Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1/8th excelleron motors?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 03:33 PM
Tech Rookie

Default 1/8th excelleron motors?

i've had my eightE for a few months and it has been great except now i fear the motor is toast, now after alap and a half it over heats and and starts to shut down. i was told this means the motor winds are starting to burn out. does anyone else have any experience with this?
has anyone used other motors than the losi's with there speedcontrol? if so what kind and how do they work for you?
thanks for any help.
Old 07-12-2009, 04:11 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by fasterfastercat
i've had my eightE for a few months and it has been great except now i fear the motor is toast, now after alap and a half it over heats and and starts to shut down. i was told this means the motor winds are starting to burn out. does anyone else have any experience with this?
has anyone used other motors than the losi's with there speedcontrol? if so what kind and how do they work for you?
thanks for any help.
If you are having problems I suggest contacting customer service for Losi. They were able to look at my motor and get it running like new. Their customer service is top notch and the best in the industry. Just call them or email them and they will have you send it in and will ship it back really fast.
Old 07-12-2009, 06:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

check all the screws on the can the heads snap off and cause the motor to run real bad
Old 07-14-2009, 05:22 PM
Tech Rookie

any one else have experience with these motors? will a neu motor work with the losi speed control?
Old 07-14-2009, 05:32 PM
Sylvéris

Originally Posted by fasterfastercat
any one else have experience with these motors? will a neu motor work with the losi speed control?
There's not any problem to use a Neu motor with your ESC, I know it works because I made it ! But I don't know if my motor is not too "big" for this ESC. One of my Xcelorins has stopped during a run, then nothing !!!
I was very happy with this combo, but I don't know if this ESC can really handle my Neu 1515/1.5D 2650kv ??? You can choose a Neu but I think :
- 1512/2D max
- 1515/1Y max
Bye !