R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   TL XXX-T CR vs AE T4 (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/314586-tl-xxx-t-cr-vs-ae-t4.html)

-J- 07-24-2009 07:16 PM

TL XXX-T CR vs AE T4

What are the differences in these trucks? The XXX-T CR is a newer truck than the T4, but does the XXX-T CR have any real advantage over the T4? I'm looking to get into super stock racing and noticed these were the two trucks being run at my local track.

B.A. Racer 07-24-2009 07:17 PM

both are good but IMO the t4 just destroys a losi in performance....but t4 is also my style of driving:nod:

not home 07-24-2009 07:23 PM

think losi vehicles beat associated in quality by a long way. the e-clips suck, but the losi quality is so much better. it's setup and driver. parts availability and setups are most important. pm sent.

joelwhite 07-24-2009 07:24 PM

May want to keep an eye out for the Kyosho truck hitting the shelves very soon. It will be a solid competitor as well.

scott54 07-24-2009 09:12 PM

Go with the T4. I've raced them both, I've had about 5 losi trucks and I'm on my second T4. The Associated's quality is hands down better than the losi. I know it's just my opinion but if you buy a losi, the first thing you have to do is drop $40 on lunsford tierods because you WILL break those on a losi. I've never broke an Associated Tierod.

** Here's the key... look at all the AE setup sheets on Associated's website. Almost every setup is the same... they only vary slightly. That's because the truck works great on every track. ..... Now go to Losi's website or any losi thread and look at the setups, they're all over the place. You'll see completely different setups from every driver, every track, and every edition of the XXXT. That's because the losi is a pain in the ass to get dialed on a track. And if the track changes slightly, you're out to lunch.

Just my 2 cents. Good luck.

not home 07-24-2009 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by scott54 (Post 6113632)
Go with the T4. I've raced them both, I've had about 5 losi trucks and I'm on my second T4. The Associated's quality is hands down better than the losi. I know it's just my opinion but if you buy a losi, the first thing you have to do is drop $40 on lunsford tierods because you WILL break those on a losi. I've never broke an Associated Tierod.

** Here's the key... look at all the AE setup sheets on Associated's website. Almost every setup is the same... they only vary slightly. That's because the truck works great on every track. ..... Now go to Losi's website or any losi thread and look at the setups, they're all over the place. You'll see completely different setups from every driver, every track, and every edition of the XXXT. That's because the losi is a pain in the ass to get dialed on a track. And if the track changes slightly, you're out to lunch.

Just my 2 cents. Good luck.

i agree with this

HWYSHREDDER78 07-24-2009 09:54 PM

Both are great trucks that have good and bad things about them but I do believe that the FT T4 is a better value. Parts support is another thing to consider, some guys don't mind bringing pretty much a second kit while others won't. The Kyosho RT5 that will be out soon is worth looking into as well.

4wdfull 07-25-2009 09:45 AM

Ive owned and raced both at a pretty high level. They perform about the same. I prefer the Losi. You'll have to buy better ball studs than stock however. Otherwise the Losi is more durable and just as fast. The losi is probably superior on rough blown out tracks. Shocks need rebuilding half as much as Associated. Diff will need rebuilding more often than Associated.

Also do not judge by the buggy counterpart perfomance. the xxxcr buggy is inferior on almost all surfaces compared to the B4 (maybe 'cept turf). No one is exactly sure why. As proof look at Dakotah Phend's results with each vehicle. He consistantly finishes higher with the xxxtcr than with the buggy as do most of the team drivers....

B.A. Racer 07-25-2009 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by 4wdfull (Post 6115170)
Also do not judge by the buggy counterpart perfomance. the xxxcr buggy is inferior on almost all surfaces compared to the B4 (maybe 'cept turf). No one is exactly sure why. As proof look at Dakotah Phend's results with each vehicle. He consistantly finishes higher with the xxxtcr than with the buggy as do most of the team drivers....

then look at maifield, and cavalieri and back when tebo drove...the b4 always looks better to me:nod: but overall the t4 is a better buy:tire:

hitordie010 07-25-2009 01:00 PM

Its pretty much just comes down to personal preferences. Ive also owned both trucks. I like the associated because you dont have to deal with the e-clips, and I like losi because of the shocks. Their both good picks in my book.

d16dcoe45 07-25-2009 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by B.A. Racer (Post 6113266)
both are good but IMO the t4 just destroys a losi in performance....but t4 is also my style of driving:nod:

Where do people come up with this stuff? You may prefer one over the other but there is no way one is so much better that it "destroys" the other!! They are both really good trucks, you can win with either of them. I have had both of them and I do prefer the CR--very smooth truck thanks to the longer chassis and the VLA is huge IMO. I would say he CR truck is a much better truck than the CR is a buggy. Also, the latest Associated kits leave much to be desired in terms of quality.

Also, build the CR diff correctly (with a good thrust bearing) and it will last as long if not longer than the Assoc. diff.

And fwiw, teh CR truck "team" setups really don't vary that much from track to track and racer to racer. The CR buggy setups vary wildly--going as far as alot of team guys running the old narrow pivot block, bk2 hubs and bk2/xxx4 graphite arms in the rear. You can get the buggy to work but it takes some effort. The CR truck flat out works right out of the box. At least that has been my experience.

t8rtot 07-26-2009 08:36 AM

I know there not options but the Team Academy GV2-T is a killer truck, a guy runs one @ my track and its so smooth, the he is always on the podium and I have built the buggy version and their qual is great, they're like 20-40 bucks cheaper depending on where u get them, the K-truck is coming out soon too, i'd look into those aswell

B.A. Racer 07-26-2009 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by d16dcoe45 (Post 6115928)
Where do people come up with this stuff? You may prefer one over the other but there is no way one is so much better that it "destroys" the other!! They are both really good trucks, you can win with either of them. I have had both of them and I do prefer the CR--very smooth truck thanks to the longer chassis and the VLA is huge IMO. I would say he CR truck is a much better truck than the CR is a buggy. Also, the latest Associated kits leave much to be desired in terms of quality.

Also, build the CR diff correctly (with a good thrust bearing) and it will last as long if not longer than the Assoc. diff.

And fwiw, teh CR truck "team" setups really don't vary that much from track to track and racer to racer. The CR buggy setups vary wildly--going as far as alot of team guys running the old narrow pivot block, bk2 hubs and bk2/xxx4 graphite arms in the rear. You can get the buggy to work but it takes some effort. The CR truck flat out works right out of the box. At least that has been my experience.

read my post..it said that i prefer the t4 because it matches my driving style

XXXDad 07-26-2009 01:27 PM

If your a fat nerd you get a T4.......:lol: Just kidding.

rcman1993 07-26-2009 06:46 PM

It is pretty much your call, try both and see which one works for you. I did it and came out with the T4 and B4. Parts are cheaper, more durable on my tracks, and fits my driving style. Losi is smoother at times but i like my car twichy. The losi has more variables with the setup so it just confused me when i tried it. But their are people at my track that have a losi and keep up with my associated. Just is your preference.