Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HPI Blitz Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2014, 04:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

hey guys...i still have a ball diff for sale cheap. call, text, or PM me.

360-209-4226

HPI Blitz Ball Diff
Old 01-06-2014, 04:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Last edited by tksnobords; 01-06-2014 at 05:01 AM. Reason: double post
Old 01-07-2014, 04:52 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

So I finally got time to work on my build. I'm new at this. Well, I haven't messed with this stuff since I was like 16 which was 10 years ago and even then I didn't get this deep in it. I got these parts with my roller:
trackstar 17.5 motor
hobbywing xtreme stock 60a esc
flysky gt3c

Now, I got everything set up and wires soldered to the esc and motor. I can turn the esc on and it lights up. I turn the transmitter on and I can turn the wheels fine so the servo is working. However, I can't get the motor to spin. I don't have the spur gear on so I'm not trying to turn the whole thing but nothing happens when I give it throttle. I configured the throttle range setting like the esc manual said to do and it goes through the beeps and blinks as it should. I thought maybe I didn't solder one of the wires correctly to the motor so I resoldered them to the motor and the ones on the esc and nothing happens. Anyone have an idea what could be wrong? Am I forgetting something obvious or is there a chance that I have a faulty motor/esc or my soldering is just that shoddy? The wires are A-A B-B C-C. I checked a dozen times and the sensor wire is connected too. The battery is fully charged as well. When I give it throttle the esc light comes on red and if I give it full throttle the light turns green. I'm really stumped here and hope I didnt fry something because the wife barely let me get the parts to do the build to begin with.
Old 01-07-2014, 06:19 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Did you bind your transmitter to the ESC? I know with my viper setup I have to set up the ESC to my transmitter. Should be a how to in the ESC instructions.

Also not sure what type of battery that is. But if the ESC is programmable and it has a voltage shut off on it, as in 5.6V (it will not turn the motor) so your battery might not have enough juice to turn it over. The volts I list above is just an example.

http://www.hobbywing.com/uploadfiles.../HW-09-XST.pdf
Old 01-07-2014, 07:24 PM
Tech Initiate

I did bind it. Also I disabled low voltage cut-off with my lcd programmer and still the same thing. It is set for forward/rev and if I try to run it in reverse my motor beeps. Not sure if thats normal but I thought it was the esc beeping but I made it do it again and its the motor beeping if I try to make it go reverse.
Old 01-07-2014, 07:32 PM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

You may need to switch the reversing switch for the throttle.
Old 01-07-2014, 07:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

If you did bind the rx, did you also program the esc and the end points? I have run into that a couple of times where I have to reset my sons tx/rx setup. if you are running lipos make sure you turn the LVC back on or it can hurt the batteries. also make sure your remote has the right settings. I bought my tx used and it did something similar so I had to do a factory reset and it worked fine. do you have any forward motion at all?
Old 01-07-2014, 08:16 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

Is it sensored, if yes, it may need a cable or the cable could be bad
Old 01-09-2014, 01:16 PM
Tech Initiate

I programmed the ESC with the lcd program box and I did the end point programming too, twice. I'll try resetting everything to default and setting up the esc with the hobbywing program through the computer that I haven't tried yet. I just hope something isnt faulty. Its hard for me to tell since I have no spare parts to test with. Are these esc's really picky with how well you solder the wires on? It seems like they're in there good making good contact. It was a little tough for me because I'm not too steady and my close vision isn't as good as it once was but I didn't think I did that bad.
Old 01-09-2014, 01:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

This may sound crazy, but UNPLUG the sensor wire. Then try the motor. You might have a sensor issue, and running the motor without the sensor wire attached may shed some light on it.
Old 01-09-2014, 04:43 PM
Tech Initiate

Ok I unplugged it and the motor did turn a slight bit but it mainly just trembled as I touched the throttle. I flashed the esc from mod to 0 timing (blinky) and when I turned the esc on after flashing it made the motor make a constant loud squeal so I shut it back off. If the esc isn't plugged into the rx and I turn it on, it doesn't make the noise.
Old 01-11-2014, 01:37 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Transmission Gears for Blitz

I am trying to lighten up my son’s transmission's rotating mass and would like to know if anybody knows of a company that sells Nylon internal gears for this truck??? I have looked everywhere but have had no luck. I figure if Nylon is good for Losi or Associated then Nylon gears should be able to withstand the abuse of the blitz for racing. Also what gearing are you all running I am at 77 spur 29 pinion. I would go to a 30 pinion but I can’t fit it in because the motor is all the way pushed back.
Old 01-11-2014, 03:10 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TowTruckTony
I am trying to lighten up my son’s transmission's rotating mass and would like to know if anybody knows of a company that sells Nylon internal gears for this truck??? I have looked everywhere but have had no luck. I figure if Nylon is good for Losi or Associated then Nylon gears should be able to withstand the abuse of the blitz for racing. Also what gearing are you all running I am at 77 spur 29 pinion. I would go to a 30 pinion but I can’t fit it in because the motor is all the way pushed back.
You should be able to go all the way up to at least 35 Pinion with that 77 on there.. I ran a 34/77 with my 17.5 blinky with no problem on me ESE...
Old 01-11-2014, 07:12 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

Does the ese tranny have nylon? U might be able to use those!
Old 01-13-2014, 10:24 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Pdub66
You should be able to go all the way up to at least 35 Pinion with that 77 on there.. I ran a 34/77 with my 17.5 blinky with no problem on me ESE...
Yes you are probably right I just checked the truck this morning and found that the spur gear is the 83 not the 77 I am a knuckle head sorry. I do remember that running that high of a gear combo my son ran into heat issues but it was fast. at the gearing now it is runing (29/83) it is running at 145 to 156ish he just dont have the top end speed that the others have. I am Running a Hobbyking ESC and their 17.5 Trackstar 2270kv motor. I have this same combo in my B4 and T4 and those run just as fast as the other guys on the track and I am always in the top 5 drivers in the stock class. In my T4 and B4 I cant get this motor to even break a sweet and they only heat up to 104 - 108 TOPS and that is with full timing both in the motor and at the esc. At 34/77 what kind of temps where you seeing. I am afraid to cook this motor and I have always been told to not run any higher than 160 for a brushless motor. I am kind of new to brushless so I still dont fully understand how to gear them. I am still used to gearing a motor with a 16-20 tooth pinion (Brushed motors) I just got rid of all my brushed motors brushes springs and even my Prized COMM Lathe. I had a ton of motors both new and used and a TON of new brushes and I am cheap so I was like I am not buying new brushless stuff till ALL my Brushed stuff is used up then I also took a 2 year period away from the hobby but now my son loves to go to the track and just practice and I love the idea of him getting away from his PS3 and ipad and I love the fact that there is a lot of actual problem solving with RC and He likes that he has his own truck that he can turn wrenches on so I got back into the hobby...... OK OK I was looking for a reason to get back in BUT hey but better reason RIGHT!!!!! so anyways any suggestions?????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.