Wiki Posts
Search

Must have Rc10t4 upgrades???

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2009, 12:14 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default Must have Rc10t4 upgrades???

ok...so i've been looking at stuff for my RC10t4.
i'm buying either a sidewinder/velieon setup or sidewinder/5700 setup for it.

but, with the added power....(only gonna run it off 2s) what parts will i need to start looking at to make it perform better, and be stronger?

i looked over the 550+ page t4 thread...but just don't have the time to nitpick the parts out that i need to order.

so...GT2 front arms are the most common thing i've seen. what along wiht them would i need?

what about the rear?

any other chassis pieces? I'm wanting to steer clear of carbon and most aluminum (well...arms at least), i am gonna "semi-bash" and need the durability over the weight savings. and plastic is cheaper lol.
Old 06-20-2009, 11:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

RC10T4 upgrades with AE parts!

===

6276 GT2 ball stud .200
(for steering rack)

6277 GT2 ball stud .300
(for all other ball studs)

7914 GT2 Front Shock Tower
(link mount is .030 lower than T4's you will need to add another washer under the ball stud to keep the same camber action)

7917 GT2 Front A-arms
(RPM arms for GT2 are even better!!!)

7921 GT2 Steering Arms

7919 GT2 Front Caster Blocks (25 degree)

9730 B44 rear hub

7935 3/16x1/2 bearing

7933 bearing crush tube
Old 06-20-2009, 05:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I had a T4 for a very long time, with a 6.5 bl motor. You will need the front hinge pin brace in aluminum and rpm front arm.

I also changed the ball cups to rpm and the turn buckles to lundsford, as the factory ones bent and popped of easily.
Old 06-20-2009, 11:01 PM
Tech Addict

what tends to break first?

i tried to run at the track yesterday for the first time...and the friggin wheel kept flying off, and i eventually lost the 2 bearings and the plastic piece of crap wheel nut.

i got 2 packs of bearings today and should my my mcmaster front/rear nylocks on monday.

i just want to be prepared for what breaks when i put in the sidewinder/velineon
Old 06-21-2009, 08:29 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

get aluminum nyloc nuts for the front axles, all the ballstuds, and the shock mounts.

get the RPM GT2 front end with the needed hinge pins

RPM mini front bumper

the GT2s AE parts Tmail listed are good but i just keep the following spares (that i never need) : front and rear towers, the lower chassis T-plate, caster blocks, rear team arms (not FT), rear hubs, and finally spare cvds...

I like the Jconcepts ballcups myself.... but the RPMs are great!
Old 06-21-2009, 10:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

Post T4 Upgrades

Uhh...Unless you have extra cash upgrades are not really nessesary. I have run a T4 with a Mamba 5700 for one year, hit speeds of up to 50mph, and have never broken ANYTHING except for the Top Plate. I would personally stick with the plastic parts for bashing: More durable, cheaper, will flex instead of break (most of the time), and all around better...just an opinion...
Old 06-28-2009, 08:35 PM
Tech Addict

ok...to revist this...

what wheels tires are good for all around? i'm going to be running, mostly, on a very short...usually dry, dusty, and bumpy dirt oval and short course.

other times i'll be on a decently groomed 1/8 track with some pretty big jumps
Old 06-29-2009, 01:15 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GSRswapandslow
ok...to revist this...

what wheels tires are good for all around? i'm going to be running, mostly, on a very short...usually dry, dusty, and bumpy dirt oval and short course.

I run the J Concepts rulux wheels on my truck, the ere incredibly tough despite what you would think since they are spoked wheels. I have the GT2 "quik change" rear hubs which makes wheel swaps easy! They also look cool too! They come in white or yellow. Hope this helps!
Attached Thumbnails Must have Rc10t4 upgrades???-t4a.jpg  
Old 06-29-2009, 04:01 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mrmike1294
Uhh...Unless you have extra cash upgrades are not really nessesary. I have run a T4 with a Mamba 5700 for one year, hit speeds of up to 50mph, and have never broken ANYTHING except for the Top Plate. I would personally stick with the plastic parts for bashing: More durable, cheaper, will flex instead of break (most of the time), and all around better...just an opinion...

I agree.

I raced a T4 for a year and only broke 1 arm. My primary car is a B4 and in 4 years I've broken a couple of arms and a rear shock tower. Out of the box, the T4 (and B4) are very, very good buggies.

I would suggest spending money on some spares (arms, shock towers), and variety of tyres to see what works best on your local tracks.
Old 06-29-2009, 02:15 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GSRswapandslow
ok...to revist this...

At my local tracks, Double D's are the tire of choice. Most guys run them front and rear for trucks, Double D's rear and Rounders for fronts on buggies.
Old 06-29-2009, 02:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

i would prolly say just get the aluminum front hinge pin brace. All that gt2 stuff isn't needed what so ever. I used to have a t4 ft and it only broke a front arm here or there and it only takes a couple moments to change.

But the money towards a nice set of tools. They really make life easier. Also maybe some locknuts for the wheels and the back of the ballstuds.
Old 06-29-2009, 04:18 PM
Tech Addict

haha, first thing i did was get mcmaster carr online....got locknuts for all the wheels and everything else.

i also have good tools

so a hinge brace is getting ordered right now...

and i'll look at the double d's
Old 07-03-2009, 01:32 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Great thread. I have been out of RC for the last 15 years, I just purchased a second hand Ft T4.

I hope to get it out to the track in the next few weeks and want to start to learn as much as possible about it, what it takes to be competitive out there.

Jeremy

Last edited by one-j-dub; 07-13-2009 at 09:38 PM.