SC8E Questions

Old 08-03-2009, 08:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default SC8E Questions

i recently fell in love with the electric SC8, but i have some questions.

1.It is a kit right? i want to build it.
2. Can i run dual batteries instead of a large single?
3. I can't afford it outright, i have a erbe, that i don't really want to get rid of but may consider for this. i know they are 2 completely different trucks but i can only get the sc8 if i get rid of the revo.

would it be a downgrade to go the a sc8e from erbe?

what do you all think?
Old 08-03-2009, 10:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

First question, yes it is a kit. Second question I'm not sure but anything is possible with some ingenuity. Third questions depends on intended use basher/racer, some of each? If racing, then what classes are availible and what would you be competing with in those classes. If just bashing my opinion would be erbe slightly better for terrain possiblilities and shock & awe.
Hope this helps some
Old 08-03-2009, 10:43 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I ran an SC8 on a construction site, and it is fun to drive. The clearance is high enough to go in a lot of terrains.

Originally Posted by CBHVR6 View Post

3. I can't afford it outright, i have a erbe, that i don't really want to get rid of but may consider for this. i know they are 2 completely different trucks but i can only get the sc8 if i get rid of the revo.

what do you all think?
Old 08-03-2009, 10:50 AM
Tech Master

ok thanks,

1. good i don't want a rtr, i like building them
2. on ae site, it states the battery tray can hold dual lipos, thats also good because i run dual 40c smc lipos on my revo and could use them on the sc8.

3. i just can't decide if its worth it or not, i love my e revo but i want this sc8!

i think i could get a fair price for my revo as a roller. i'd put the cc 2200 and mamba monster in the sc8 and probably use the 2.4ghz from it too.

so i'd sell a e revo roller w/

rpm front arms
aluminum rear arms
aluminum rockers
titanium rocker bolts
losi zombiemaxx tires on yellow solids
nitro revo wide bumpers
proline wing
Old 08-03-2009, 11:09 AM
Tech Regular

yea your batteries will work fine. my buddy bought his as a nitro ran it then converted it and it is nice.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:27 AM
Tech Master

i'm just afraid i'll sell my revo and then regret it. i want to be 100% certain this sc8e is better

also, to a question farther up, i don't really race. i bash more, i know the revo is great for that. its amazing. i have a hopped up mini revo also and i'm just wanting something new
Old 08-03-2009, 06:26 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

what do you all think?
1) Yes, you can download manual here - http://67.199.85.166/resources/resou...?modelname=SC8

2) Yes, battery box size is 140mm x 217mm x 43mm (approx) and dual battery packs are even shown on AE's website

3) You could sell the ERBE, forgot about the SC8 and get a Savage Flux
Old 08-03-2009, 08:31 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I had one because it looks so cool. But I drove a friends buggy and it was far more nimble and jumped better. The SC8E felt like a brick. Thats just my opinion and I am sure others will be different.
Old 08-04-2009, 05:32 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BAMBAM cheapsk8 View Post
I had one because it looks so cool. But I drove a friends buggy and it was far more nimble and jumped better. The SC8E felt like a brick. Thats just my opinion and I am sure others will be different.
really? i'm rarely racing also. my erbe is definitely a brick itself but its a MT. i don't want a buggy. do you think a RC8T-E would be better?
Old 08-04-2009, 08:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

The are kits but come about 80% assembled.

It would not be a down grade.

You can run dual batteries.

Durability will be similar.

Parts availability will be similar.

The major difference is that you would be going from a monster truck to a SC truck.

I think the only difference you will notice between the two, is that you may have more traction from the e-revo having much better tires.

Though differnet they are really similar.

If you dont want to go the buggy route, Look at the eRC8T Just my .o2 Though If I were you I would just keep the e-revo as they are great trucks. If your not happy with it, would be cheaper to upgrade the things you dont like, rebuild whats worn out if anything, and set up the suspention ride hight, spring rate and shock and dif oil for racing. Single high torque steering servo conversion. ect...

The erevo is a great truck and with just a little tweaking it is just that much better.
Old 08-04-2009, 08:12 AM
Tech Master

yeah i think i'll keep the revo. i have horrible wheel wobble from worn out axle carriers. i'm gonna have to get the tekno carriers and maybe lunsford pivot balls. also new turnbuckles and i should be good.

i think i'll get an sc10 to feed my short course want and keep the mini revo and erbe.

thanks everyone for your input.
Old 08-04-2009, 08:13 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

really? i'm rarely racing also. my erbe is definitely a brick itself but its a MT. i don't want a buggy. do you think a RC8T-E would be better?
I love my SC8e!

At first I was worried I would regret selling my B44. Once I started putting the SC8e together and saw how well made the parts were I was even more excited to get the truck built. It took about a week doing about 2-3 hours a night. Once it was all setup and ready to run it looked great! Then I plugged in the Speed Passion V10 and it went up in smoke. Called up Speed Passion was told there is a manufacturers defect send it in. The truck wouldn't stop staring at me, so I went to the LHS and looked at what they had. There was only a Novak 5.5 HV. I bought it, ran home, dropped in and the truck started flying up and down the street - unbelievable fast! It jumps great, turns great, breaks ok. It's a tough truck.

I do not regret buying and I'm looking for another for my son. If it doesn't work out for you send me a PM.
Old 08-04-2009, 12:28 PM
Tech Master

well that settles it, there was a sc10 on ebay with a few minutes left and i put a bid on it and won.

sc10 roller
4 sets of tires
shock fluid, diff oil
rpm tie-rod ends
stock misc parts

for 163.50

not bad