R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 01-28-2004, 09:17 PM   #46
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Bubblestc3 Send a message via Yahoo to Bubblestc3

I think that everyone is getting their kicks in on Charlie about the prices. JR(Charlie's son) is under 10(I think) and out in Corona, where I have only raced two or three times, kids under 10 race for free(apprently to boost kid attendence, and get more of us kids into the sport). When out in Corona, the price to race is $10, outdoors, parking lot, bring own power, bring own table, bring own shade. You can either use your own personal transponder, or use theirs. This kind of racing is a little more inconvient for myself because I have to get up early and make sure that T. Webb is going with his generator for power.

I have also noticed that many of the parking lot races I go to, the people are sometimes rude, and not too clean of drivers. My few experiances out there, I have been broken by an "Expert" driver(then that same driver comes to SoCal and runs Intermediate and dosn't make the A-Main!). I hear a lot that SoCal has a bad reputation for having "dirty driving" but many other places are much worse!!!
Bubblestc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 10:24 PM   #47
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default Re: rent to own

Quote:
Originally posted by timmay70
I still like the idea of rent to own.. very cool.
Who the heck would want to own one of those bulky rentals?
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 11:07 PM   #48
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to johnny55

Quote:
Originally posted by Bubblestc3
I think that everyone is getting their kicks in on Charlie about the prices. JR(Charlie's son) is under 10(I think) and out in Corona, where I have only raced two or three times, kids under 10 race for free(apprently to boost kid attendence, and get more of us kids into the sport). When out in Corona, the price to race is $10, outdoors, parking lot, bring own power, bring own table, bring own shade. You can either use your own personal transponder, or use theirs. This kind of racing is a little more inconvient for myself because I have to get up early and make sure that T. Webb is going with his generator for power.

I have also noticed that many of the parking lot races I go to, the people are sometimes rude, and not too clean of drivers. My few experiances out there, I have been broken by an "Expert" driver(then that same driver comes to SoCal and runs Intermediate and dosn't make the A-Main!). I hear a lot that SoCal has a bad reputation for having "dirty driving" but many other places are much worse!!!
I think So.Cal has the cleanest drivers around. Mabe because the announcers make it a point to make you wait when making a bad pass. I also think that alot of more eyes are watching the races than at a parking lot race. I personally like So.Cal more than parking lots but hey racing is racing Im not bashing lot races but I do agree that the driving is not cleaner.
Old 01-29-2004, 06:54 AM   #49
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Thumbs up Re: Re: rent to own

Quote:
Originally posted by Randman
Who the heck would want to own one of those bulky rentals?
At Speedworld, he does the "rent to own" deal with the AMB transponders

vic
hierog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 11:14 AM   #50
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: rent to own

Quote:
Originally posted by hierog
At Speedworld, he does the "rent to own" deal with the AMB transponders

vic
Thats exactly right.
Old 01-29-2004, 11:31 AM   #51
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I believe that socal does a rent to own deal thing as well. I would atleast inquire about it. I recall a friend of mine having 30 bucks into rentals and then paid the difference for a new one and got it. I think that socal just worded it incorrectly on their counter.
rtypec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 12:10 PM   #52
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

oh, rent to own the good transponders... I'd never want to own one of the rentals..
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 05:02 AM   #53
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Too Much

I am not from there but have ben to SoCal. It's almost all racers, concern all over the globe! Expensive this and that, entry fee this and that.

Please stop for a while and think.

Do you think they make a lot of money by doing this?
How expensive will it be to run a place like that?
Will the entry fee practice fee be enough to cover the maintenance?
Try switching position with the owner of the place. and Imagine how hard it will be!

Some facilites if not most of them, build a track for the love of the game, with out really recovering the expense of building it or not making any profit out of it.

Just a thought on how things really are.

Peace and Happy Racing!!

Lem
Manila,Philippines
lem2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 12:46 AM   #54
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

When was the last time you raced onroad in a parking lot on a Tuesday night? When was the last time you raced offroad indoors in SouthernCal on a Wednesday night? Probably not many. Just thank SoCal for being open so that we can race.

When was the last time someone went to buy a new Viper and left and bought a GEO instead? No they went and bought a used one. If you want something bad enough you will save for it.

The MOM that dropped her kid off for the whole day without any worries of him being harmed, because he is very safe there, should be and most likely is very very happy that SoCal is open. That kid should have brought his lunch or dinner to save money.

Please tell me two other indoor tracks in Southern California that you can drive to after work on a weekday and race.

Sorry GABE, but MnM would have closed no matter what being in the middle of the 91 freeway(HELL Highway). Racing could have been free and the entries would have been declining anyway.

I for one would thank Jim and Lana more often for having a place to race on a weeknight. Alot of people can't even race on the weekends. Where would they be?

Just my $1.52
P.S. Who's on Bllluue?

Thanks
STEVE CHAMBERLAIN
SCIDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 11:14 PM   #55
Tech Adept

I race here in Texas every weekend and one place I go to is $15.00the other place I go to on the next w/end is $25.00 for 1st entry and $15.00 for second.Sometimes it can be as high as $35.00........I dont bitch too much cuz I love RC racing...I drive 2hours one way every time I go race,and cant wait to do it again on that two hour trip home....DIEHARD RCJUNKIE
RCJUNKIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 10:13 AM   #56
Tech Adept

I think part of the grump here is paying a "rental fee" for a transponder that used to come included with the entry fee. Nobody likes to pay for what they used to get for free ... or so it seemed. I agree with an earlier post that said it was a wording problem ... SoCal could have just raised prices to $15 and left it at that, later adding a discount if you had your own transponder. But by charging an extra $3 for what used to be part of the package, they've invited criticism.

BTW, imho $15 to race at a place like SoCal (never been, only seen pictures) is a bargain. Prices here in the Midwest are pretty much the same for regular races, more of course for trophy or sanctioned events. And much less for club & parking lot non-transponder races. So "kwitcherbelliachin"
Luckyman4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 12:09 AM   #57
Tech Adept

Dude youve got to be kidding ! Where i race its 15.00 entry with a transpoder and if you have your own you dont get a break !And thats for club racing on Fri. and sun. It cost money to run a track and there have been tomany tacks closing due to Economic hard times! Rent ,Electric , heat ,Water Payrolls , all thats included too ! its called Overhead.how would you like to be one of the unfortunate ones that love R/C as we do and dont have a Track nearby ! youve got it good and dont realize it !
BatJam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 01:50 AM   #58
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to SocalSnakeEyes

I think its' about time someone killed this thread.
SocalSnakeEyes is online now   Reply With Quote