Wiki Posts
Search

HPI Blitz Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 09:34 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Adamska27
I do recommend shorties in stock, C rating not that important, lipo quality is, I run the revtech double deuce right now, not cuz they're 100C, because they hold excellent voltage under load
I agree with "C" ratings. they all lie. brand name is more important then "C" ratings. i run thunder powers. It's important to have all of the same packs to so you get the "same feel" each run.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BoomShaka47
I've never thought of running shorties in stock shortcourse. I guess I don't totally understand the benefit of those except for the weight savings. Weight savings are huge of course but just wondering about the other pros and cons.

I just looked up your revtech pack and $110 is a little too steep for my budget. Anyone have experience with the cheaper shorties like Gens Ace? If so what size?

How do you get them to fit in the tray? Lots a foam blocks LOL? I saw your pic and you put the receiver in there but do have anything under the foam blocks to keep them in place from moving? Thanks!
A) The weight is huge and you should be able to run 8 minutes on good shorties
B) They are expensive, but they are the best, I like my reedy shorty also, but it's just a touch weaker, almost no difference. I have one cheapo shorty and it blows.
C) LOL I have three foams in there for adjustments, and I just took the battery bar and a lighter and melted the end to a 90 deg
Old 01-23-2013, 10:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by EskimoGangsta
I agree with "C" ratings. they all lie. brand name is more important then "C" ratings. i run thunder powers. It's important to have all of the same packs to so you get the "same feel" each run.
I will never say the C rating is a "lie". I agree there is some truth and some marketing to C ratings. For example, I'm rather certain there is no difference in the chemistry between the 90C Orion and the 100C Revtech.

What is true is that if you "set the bar" at say 65C *cough*reedy*cough* you can let some soft ones through the batch. By "setting the bar higher" you relegate those next step down lipos to your next cheaper offering.

I have gone Revtech on all my batteries, shorties and full size and am very happy with the products.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:44 AM

A) The weight is huge and you should be able to run 8 minutes on good shorties
B) They are expensive, but they are the best, I like my reedy shorty also, but it's just a touch weaker, almost no difference. I have one cheapo shorty and it blows.
C) LOL I have three foams in there for adjustments, and I just took the battery bar and a lighter and melted the end to a 90 deg
Thanks for the info. Maybe I should start saving!....and the lighter trick LOL. Whatever works! I'm surprised it didn't crack!
Old 01-23-2013, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by tksnobords
I have a viper 17.5. But I haven't ran my blitz yet
I'm a fan of Viper. My 9.5 is a Viper...smooth powah!!

I ended up going with AE 5,000 wt. It runs pretty good. If I change it, I will probably only go higher in weight.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks for the info. Maybe I should start saving!....and the lighter trick LOL. Whatever works! I'm surprised it didn't crack!
HPI makes good plastic
I was gonna make something and screw it to the bar and then I realized this is much easier, make sure you have a backup though lmao
Old 01-23-2013, 12:43 PM
Tech Regular

I will never say the C rating is a "lie". I agree there is some truth and some marketing to C ratings. For example, I'm rather certain there is no difference in the chemistry between the 90C Orion and the 100C Revtech.

What is true is that if you "set the bar" at say 65C *cough*reedy*cough* you can let some soft ones through the batch. By "setting the bar higher" you relegate those next step down lipos to your next cheaper offering.

I have gone Revtech on all my batteries, shorties and full size and am very happy with the products.
100c 6000Mah are pretty much whats labeled on every battery now. so you're telling me that battery can continuously give 600amps. even a 600amp burst... common, be real.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by EskimoGangsta
100c 6000Mah are pretty much whats labeled on every battery now. so you're telling me that battery can continuously give 600amps. even a 600amp burst... common, be real.
It only has to do that once at full charge to pass.

It turns out the C rating is related to internal resistance and that does matter significantly

Last edited by Adamska27; 01-23-2013 at 01:10 PM. Reason: fix miswrite
Old 01-23-2013, 01:33 PM
Tech Regular

And i have proline bow fighters also on my truck. They seem too work well but i am going to get barcodes for the extra grip that they give me
Old 01-23-2013, 01:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by blitz98
And i have proline bow fighters also on my truck. They seem too work well but i am going to get barcodes for the extra grip that they give me
I tried those tyres, I like them, I like ProLine Ions way way way way more than barcodes way more
Old 01-23-2013, 02:25 PM
Tech Regular

Im going to the track on friday for friday night racing. Im going to see what people are running.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Definitely invest in good tires. See what the other racers are using. They run slicks at my local indoor clay track. I use Panther Rattlers (similar to Bar Codes) and they work good too. Definitely get a clay compound tire. A lowered ride height will help too.
Yea i have tires and better electronics.....I'm lookin more for shock setup, ride height, and hub positions etc. Thx
Old 01-23-2013, 08:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hopefully this is legible
Attached Thumbnails HPI Blitz Thread-blitz-trackside-001.jpg  
Old 01-23-2013, 08:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by nitro0619
Yea i have tires and better electronics.....I'm lookin more for shock setup, ride height, and hub positions etc. Thx
That became a side i thought
Old 01-23-2013, 08:21 PM
Tech Regular

It only has to do that once at full charge to pass.

It turns out the C rating is related to internal resistance and that does matter significantly
There is no "standard" for C ratings. and yes EVERY company lies of what their battery can do. look into it a little more. it more has to matter with the company and what metals are used.. but in the big picture of things most batteries are made in the same place with the exceptions of a select few.

But at least you use revtechs. I've borrowed a few here and there and they are great packs. felt pretty much identical to my TP's and same price range. but since i run 2x2 cell in my eco i keep all my batteries the same.(also i like the convenience with internally soldered deans) I'm not a huge fan of bullets. right now i own 8 packs all identical. makes life easier wherever and whatever i run.

But this in not the tread to start getting into "batteries" :P

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.