Wiki Posts
Search

Lipo ... Weight or not to Weight

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 05:00 PM
Dob
Tech Addict

Default Lipo ... Weight or not to Weight

New to racing with a GV2 Buggy and Truck. My first race ever was with LIPO power. Car pushed real bad (probably 90% user error I'm sure). Question is do you guys recomend adding weight to a Lipo powered car. I have no "setups" so its not like I'm trying to recreate certain performance aspects. Other then meeting the minimun weight requirments ( which I think my car does), why would I want to add weight? If I need to add weight, I have trouble bringing myself to use those ugly lead stick ons. Saw some decent looking SS plates out there too, but can't find a retailer.

It is needed to add weight. Where do I want it? Instead of adding weight what about using softer springs ? Lighter Oil? Etc. I read somewhere that a Pro (Tebo I think) said that all they did was reset the ride height and went for it...
Old 07-16-2009, 05:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

i know people that still run nimh just for the weight and still win races...most people like having their car as weightless as possible but you know when you need weight you also can adjust the ride height but i like keeping the shock oil 30wt round
Old 07-16-2009, 06:19 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

If your car "pushed real bad" try adding some weight to the front end, or move the battery farther forward if possible. For tuning purposes the ugly stick on weights will work .