Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
trak power lipo problems >

trak power lipo problems

trak power lipo problems

Old 07-21-2009, 04:23 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default trak power lipo problems

I recently bought a used trak power saddle pack here on rctech. I ran it for one race day and during the 7min main it got very hot and swelled so much the case seperated. When I had bought it I was told it swelled once before but has worked fine ever since. I guess it wasn't ok So I have been trying to contact trak power to see what my options are seeing as I do have the reciept and it is only about 6 months old. The problem is the phone number on their website doesn't work. Does anyone know how to contact trak power?
Old 07-21-2009, 06:32 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Is this the number you're trying?

This is from TrakPower's website -

http://www.trakpower.com/index.asp?page=support.asp

1 (919) 741 6310

They say on their site to contact "support" and give a Flightpower email address. The phone No above is a FP number as well - looks like FP is Trakpower in the US.
Old 07-21-2009, 07:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Did you end up taking the battery home with you?!?!?!?!

That thing was UGLY after the main! Very strange deal indeed. What was it about 10 minutes or so AFTER your race that it started to swell?

Hope they take care of you.

Chris
Old 07-21-2009, 07:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I'm pretty sure Flightpower(Trakpower) warranties their lipo batteries for three months to original purchaser, so good luck with that. I would not count on help, especially since purchased used. Batteries are considered consumables and usually come with little to no warranty.
Old 07-21-2009, 07:55 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 274 (100%+)

sorry to hear that but in general from what I have heard, if you puff a lipo its pretty much done. it may go down in swelling and still be usuable in some form, but it will ALWAYS be suspect and I would not purchase a lipo in that condition with the expectation that it will work properly.

You may just need to chalk it up as a lesson learned and go from there as based on what you said and what has been posted, the seller stated what you were getting and who knows what your driving conditions are versus what they were doing, and trakpower won't warranty it either it appears.
Old 07-22-2009, 08:26 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Yes I learned my lesson on this one. But I was thinking I might be able to at least see if trak power would offer any help or even replace it at a discounted rate seeing as it was not that old. I am trying to avoid a total loss of my money here thats all.

Duster, yes that is the number I have been trying to call and all I get is beeping from it, not even ringing. So I'm not sure how to get a hold of them