbuckle but I'm not sure that will hold up. Another option would be lunsford titanium 3.5 or 4mm turnbuckles.:nod:

Skunk 02-10-2010 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by CAK (Post 6987520)

Yeah I wasn't sure on the up-travel situation as I didn't get mine today, hopefully Friday I'll have mine and can start playing... mayby some K shocks?

Shark413 02-10-2010 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Tron (Post 6987517)
Shark what front bumper is that you are using on the Jammin?

Hi, go back to page 26 and you will pictures of the modded bumper. It is a Slash 2wd bumper and a few pieces of scrap aluminum.

slakr 02-10-2010 04:35 PM

Wonder if the new Pro-Line Power Stroke Shocks for the Slash would offer any improvement?