Teeter totter

Old 07-22-2009, 09:42 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Teeter totter

Took an idea of a friend and built this teeter totter. We had an event here called Reno Rocks and they had a full size teeter totter there and it was fun trying to balance a full size rig on it for 8 seconds. Someone suggested that we need an RC one so here is the completed teeter totter....man it's tough.

I know it probably doesn't fit here real well..RC crawlers are electric off road... but I know there are many RC crawlers here too. As soon as I get my advertising up and running again it will go up on RCCrawler.com too....just giving you a sneak peek.

Painted but no decals.

Decals

Present by...

The Wheel Pig crawler on the way up...

...and on the way down
Old 07-23-2009, 10:03 AM
Tech Regular

Now that's pretty cool. So how did everyone do?
Old 07-23-2009, 11:39 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Dragonfueled View Post
Now that's pretty cool. So how did everyone do?
Nobody has tried it except me yet. Hopefully in the next few days I will be at a LHS with it and some crwalers will be there. I couldn't do it It's hard! I may have created a monster
Old 07-23-2009, 12:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

seems wayyy too hard
Old 07-23-2009, 01:51 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by fr0z3nfr0g View Post
seems wayyy too hard
Maybe..but if it was easy there would be no point in doing it. It will sure tell the competitors hopw well they know their crawlers.
Old 07-23-2009, 03:03 PM
Tech Champion

If anyone can do it, we want video proof!
Maybe add some higher pivot positions, make it a little easier. Then work it back as guys get the hang of it. Or should I say if?
Old 07-23-2009, 05:10 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Dave H View Post
If anyone can do it, we want video proof!
Maybe add some higher pivot positions, make it a little easier. Then work it back as guys get the hang of it. Or should I say if?
Ever heard of the laws of physics?? I can balance the empty ramp so it sits level no problem. If that can be done the only factor is the weight of the vehicle and the control the driver has over it. I saw it done with a full size Jeep..I couldn't do it because my axle broke... shouldn't be any more difficult with a 1/10th scale.
Old 07-23-2009, 09:09 PM
Tech Champion

Not saying it can’t be done, I just agree with your earlier comments that it won’t be easy. I know I couldn’t do it! Sure would be fun to see someone do it though, I think it’s a cool idea, hey it would be fun just to watch guys try it I imagine. Nice work constructing it too. Please share some videos.
Cheers!

Last edited by Dave H; 07-23-2009 at 11:29 PM.
Old 07-24-2009, 01:05 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

That's an awesome idea! Looks like it would be a blast, and very challenging! Let us know how that thing works out.
Old 07-24-2009, 05:08 PM
Tech Rookie

That's a great idea! I hope it catches on and you sell a bunch.
Does that have a wooden deck on it?
Old 07-24-2009, 06:15 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Espeefan View Post
That's an awesome idea! Looks like it would be a blast, and very challenging! Let us know how that thing works out.
Yep I plan on doing just that. I just want to see how crawlers can cope with this. I can tweak it to make it a little more friendly but the whole idea is to see how much control the driver has over his vehicle. Believe me if you can move your crawler in very small smooth increments you can balance it. Defintely won't be able to do it with a cheap jerky controller..like I have
Old 07-24-2009, 06:19 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by hondawhitefox View Post
That's a great idea! I hope it catches on and you sell a bunch.
Does that have a wooden deck on it?
Yes the deck is plywood strips 2 inches wide...sorta 1/10th scale sorta.

I hope it catches on too but I'm not trying to sell them. This was somewhat expensive to make and took about 20 hours of work.
Old 07-24-2009, 06:23 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Dave H View Post
Not saying it canít be done, I just agree with your earlier comments that it wonít be easy. I know I couldnít do it! Sure would be fun to see someone do it though, I think itís a cool idea, hey it would be fun just to watch guys try it I imagine. Nice work constructing it too. Please share some videos.
Cheers!
We have a practice crawling event every Wed in a park in Reno and I just might bring the beast and have whoever wants to try it. I'll also bring my video camera
Old 07-25-2009, 10:13 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Awesome idea!!

Sure sees like the 1:1 would be hard on the trans though, guess you'd find out how much heat your trans can get rid of.
Old 07-25-2009, 12:59 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Duster_360 View Post
Awesome idea!!

Sure sees like the 1:1 would be hard on the trans though, guess you'd find out how much heat your trans can get rid of.
Actually the 1:1 was easy to get up on...of course you had to have 4WD. I ran it in my 98 Jeep ZJ and actually balanced for 4 seconds before going over. It was tough and fun and no problem with the trans but I wound up with a broken axle but not the fault of the teeter totter just a junky Dana 30. Some guy won it in a rented Lexus AWD CAR. Now ain't that a kick in the teeth to all the crawlers.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.