Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Couple Questions on the Tekin RS Pro  (not about hot setups) >

Couple Questions on the Tekin RS Pro (not about hot setups)

Couple Questions on the Tekin RS Pro (not about hot setups)

Old 06-17-2009, 07:31 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Couple Questions on the Tekin RS Pro (not about hot setups)

Hey all! Just purchased the new Rs Pro 10.5 with Hotwire for my XXXT CR. I have to say that this is a pretty sweet setup. I am trying to get it dialed in and have a couple of questions on 2 of the adjustments. First, on the Voltage cutoff when programming for a custom tune, the default is 3.0v. Is that value per cell or per pack? I'm running 2c1p Orion lipo's and would like to set the cutoff to atleast 3.2v per cell. Do I change that 3.0v value to 3.2v or 6.4 volts? Second, is the Current limit the same, or operate the same as Punch control (say like, on the MM/CC)? The higher the value, the more punch (power) from 0% throttle with a full throttle pull & the lower the value the longer it will take to get to full speed?

Retired out of the hobby when my son was born. Now he is 15, and wants to race. So, I'm trying to keep my questions as generic as possible so he, and maybe all the other young racers to be, can not only read the questions, but understand the answers.

Sorry for the long post, and thank you in advance for all of your input and help!
Old 06-17-2009, 07:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Also post your question on Tekin's website in their forum section. Randy Pike,Team Manager, usually answers your questions pretty quick.

idbdoug
Old 06-17-2009, 07:37 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by idbdoug View Post
Also post your question on Tekin's website in their forum section. Randy Pike,Team Manager, usually answers your questions pretty quick.

idbdoug
Thanks, on my way there.
Old 06-17-2009, 07:57 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

We're good.

Current limiter is similiar to punch control. It limits the power available at the low end of the throttle. It does not affect top speed power. This is great for slippery tracks.

Custom VC needs to be what voltage you want, so 6.4v if you want 3.2v per cell.

Make sure you go the site and use the latest software:

www.teamtekin.com/hotwire.html
Old 06-17-2009, 08:15 PM
Tech Rookie

[QUOTE=Randy_Pike;5950695]
Make sure you go the site and use the latest software:[QUOTE]

Thanks for the quick response Randy. I appreciate it. If the latest software is the one with the little green window stating the incompatability between the Hotwire and the ESC, then I am up to date. Thanks again, Iric.

By the way Randy, how long do I have to wait for the confirmation email, before I can log on and post on Team Tekin website?
Old 06-17-2009, 08:22 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Usually 24 hours...

Make sure to not use gmail account, we won't take 'em.
Old 06-17-2009, 08:24 PM
Tech Rookie

Not a problem. I hate those gmail account, scammer type people. Thanks again!
Old 06-17-2009, 08:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by iric1 View Post
Hey all! Just purchased the new Rs Pro 10.5 with Hotwire for my XXXT CR. I have to say that this is a pretty sweet setup. I am trying to get it dialed in and have a couple of questions on 2 of the adjustments. First, on the Voltage cutoff when programming for a custom tune, the default is 3.0v. Is that value per cell or per pack? I'm running 2c1p Orion lipo's and would like to set the cutoff to atleast 3.2v per cell. Do I change that 3.0v value to 3.2v or 6.4 volts? Second, is the Current limit the same, or operate the same as Punch control (say like, on the MM/CC)? The higher the value, the more punch (power) from 0% throttle with a full throttle pull & the lower the value the longer it will take to get to full speed?

Retired out of the hobby when my son was born. Now he is 15, and wants to race. So, I'm trying to keep my questions as generic as possible so he, and maybe all the other young racers to be, can not only read the questions, but understand the answers.

Sorry for the long post, and thank you in advance for all of your input and help!

the Current Limiter is based on a % scale, so 100=100%, 50=50% etc.

the custom cutoff is the total voltage, set it at 6.4 if you want 3.2v per cell, but make sure the slider bar is on the custom setting

the CL is very usefull for overpowered stuff/slippery track, I'v got my maxx set at 25 and it will still wheely
Old 06-17-2009, 10:24 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by whitrzac View Post
the Current Limiter is based on a % scale, so 100=100%, 50=50% etc.

the custom cutoff is the total voltage, set it at 6.4 if you want 3.2v per cell, but make sure the slider bar is on the custom setting

the CL is very usefull for overpowered stuff/slippery track, I'v got my maxx set at 25 and it will still wheely
Thanks Whitrzac. Very useful info. I think now, I think my T CR will be ready for her 1st race on Friday

Thanks again everyone!