Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi CORR truck Teaser shot

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 02:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

We've just changed the layout to run it backwards. It's even MORE fun to try and make it clean and fast. The dip in the middle is all about timing. However, if you're racing a brushless truggy against a nitro, you can pull THIS stunt off. Several minutes into the race, I was trying to find a clean pass, so I just jumped OVER the guy in front of me...hehe

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 07-08-2009, 03:01 PM
Tech Adept

I think the truck will be interesting - local allowed an SC10 in the stock slash class - veteran RC guy on the wheel - came in dead last. Don't buy the hype. They are all pretty equal. Mod class has a couple of SC10s in it - they aren't dominating - Slash runs that too.

Worry less about brand names and more bout driving and life will get easier.
Old 07-08-2009, 03:04 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)
Lightbulb

+1 Open Corr....
Old 07-08-2009, 04:21 PM
Tech Elite

Location: anywhere I can race 2wd dirt,and 1/12 onroad in MI.
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by XXXDad
+1 Open Corr....
+1 also. Been saying that since the ROAR rules for the class were announced!
Old 07-08-2009, 04:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 2wdMod
+1 also. Been saying that since the ROAR rules for the class were announced!
Yup yup!
Old 07-09-2009, 02:10 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Crawler
This is what I heard.

Have no way to confirm this.

It will be much longer than the Traxxas and Associated trucks.

Losi was asked to be a part of the specification portion of the ROAR rules, as it was known their entry was in development. The never replied to the requests for participation. Then, when the rules were complete, they threw a fit.
Hmmmm, I guess my sourse was right.

Strike SPECS:

Length: 22.76 inches (578.1mm)
Width: 11.65 inches (295.9mm)
Wheelbase: 13.2 inches (335.2mm)
Weight:4.3 lbs (1.95kg) without Battery

ROAR SCT SPECS:

Overall Length: 22.36
Max Width: 11.65
Wheelbase: 13.10
Minimun weight: 74 ozs

I like the body, tires and wheel look good as well. Tranny should be fine and I give Horizon props for the 2.4 radio system they have pioneered in the RTR arena. I think the motor location is sweet!

But are you frigging kidding me, Losi copied Traxxas again w/ the raised chassis and a 550 motor? WTF?

This only proves to me that Losi just isn't serious about 1/10 racing any more and have resigned themselves to punching out RTR bashers in an attempt to emulate Traxxas in sales success.

I understand that Horizon is a business and their main function is to make money and that's fine. But to use the once proud Losi name to chase Traxxas around to sell bashers is saddening.

It's like some multi national conglomerate buying up Ferrari and then placing the Prancing Stallion emblem on the hood of some little sh*t box 3 cylinder put put.

What the hell, I bought a Slash, I guess I'll end up w/ Strike as well.

Unfortunately, I'm not nearly as excited about this release as I was.
Old 07-09-2009, 04:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

same here crawler waited and waited and this is it>??
Old 07-09-2009, 04:56 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

WOW!!!! what a POS!!! the only thing cool about it is the mid motor...

that body is fuguly...
Old 07-09-2009, 07:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

HOPEFULLY, they'll FIRE the guys that came up with this, and send some New guys to the drawing board. Erase what the old guys had, take the XXX-T like they SHOULD have done, and stretch it into a competitor for the SC10. That P.O.S. is rediculous...
Old 07-09-2009, 07:22 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R40Victim
HOPEFULLY, they'll FIRE the guys that came up with this, and send some New guys to the drawing board. Erase what the old guys had, take the XXX-T like they SHOULD have done, and stretch it into a competitor for the SC10. That P.O.S. is rediculous...
Yea, I heard it was the same guy who came up with the Pontiac Aztec.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Well the bonus is that Losi has thier own 550 12T which means it might give an alternative to the POS Titan 12T.

Im gonna give this truck a chance.. but with a different body.. the one it comes with looks fugly
Old 07-09-2009, 10:00 AM
Tech Elite

Location: anywhere I can race 2wd dirt,and 1/12 onroad in MI.
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R40Victim
YUP!!! I cant beleive a major man. like losi would go outside the rules for a class and honestly expect them to sell.you wont be able to run one anywhere that runs by roar rules.I mean what a massive failure. I mean even I was able to make a SC truck and keep it well within the class rules for god's sake!!!(see pics)

I mean I am all for having more manufacturers in the game,that's why I built my truck , to show the brand I run (Academy) That it could be done with out extensive re-tooling and re-designing.So for Losi to show up late to the party with a truck that wont be legal to run is just a catostrophic mistake on their part,
Attached Thumbnails Losi CORR truck Teaser shot-100_1519.jpg   Losi CORR truck Teaser shot-100_1520.jpg  
Old 07-09-2009, 11:03 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Hmmmm, I guess my sourse was right.

But are you frigging kidding me, Losi copied Traxxas again w/ the raised chassis and a 550 motor? WTF?

This only proves to me that Losi just isn't serious about 1/10 racing any more and have resigned themselves to punching out RTR bashers in an attempt to emulate Traxxas in sales success.

I understand that Horizon is a business and their main function is to make money and that's fine. But to use the once proud Losi name to chase Traxxas around to sell bashers is saddening.

That is the smart play for Losi. First rule of business is to make money! They saw a winner with the Slash and they emulated it. Makes perfect sense. If people want the full race treatment they should get an SC10.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:10 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by blade329
That is the smart play for Losi. First rule of business is to make money! They saw a winner with the Slash and they emulated it. Makes perfect sense. If people want the full race treatment they should get an SC10.
May be a good thing for Horizon, but Losi is...........I'm sorry, was a racing company that was bastardized.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:18 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

May be a good thing for Horizon, but Losi is...........I'm sorry, was a racing company that was bastardized.
Losi has definitely become less about racing. It doesn't bother me though. If the company puts out products that are fun, then who cares? The short course class came about from a non race truck, so another one from a difference company wont hurt a thing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.