Wiki Posts
Search

Rb5 helllp

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 06:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)
Default Rb5 helllp

Hey guys I picked up a RB5 off here with a worlds rear the guy said. I had to send back my charger to Venom, so the car has been siting. Today I get the charger and go to play with my RB5 to get ready for racing. Well I do like the normal checkup and touches to the car, ran her around in a few circles and the right drive shaft popped right out of the drive axel.

I tryed popping it back in and run it aagain and the same thing happes. Am I doing something wrong?? He built the car before he sent it to me, so I know I didnt do anything. Does anyone know why it would do this?? Please all the info on this. thank you
Old 07-13-2009, 06:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

Sounds like he didnt use the longer cvds required for the mid arm conversion.
Old 07-13-2009, 07:24 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by dgdcustoms
Sounds like he didnt use the longer cvds required for the mid arm conversion.
This could be true very true. How can I find out???

These are not stock they look aftermarket.
Old 07-13-2009, 07:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

If you have a set of digital calipers, you can check the overall length of the shaft. Stock shafts should be 62.5. For the mid arm setup, they should be the 65.5mm cvd shafts. The part number for those is: LA232.
Old 07-13-2009, 07:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

Originally Posted by K_Spec_RC
If you have a set of digital calipers, you can check the overall length of the shaft. Stock shafts should be 62.5. For the mid arm setup, they should be the 65.5mm cvd shafts. The part number for those is: LA232.
What he saidThanks I was searching for the part numbers and length.Its been awhile since I built mine.
Old 07-14-2009, 05:21 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by K_Spec_RC
Originally Posted by dgdcustoms
What he saidThanks I was searching for the part numbers and length.Its been awhile since I built mine.
Thank you for the reply I will be checking this out. My buddy drives for kyosho so Im sure he will know exactly. But I will check this up myself. Thanks again guys.

If he used the right drive shafts what could be the problem??
Old 07-14-2009, 07:34 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by killatoyota4569
Thank you for the reply I will be checking this out. My buddy drives for kyosho so Im sure he will know exactly. But I will check this up myself. Thanks again guys.

If he used the right drive shafts what could be the problem??
Easy check, STD RB5 driveshafts are silver, ones for the worlds rear end are black...

Other than that, too much droop (check what hole the shocks are mounted on the wishbones, camber could be off, but really the most likely reason is he didn't get a complete worlds rear end kit and didn't change the driveshafts.
Old 07-14-2009, 09:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

As TRF said, if the drive shafts are silver ( I'm assuming they are, as you said they look after market ) they are too short. Other possibilities are a cracked T-plate, or broken pivot block, as they could flex and allow the cvd to pop out.
Old 07-14-2009, 10:35 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TRF415boy
Easy check, STD RB5 driveshafts are silver, ones for the worlds rear end are black...

Other than that, too much droop (check what hole the shocks are mounted on the wishbones, camber could be off, but really the most likely reason is he didn't get a complete worlds rear end kit and didn't change the driveshafts.
Originally Posted by BenEllis
As TRF said, if the drive shafts are silver ( I'm assuming they are, as you said they look after market ) they are too short. Other possibilities are a cracked T-plate, or broken pivot block, as they could flex and allow the cvd to pop out.
Yes THEY ARE SILVER!!

So Sad I bought this car on here. And this guy was pleading that it had a WORLDS REAR and ALL THE PARTS!!! and then he sent me extras and has been saying I got a sick deal.

Let see I have missing and broken parts, and the wrong parts....... Anyone see where I got a good deal?? And this is for my son, who I am getting into racing.
Old 07-14-2009, 10:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Thumbs up

That sucks I did that last year with my Lazer That was a rookie mistake Mayb if ur still having the problem 2 shim the diff back their 2 move it a little closer if its just barely coming out?!?!
Old 07-14-2009, 10:54 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by killatoyota4569
Yes THEY ARE SILVER!!

So Sad I bought this car on here. And this guy was pleading that it had a WORLDS REAR and ALL THE PARTS!!! and then he sent me extras and has been saying I got a sick deal.

Let see I have missing and broken parts, and the wrong parts....... Anyone see where I got a good deal?? And this is for my son, who I am getting into racing.
Well, if it has the worlds rear end your rear shocks bodies should be a different colour to the front, a kinda purple-ish brown rather than plain silver. Those (shorter) bodies came with the worlds rear conversion along with UM519 hubs, wishbones, lower shock tower and longer driveshafts.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:21 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

killatoyota how do you know you have broken parts just because someone said that might be an issue and can cause the bones to fall out. The only way you can tell if something is broken is to take aprt the car or flex the car a little in your hands to see if somthing moves that isn't ment to move.

I would guess that they forgot about the bones which is why they wern't included, and before you cry up storm think of how much you paid and what everything would be if you bought it new, as I would bet you saved quite a bit of cash.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

killatoyota- If everything else is up to date ( tower, a-arms, shock bodys ) then all you'll need to get are the new bones. Depending on how much you paid, still can be a good deal. Still sucks it was miss-advertised.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:39 AM
Tech Regular

I am going to bring it to my local hobby shop and see what my guy says, and I will post back up with you guys. thanks for all the help
Old 07-14-2009, 03:14 PM
Tech Regular

well jkust got back from LIR and the owner and another fellow Both agreed with me that I got ripped off, that the rear parts were all stock, nothing on the car was different, that the car was bone stock.

Love how adults love taking advantage of under age kids. It was my son who bought this car on his own, and did all the talking. Now I am here to try and help him and fix the problem. Now this guys has been screaming, yelling and argueing with me since day 1 we got this buggy saying it was worlds this and worlds that. Now I have first hands on exp. BY not 1 but 2 people both saying send it back get your money back and leave the bad feedback.

But how? The guy doesnt want to be a gentleman about the situation. He wants to steal from a 11 year old kid. How pathetic can we get? I know we are in a recession but guys is that how we do things?

Thanks again for all the help everyone

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.