R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 07-22-2009, 02:12 PM   #16
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG RC 10T View Post

Also before you do any mods what so ever, make sure that you will still be able to race it in the stock slash class.
This is a must. My aluminum shock caps could push me to the mod class at one track in my area. Were I'm racing today they allow oil changes, RPM rear stub axle carriers, and alluminum shock caps in the Spec class. No SC10 and the Losi may be excluded too.
stockslasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 09:17 PM   #17
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockslasher View Post
This is a must. My aluminum shock caps could push me to the mod class at one track in my area. Were I'm racing today they allow oil changes, RPM rear stub axle carriers, and alluminum shock caps in the Spec class. No SC10 and the Losi may be excluded too.
how did you do?
Old 07-23-2009, 12:56 AM   #18
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockslasher View Post
+1. The location where I plan to start racing uses the "National Championship Club Series" rules that are posted on http://www.rcsignup.com. In the Stock Slash rules there, the diff can't be locked or modified in anyway. Thankfully, at least aluminum shock caps and the RPM gear cover are both allowed (though I use the electrical-tape-to-cover-the-hole trick on the stock gear cover).

I really wish diff mods were allowed though .
jolson88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 11:45 AM   #19
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

Hmmm...any links to this sealing of the diff? I just finished taking apart my slash and puting it back together and now I gotta take it apart again...

My track allows me to change fluids, radio gear, body, and gearing(yes locking diff is allowed as most guys have done this). I don't know if aluminum caps are allowed i'll have to check and see.
Back on topic though could anyone post up a link to this diff sealing? Also any recommendations for diff oil on a high traction application.
Old 07-23-2009, 01:37 PM   #20
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

Okay just googled slash diff seal and I took a trip to the lhs to get some 80wt oil for the shocks, 120,000 weight oil for the diff, and CA to seal the diff. I filled the shocked and got them mounted to see how the slash ran witht he diff. locked, I did all that work so hey I might as well get one run out of it. The turning was very wide! It too a good 2 1/2 or three feet to get it to turn. It wanted to spin also. So I took it to the work bench and took it apart opulled the puddy out of the diff and put the 120,000 weight oil in the diff(not too sure how much to use but I gave it a good shot). Put CA on the whole plastic plate where the screws go in and the plastic removes from the diff to reveal the internal gears. The CA set and I buttoned everything back up.

I took it outside and wow a world of a differance. The thing turns like a champ. I can now go into the turns with a lot more speed! I highly reccomend this setup for racers!
Old 07-26-2009, 05:41 PM   #21
Tech Addict

I use 500k kyosho diff oil in my slash.