Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Slash vs Rustler vs Micro t vs Mini t >

Slash vs Rustler vs Micro t vs Mini t

Slash vs Rustler vs Micro t vs Mini t

Old 07-31-2009, 02:54 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Slash vs Rustler vs Micro t vs Mini t

hey guys, i hear lots of good information on this site and i would want to ask you's some questions. I am pretty experienced with electronics and r/c's!! I've had tons and tons of radio shack/ the source r/c and now i really need a beafier truck. I was looking at the micro t and mini t as i hear they are really cheap/easy to mod but they might be to small. i was also looking at the rustler and slash xl5 because they look awsome.i would probably pick the slash between all of these but i may change my mind. I wouldnt really want to mod these thing alot but a few things is acceptable. I would mostly be riding in my driveway, dirt road and in my house because there is lots of room.

My idea is to buy the slash xl5 and later on buy the micro t to fool around.
the prices are: slash:270$
rustler:230$
micro t:100$
mini t :140$
thanks lots eric
Old 07-31-2009, 07:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

slash and rusty- great cars to bash and very durable and easier to work on
mini and micro mini t- really annoying to work on and they brake easily i have all of them and i recommend the rusty or slash
Old 07-31-2009, 08:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I agree, the slash and rustler are practically unbreakable with just a few certain hopups. I love my mini t but it's a pain to work on. Have to have special screwdrivers for the tiny screws and the parts are small and often impossible to find if you drop them. The mini and micro can be really fast but also hard to control at the speeds they reach and are limited where you can run them. The rustler and slash can go almost anywhere. I personally like the stampede over the rustler. It handles great but has more ground clearance.
Old 07-31-2009, 09:16 PM
Tech Regular

yea them lil trucks are fun till you break something and have to fix it so dam tiny thier great in the house they suck outside flip over too much get a slash we'll see you at the track!!!!!!!!!!!! and the slash is way cheaper than 270.00.
Old 07-31-2009, 09:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I would vote Slash because there is a class for it at every track it seems
Old 08-01-2009, 01:32 AM
Tech Rookie

i agree with vwjuice. go with any traxxas truck esp the slash. my brother-inlaw has one and he's a total newb. he has rolled, crashed, and took some of the most nastiest jumps i have ever seen and his slash just kept coming back for more. i personally would go with the stampede vxl. brushless is the way to go
Old 08-01-2009, 01:34 AM
Super Moderator

the micro and mini t can get lost real easy , good for driving around the office thats about it.
Old 08-01-2009, 05:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

This is an easy one..... Slash.
Old 08-01-2009, 08:33 AM
Tech Master

like i said the slash and rusty are good choices
Old 08-01-2009, 12:21 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by ae rat View Post
yea them lil trucks are fun till you break something and have to fix it so dam tiny thier great in the house they suck outside flip over too much get a slash we'll see you at the track!!!!!!!!!!!! and the slash is way cheaper than 270.00.
well a hobby shop 5 hour away has it for 270.00 and they would have to ship it to me and i calculated everything & it would be $377.19 to my door.

i dont know if any of you's would suggest a better hobby store that would ship to sudbury ontario.
Old 08-01-2009, 12:41 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by acf7efi View Post
well a hobby shop 5 hour away has it for 270.00 and they would have to ship it to me and i calculated everything & it would be $377.19 to my door.

i dont know if any of you's would suggest a better hobby store that would ship to sudbury ontario.
You might be thinking of the 1/16 VXL slash because thats about $270. I have a rustler and I bash that thing like it was a rock with wheels I love that thing its very VERY durable and very easy to work on so go with one of them
Old 08-01-2009, 01:29 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by maylemay View Post
You might be thinking of the 1/16 VXL slash because thats about $270. I have a rustler and I bash that thing like it was a rock with wheels I love that thing its very VERY durable and very easy to work on so go with one of them
nope, its the 1/10 scale for 377$$ and thats too much right?
Old 08-01-2009, 02:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Check towerhobbies.com. They aswell as every other hobby shop sells them foe under $220. That's way too high a price.
Old 08-01-2009, 09:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Micro and mini - dont waste your time, there fun in the house for a battery pack or two. - unless your with a group of guys who all run similar rc's

For what yor looking to do your best bet may actually be the 1/16 e-revo or the 1/16 slash.

They are both durable, will work for your applications, are fast, can be faster with minimal mods, and are both 4 wheel drive, and easily under $300.
Old 08-02-2009, 09:33 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by OG RC 10T View Post
Micro and mini - dont waste your time, there fun in the house for a battery pack or two. - unless your with a group of guys who all run similar rc's

For what yor looking to do your best bet may actually be the 1/16 e-revo or the 1/16 slash.

They are both durable, will work for your applications, are fast, can be faster with minimal mods, and are both 4 wheel drive, and easily under $300.

+1

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.