Wiki Posts
Search

New Here, Have Some Questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 01:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Danny17
If I get a new motor would I have to regear? I thought about it and I think maybe it would be better to get something else. I was looking at e revos, stampedes, e maxxes, slashes, hpi e firestorms, and other stuff, but it might be a while before I get one. I have to save up cash and get better. What do you guys think? Should I upgrade or get a new truck or truggy? I know some are preferred to what you actually do with them but I'll be jumping and sort of racing on my own little track that I'll design.
If you get a new motor you would most likely need to change the gearing but that is very simple and cheap. All the vehicles you mentioned in that post aren't race worthy except for the Slash. Go to your local track and local hobby shop, see what brands of cars they carry and what class is popular at the track. IMO if you are going to race electric go with a B4, T4, or Slash if your budget is small.
Old 06-30-2009, 08:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well I want my evader to be a little faster so what type of motor should I get? I'm talking about turn, sensored, all that stuff. And if I do get a better motor I have to get a new esc right?
Old 06-30-2009, 09:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Are sidewinder 5700s any good?